Hakoda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey there Tempers. I'm having problem with my keyboard. Well when in the Windows interface, the keyboard functions fine. Its when I start playing a game that the controls go haywire. From flash games to 2D platformers to 3D racing games, the keyboard is sticking. By that I mean that when I hit one direction, the game is holding that direction down even though I'm not. Although right now, the keyboard is working fine with the arrow keys when working with text so the buttons are not defective. I'm not sure where to start with this problem. I've tried 2 different keyboards, one PS/2 another USB; same problem on both. I've also tried different GPUs as well. I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit edition with an integrated nVidia 8200 GPU and 4GB of RAM with a standard PS/2 keyboard peripheral.

If you need any more information just give me a holler.

Updates:

Installed latest GPU drivers, no difference.
Problem does not occur for flash game in Windows XP Mode which leads me to believe its a Windows Update that messed with this.
Uninstalled keyboard drivers. Restarted and it reinstalled keyboard drivers, no difference.

Solution below.

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's definitely software related.

Any programs that you're running in the background? It may cause some conflicts.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
If the game freezes for the instant that you're holding down the direction, it'll think you're still holding it down even after you release the key. The quick fix is alt tabbing. This may not be your case however, but it's a common cause for the symptom.

As mentioned above, it's definitely software related and not hardware. So look into checking the keyboard drivers (typically means uninstalling and reinstalling them), the graphics drivers, the chipset drivers, and looking for anything that might make your games freeze or become unstable for a split second.

Hakoda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BlackDave said:
That's definitely software related.

Any programs that you're running in the background? It may cause some conflicts.
Thank you BlackDave.

As I ran through my processes via the Task Manager I realized that a program called Texter was running in the background. I installed this program a while back; what it does is it corrects simple grammar mistakes when typing in all windows which incorporate text. I killed the process and bam, all keyboard controls were now under my command. Thanks again. I don't know how I missed that.

Thank you too Originality, I appreciate your contribution.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!