Kim Jong Il has Died

kthnxshwn

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hitler didn't just stand up and decide to take his own life. He killed himself so he wouldn't die at the hands of others. Either way, your argument is pretty stupid.

Reactions: 1 person

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hitler didn't just stand up and decide to take his own life. He killed himself so he wouldn't die at the hands of others. Either way, your argument is pretty stupid.

Hitler killed himself so that the invading Russians would not take him and throw him into a torture chamber and do as they pleased.

Same reason why Hirohito of Japan surrendered to the allies at the end of WWII, he believed that we would allow the Russians to come in and conquer him and make a huge mess out of his people in Japan.

Both of these axis powers knew how ruthless Russia was because Stalin and Hitler were close friends for a time and Stalin even allowed Hitler to conduct his gruesome experiments on some of Russia's people whom became slain.

WWII in Europe was a huge mess with all the massacres, experiments, bombings, etc etc.

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hitler killed himself so that the invading Russians would not take him and throw him into a torture chamber and do as they pleased.

Same reason why Hirohito of Japan surrendered to the allies at the end of WWII, he believed that we would allow the Russians to come in and conquer him and make a huge mess out of his people in Japan.

Both of these axis powers knew how ruthless Russia was because Stalin and Hitler were close friends for a time and Stalin even allowed Hitler to conduct his gruesome experiments on some of Russia's people whom became slain.

WWII in Europe was a huge mess with all the massacres, experiments, bombings, etc etc.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now if only we didn't have possible power vacuum on our hands because of this...

I hate to say it, but with the possible crises ahead, we might have been better off with the devil we knew.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I felt bad the years back when the photos first showed up showing his state of health. It doesn't matter what the man did and and how horrible his rule may have been for those stuck with him--seeing someone in that state bothers me. No one should have to experience that.
Bullshit, I'm guessing you would say the same for Hitler?
Well, let's think about this: he took his own life, as far as the sources show. That's very different from dying from something out of your control, such as Kim's illness, Qadaffi's beating and pulling, and Mussolini's mistress. Hitler chose to take his own life, in complete responsibility. Life in these others was taken from them.

It's not a matter of qualifying his life's worth against everyone who was harmed by that same life. It's the suffering of life itself which I am sorry for, no matter who the person is.
So its okay to ruin the lives of hundreds of thousands of people, but as long as you kill yourself or get killed its OKAY.
You're the only one who's said that.

:( You are very quick to jump.

D

Deleted-236924

Hitler was a great leader; The only problem was his beliefs.

what would stop south korea from crosing the border ? the could use this moment to their avantage on the war
Probably the tons of North Korean soldiers watching over the border, making sure no one crosses.
(FYI, people get shot if they are caught crossing.)

The only way people can leave North Korea is by crossing the north border, then going south all the way through China, then crossing part of Laos to reach Vietnam, which is the only nearby country to allow North Korean fugitives to fly to South Korea.
Not mentioning that if they get caught in China/Laos, they are sent back to North Korea and killed there.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what would stop south korea from crosing the border ? the could use this moment to their avantage on the war
Probably the tons of North Korean soldiers watching over the border, making sure no one crosses.
(FYI, people get shot if they are caught crossing.)

Not to mention the fact that North Korea A) has the 4th largest army in the world ready to move against South Korea at a moment's notice and B) has enough of artillery and missiles pointed directly at Seoul that, to quote TVTropes, could "wipe out the city in 30 seconds." Plus, we're allied with China and North Korea is allied with China; if both superpowers got dragged into a shooting war, it wouldn't end well for anybody.

But let's just say that it was a war between North and South Korea only. While the South would likely win (Serious advantages with technology and supplies), it would be a very, very, very costly affair. With the near impossibility of integrating the North back into the South, nobody would win.

Despite all of the saber rattling, both sides have been hoping that the other wouldn't seriously go through with it. Hopefully this transition doesn't change that.

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, Celice is misunderstood on multiple forums, haha.

I agree with Celice, somewhat. I feel sorry that these leaders went through what they did, but they deserved their deaths, in my opinion. Decades of Kim Jong-Il starving his own people and telling them that he's a god doesn't make me feel sympathetic towards his death. I have issues with the way Gaddafi was killed, but I don't have issues with him being dead. Same with Jong-Il. And Stalin, and other leaders similar to them.

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally, if someone tortures hundreds of thousands of people by making them starve and such, I don't mind at all if that person suffers.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You do realize he ruled North Korea, not South Korea, right?
Pretty sure he knows that, it's likely just a small mistake on his part.
Gah! Guilty as charged! I indeed mixed the names, I tend to do that all the time. As far as Hitler is concerned, it's not 100% certain that he killed himself, in fact, it's not certain whether or not he died during the siege of Berlin.

There are some credible sources stating that a few weeks before the siege he knew the kreig is lost and chose to escape north, using a U-Boot, then lived his life as a farmer in Argentina and died of natural causes much, much later. Good stuff.

luckwii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Explain to me in detail how a switch from dictatorship to democracy via means of invasion and excessive force with all the civilian casualties and destruction of infrastructure in an already backwards country is a good thing. The U.S has no right to invade countries just because they feel like it, it's the kind of thinking that started the 3rd reich. The U.S is not the navel of the world and you have to entertain and accept the fact that not all nations are like yours and you have no right to lecture them about their faults by means of missile strikes. The military conduct of the U.S should be considered a war crime, mister.

Funny coming from someone from Poland....Very funny. If not for my family and countries sacrifice, you would have never been born or had been part of the 3rd Reich. Ugh I'm done with this. There is no arguing with people in this state of delusion.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Explain to me in detail how a switch from dictatorship to democracy via means of invasion and excessive force with all the civilian casualties and destruction of infrastructure in an already backwards country is a good thing. The U.S has no right to invade countries just because they feel like it, it's the kind of thinking that started the 3rd reich. The U.S is not the navel of the world and you have to entertain and accept the fact that not all nations are like yours and you have no right to lecture them about their faults by means of missile strikes. The military conduct of the U.S should be considered a war crime, mister.

Funny coming from someone from Poland....Very funny. If not for my family and countries sacrifice, you would have never been born or had been part of the 3rd Reich. Ugh I'm done with this. There is no arguing with people in this state of delusion.

HA! HA HA HA! Excuse me, as far as I remember, Poland was liberated by the Soviet Union. Americans hopped in at the point when Germans were already retreating westward, get yourself a history book. In fact, an American soldier never stepped on Polish soil until the very late 20th century, when "thanks to our own innitiative" we got out of the failboat that was U.S.S.R. Oh, by the way, I remind you about the Yalta Conference, where your buddy Roosevelt and his pal Churchill sold our country to Stalin for the shabby premise of peace that ended up causing the Cold War. Your sacrifices deserve no praise of mine, if anything, I should "thank you" for the slaughter of hundreds of Polish families. Y'know - Russians didn't like us. Like, at all. Ever heard of the Katyn massacre, among many others? Don't lecture me about my own history. Your country, among other western powers, did nothing to help my forefathers, neither in the beginning of the war when we outwardly asked for help, nor at the end when you figured that appeasing U.S.S.R is far more important then the petty "Poland".

EDIT: Added links as to clarify the historical background.

EDIT2: Excuse my outburst. It's not that I hold a grudge againts western nations - I can understand that nobody wanted to piss off the U.S.S.R at the peak of its military and political potential. Trying anything "funny" with Stalin could provoke further skirmishes, however the fate of Poland could've been at least slightly better then the "communism" sentence. Never the less, I was angry not because I disagreed with Luck's opinion, but because he pictured a false reality of the war - a glorification of the States that had nothing to do with what actually happened back then in the case of Poland, and seeing that it's my homeland, I felt that I had to thoroughly clarify the situation.

Reactions: 4 people

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country

On top of the obvious pointed out in the post above, you realise that the person who started pre-emptively invading countries to spark off WWII was the bad guy, yeah?

luckwii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There were two fronts in WWII,the Eastern and the Western. Without both Germany would not have been toppled. Don't forget Japanese involvement. To look at one slice of the war is the same tunnel vision....

And to the last poster, don't forget your country was one of the votes in the 17 unanimous to go back into Iraq based on the Gulf War Armistice.

I aint going back and forth here anymore..but I do say, you all need to rethink good and bad. It is very dangerous not knowing the difference between the two. Freedom and equality will disappear soon after the ability to know right and wrong goes.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
There were two fronts in WWII,the Eastern and the Western. Without both Germany would not have been toppled. Don't forget Japanese involvement. To look at one slice of the war is the same tunnel vision....

And to the last poster, don't forget your country was one of the votes in the 17 unanimous to go back into Iraq based on the Gulf War Armistice.

I aint going back and forth here anymore..but I do say, you all need to rethink good and bad. It is very dangerous not knowing the difference between the two. Freedom and equality will disappear soon after the ability to know right and wrong goes.

Your point was that for some bizzare reason I should be thankful for the U.S intervention during WWII, to which I responded "regardless of their intervention, Central and Eastern Europe was in U.S.S.R's pocket anyways the moment the 3rd Reich decided to double-cross U.S.S.R" and provided you with evidence that neither the U.S nor any other Western nation did anything to protect the interests of slavic nations. In fact, I dare to say that the Nazis would have to retreat regardless of whether or not the U.S intervened.

Their strategy of Blitzkreig simply did not work in Russia - their lubrication failed when confronted with the harsh Russian winter, slowing down their progress consciderably. They did not have provisions for warfare in extended periods of time, confronted with the mass of Soviet infantry and stripped of their machinery retreat was a matter of time. Thing is, when you retreat from U.S.S.R, the hammer and the sickle follow you with a clear intention of obliterating their enemy just to make a point. Stalin wanted domination in Eastern Europe, he wanted to have complete access to the Baltic Sea and he recieved both.

What's in it for me that the U.S was helping out on the Western front? Nothing - I don't live in the west. And why bring up Japan, who bailed out of the Axis the moment the atom bombs were dropped? They barely had any influence at all in the regions we were talking about.

I am not undermining the fact that the U.S helped out in the WWII, that would be ridiculous. What I am saying is that my country and many others did not benefit from it in the slightest, countries like Poland have a right to feel betrayed.

I'm glad that you see the importance of seeing a difference between good and evil, that you value freedom and equality and whatnot, but that was not the point, and even if it was, it is you who can't see the real intentions behind invading the Middle East time and time again. I assure you, it's not to get rid of dictatorships.

I'd like to remind you that your country of freedom had dealings with Saddam Hussain, Osama Bin Laden, General Gadaffi and many others. When they were fighting againts a common enemy, they were "friends", when they wanted to start their own kind of order, all of a sudden they became enemies.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Totally related:

gallery_177066_260_88158.png

I promised a Photoshop.

But yeah, I would say "RIP" but I really don't give a shit. Burn in hell ya sick bastard.

Reactions: 2 people

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country

And like the majority of the British public at the time, I disagreed with that decision.

To look at one slice of the war is the same tunnel vision....

You mean like the little slice the US was involved in?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored