Hacking Killer instinct arcade?

cujo200231

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to play this on any emulator? I really dont like many Mame games but this and SF3 were amazing fighting games

cujo200231

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does it really? I could never get it to work on IOS so I figured that it wouldnt work. Is there a specific romset needed? Also does the CHD file and the rom file go in the same spot? Thanks!

jurai

Trophies
XP
Country
it requires the CHD file which is an image of the in-system hard drive the original used, I'm not really sure if some IOS version of mame supports chd's or not tbh

cujo200231

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, im shocked the ds can play this. So I take it that mame4all is the emu ill want to use and then hunt up a 0.37b5 romset?

Codename PUMA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wait, there's a MAME emulator for the Supercard? Holy crap, had no idea. I'd be shocked if KI worked at all. Doesn't work on the Wii. It's easily done on PC, but you do need to shove specific files in specific places. IIRC I hear you can hack an Xbox to play it, too. SNES version is basically perfect on CATSFC.

cujo200231

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, there's a MAME emulator for the Supercard? Holy crap, had no idea. I'd be shocked if KI worked at all. Doesn't work on the Wii. It's easily done on PC, but you do need to shove specific files in specific places. IIRC I hear you can hack an Xbox to play it, too. SNES version is basically perfect on CATSFC.

I had no luck. not only that, but finding roms that are .139 are next to impossible to find. I tried it on Mame4all. If someone actually has this working, id love to hear about it. still my favorite fighting game.

emmanu888

6 years and still going strong
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not even sure the extra CPU power of the DSTWO could let the DS play KI and KI2 at playable speed. Just look at how hard it is to emulate 3D games with MAME on PC.

I have a good PC and yet games like CarnEvil will lag during gameplay.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up