fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you want it to go a bit faster, turn all of the fancy stuff off.

Right click on My Computer > Properties > Advanced > Performance > Settings > Adjust for best performance.

Also, not much help without posting the model of the laptop.

camx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
funny-pictures-computer-more-rams-field.jpg

seriously though, first do your research, figure out what the laptop is equipped with and then figure out what is causing it to perform poorly (in your opinion)

then you decide, is my windoze95 full of junk like spyware and stuff (go start>run> and type "msconfig" and look at your startup options)

or if you really do need rams, look around some sites like newegg or amazon and price yourself some ram. sorry, but with a laptop, your pretty much limited to upgrading ram and hard disk drives.

notnarb

Not narbing it up
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Right click my computer and go to properties, copy the things it lists there, and paste them here. This is your system's specs not including the graphics card

airpirate545

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ok i looked around and i found a good "Kingston ValueRam 2GB 667MHz DDR2 Non-ECC CL5 DIMM (Kit of 2)" ram module i wood like to buy, but how do i know if its compatible with my laptop?

airpirate545

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sorry for being so difficult but anyways here is the system specs

Microsoft Windows XP
Home Edition
Version 2002
SP2

IntelÂPentiumÂ
processor 1.70Ghz
1.70GHz, 504 MB of Ram
Physical Address Extension

Display Adapter: Mobile Intel 915GM/GMS, 910 GML Express Chipset Family

OutlawGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Easy way to find would be opening the laptop memory area and read the label to see which version/model memory you have.

And then buying it making sure it the same model/version.

Also if you buy faster memory it still should work because your laptop would just tell it to work at the speed of the previous memory you had installed. You can also force the new memory to not act like the previous slower memory if your bios supports that.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DanTheManMS said:
Make sure you realize that reformatting deletes all the data from your hard drive, so make sure it's all backed up first.

Yeah, I tend to forget that most people don't have terabytes of space to backup stuff to like I do. ALL of my data is redundant.

So yeah, don't forget to backup stuff first. That would suck to lose everything, which IS what will happen in a re-format. I reformat so often that I forget little bits of info like that.

Thanks for pointing that out DanTheManMS.

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
http://www.crucial.com/

Click on the crucial scanner thingie, it will tell you what kind of ram you can take.

And yeah, reformatting and reinstalling is a great speedup if you want to keep Windows, but switching my laptop to Linux made it run so much faster than on Windows so if you really want the most out of your resources, do that.

inb4 linux vs windows flamewar/ over a million "how i do linux" questions

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: How is everyone?