Hacking Just got my 1.1 ps3break in

UnitGGChamp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And I confirm it updates the hex file..When I first opened it(mind you it is the new smaller packaging) I seen pink silicone which is not nice to see..But I plugged it in and hit upgrade and was able to get in bootloader mode..Now what chip it has I'm not sure because device manager does not show it as anything..So V1.1 you are in the clear..1.0 buyers it is a dead end..

Norkusa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's great to hear. I ordered a v1.1 PS3break from VolumeRates last week and should be here any day now. They said v1.1 was updateable but I didn't really believe it since a lot of other USB dongles were claiming to be updateable but really weren't.

UnitGGChamp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Norkusa said:
That's great to hear. I ordered a v1.1 PS3break from VolumeRates last week and should be here any day now. They said v1.1 was updateable but I didn't really believe it since a lot of other USB dongles were claiming to be updateable but really weren't.

I confirm it is official,what kind of chip it has I don't know but it works in bootloader mode so that means something.

overslept

WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WORLD
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I ordered a PS3Break 1.1 and updated it, would I be able to jailbreak my 3.50 PS3 and play online?

Sorry, noob at jailbreaking still.

Ninn

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Arwing789 said:
So if I ordered a PS3Break 1.1 and updated it, would I be able to jailbreak my 3.50 PS3 and play online?

Sorry, noob at jailbreaking still.

no update 3.42 or above blocks the exploit. you have to wait and see if they patch it to 3.50, they are still working on 3.42 right now though.

UnitGGChamp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered from 0shippingzone which is official and only 23$..worked with sites hex file as it upgrades the PIC chip inside..How do I know it was pic you ask,well I loaded several hex files after the success of others from the ps3break site..I loaded the wrong Mhz hex file for psgroove and it killed my dongle,found out on other sites it is not possible to fix..So I did common steps..Unplugged PC and reconnect did not work nor uninstalling the driver..So the green thumb for hex files is KNOW THE MHZ OTHERWISE YOU KILL YOUR BOOTLOADER..just ordered a 1.2 Max Avr that releases the 11th with 32kb atmel,so please take my advice..If you are not sure on how to load hex files or whats the Mhz of them make a thread and ask the pros..so you don't make the wrong mistake..

overslept

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh... so updateable really means updateable to 3.42 instead of 3.41. Laaame
cry.gif

Ninn

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
ok, i ordered mine from 0shippingzone, now i just need to wait for it to arrive so that i can start playing around with it.

UnitGGChamp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ninn said:
ok, i ordered mine from 0shippingzone, now i just need to wait for it to arrive so that i can start playing around with it.

They ship the fastest and show you a picture of the package before they ship..Which is unique..I get mine in less then 10 days,ordered my dstwo there too..

Ninn

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
UnitGGChamp said:
Ninn said:

They ship the fastest and show you a picture of the package before they ship..Which is unique..I get mine in less then 10 days,ordered my dstwo there too..

10 days sound a little long, but the price is real good so i can wait
closedeyes.gif

23$ it not much in swedish krona, almost free
nayps3.gif

UnitGGChamp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ninn said:
UnitGGChamp said:
Ninn said:

10 days sound a little long, but the price is real good so i can wait
closedeyes.gif

10 days is the shortest on free shipping..but I'm in the USA..anywhere else they sell it you would wait close to month unless you get EMS shipping.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Arwing789 said:
Oh... so updateable really means updateable to 3.42 instead of 3.41. Laaame
cry.gif

NOOO, updateable means that one day they will create an update that will be able to run on 3.42 and/or 3.50, and if you have this updateable device, then you will be able to install it, otherwise you'll have to stay at 3.41 for the rest of your life....!!

overslept

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they made an update so that you can jailbreak your 3.50, would you be able to play online? Since it's the latest firmware...

UnitGGChamp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arwing789 said:
If they made an update so that you can jailbreak your 3.50, would you be able to play online? Since it's the latest firmware...

It would be very complex without Sony catching you..With all the firmware updates you would only likely play back ups and homebrew but no online unless you are a pro at programming proxies for PS3..

overslept

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So how do the people who host challenge lobbies on MW2 play online? You have to have a jailbroken PS3 to use the patch, and they play online just fine.

UnitGGChamp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arwing789 said:
So how do the people who host challenge lobbies on MW2 play online? You have to have a jailbroken PS3 to use the patch, and they play online just fine.

beats me..I'm signed up to several homebrew sites and nobody is mentioning online with jailbreak..as it is not possible without 3.50 firmware unless like I said you bypass the firmware updates with a proxy or something of that nature I assume..trust me you won't be able to look up any tutorials just yet..maybe in the near future.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o