knowlege adventure program on CD not working with windows 10

yogirlalyssa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the date on it is 1994. i just dont know why, but it says "this app can't run on your pc, to find a version for your PC, contact the seller."
why???
interactual player barely worked, while this doesn't work at all????

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
it's a 16-bit Windows program
👍
Often installers of even newer programs or games are 16 bit.

============
A date of 1994 is a very strong indication of 16 bit legacy stuff. Few NT 3.x or Win 3.11 programs with Win32s usage exist from the mid 1990s.

Most standard software from that time frame works perfectly on a physical Win 98SE computer. While not the true DOS+Win 3.x experience it is close enough and way more stylish than running emulators or virtual machines.
Fire up a Win98 machine and dive into the past!

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.😉

Knowledge Adventure Games/Software are most of Windows (3.1x) and 95 Programs/Games.😉❤️
Post automatically merged:

@yogirlalyssa

If you have a Powerful PC,you can try
https://86box.net/

Works with Windows 3.1X/95/98/ME
I have an Intel Core i7 6700 and can use an Intel Pentium II 266.
This is Power enough and will work with your Knowledge Adventure Games.

So you need a Windows 95/98 CD with Serial Key and Drivers for the emultated Hardware (for Example Soundblaster ISA Soundcards.)
Please have no Fear,you will find everything on winworldpc.com / archive.org or vogons.org.

And it makes Fun,I can assure you.❤️😉👍

Last edited by Alexander1970,

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There could be a heap of reasons. Most likely, it's a 16-bit Windows program. otvdm is popular for those lately.
Most games from the 90s use 16-bit type executables, for mostly Win 3.x and 95. If you want to run such older games, then consider installing OTVDM or use something like a virtual machine.

If you have a Powerful PC,you can try
https://86box.net/

Works with Windows 3.1X/95/98/ME
I have an Intel Core i7 6700 and can use an Intel Pentium II 266.
This is Power enough and will work with your Knowledge Adventure Games.

So you need a Windows 95/98 CD with Serial Key and Drivers for the emultated Hardware (for Example Soundblaster ISA Soundcards.)
Please have no Fear,you will find everything on -snip-.

And it makes Fun,I can assure you.❤️😉👍
PCem or 86box does the trick. DOSBox is more finicky, because it requires tweaking a lot of the emulator configuration and finding specific drivers to that OS.
interactual player barely worked, while this doesn't work at all????
Why would you want to use InterActual Player in 2024? A modern solution would be either PowerDVD or VLC.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Most games from the 90s use 16-bit type executables, for mostly Win 3.x and 95. If you want to run such older games, then consider installing OTVDM or use something like a virtual machine.

PCem or 86box does the trick. DOSBox is more finicky, because it requires tweaking a lot of the emulator configuration and finding specific drivers to that OS.

Depending on circumstances e.g. host specs, I'd look at a full PC emulator e.g. 86box over VMs like Virtual box or VMWare these days as I've had issues with them on my newer Ryzen hardware, in my case the 98SE installer will crash at some point on them supposedly due to some compatibility issue on the host CPU.

I know W95 can also have issues on faster CPUs due to a flawed test, but there is a patch available.

Why would you want to use InterActual Player in 2024? A modern solution would be either PowerDVD or VLC.

They clearly want the Shrek skin ;):
https://cdn.mobygames.com/screensho...ndows-the-interactual-player-installs-but.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Alexander1970

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Depending on circumstances e.g. host specs, I'd look at a full PC emulator e.g. 86box over VMs like Virtual box or VMWare these days as I've had issues with them on my newer Ryzen hardware, in my case the 98SE installer will crash at some point on them supposedly due to some compatibility issue on the host CPU.

I know W95 can also have issues on faster CPUs due to a flawed test, but there is a patch available.
The W95 patch from my experience through VMware, had resulted in the OS to no longer function, due to compatibility issues most likely. I reckon this is for older PCs and some x86 emulators.

Haha yes, its always the skins.

Reactions: tech3475

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...