Hardware Just got a Vita

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Some say the 2000 feels like a cheap smartphone.

Thats just the thing though. People for some odd reason associate premium quality with the weight of a device. Its like people think the Galaxy S smartphones feel cheap because they are made most of plastic as opposed to an Iphones metallic nature. My Galaxy phone looks as good as new 2 years on. The Vita 2000 is lighter yes but the build quality is totally fine. Its just that for some reason, people think heavier is better.

Reactions: cvskid

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To remain on topic, if you like weeaboo gaems, than the Vita is certainly for you.

The Vita certainly ain;t for everyone but if you like stuff such as Persona, Ys, Danganronpa etc than you'll like it. 2015 looks good for us Vitabros with some tasty looking visual novels coming out.

Reactions: lytro

war2thegrave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ended up with the Sony trifecta, but the Vita gets more use than the PS3 or 4 and I don't even like any of the weeb wank that seems to be so popular on it. Hotline Miami is worth it by itself. While it may be on all three, it controls so smoothly on the vita.
Hotline Miami 2 is coming soon. I'm so hyped!

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The list includes PlayStation store games, which includes the entire PSP library (Which is only 257 games - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:PlayStation_Portable_games ).

I'd wager games made exclusively for Vita amount to less than 100.

Quality > Quantity

Go back to jacking off to how big the wii library is, all the shovelware must make you incredibly happy. The best of the best on the 3DS can't even hold a candle to "decent" titles on the vita.

lytro

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quality > Quantity

Go back to jacking off to how big the wii library is, all the shovelware must make you incredibly happy. The best of the best on the 3DS can't even hold a candle to "decent" titles on the vita.

Implying crappy weaboo games are 'quality', lol. Even Japan doesn't like them, as indicated by the console's sale charts.

Even Sony doesn't care about the handheld, the Vita is dead.

lytro

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Implying crappy weaboo games are 'quality', lol. Even Japan doesn't like them, as indicated by the console's sale charts.

Even Sony doesn't care about the handheld, the Vita is dead.

Or a ignorant little child/hater/nintendofanboy

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, this thread is still going? It's been about a week since I opened my Vita. Started playing danganronpa but best girl Maizono died and I lost interest.

I want to play a dating sim/visual novel/bishoujo game. Any recs?
You must continue. It only gets better

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sell it while you still can. Its a failed system and will be leaving the west by next year. I had a launch model had VHBL had eCFW it sucks and so do the games (but wipeout 2048 is my fav). I sold it 6 months ago hacked with eCFW for $250 which I was very happy about.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't buy a Vita myself, unless I find one for under $50 to tinker with, but if I already had one, I'd hold onto it. It's a fairly impressive handheld on the technical side of things, and there's a couple of games on it that have my interest, despite me not really being into "Anime". Also, the homebrew could be impressive for it, if that ever really blows up.

If nothing else, keeping it pristine in a box will probably go for quite a bit in about 15 years when people start collecting Vita stuff. Even console/handhelds that don't do that well end up being sought after by niche collectors, eventually. If you go that route, make sure you look into proper storage for its battery.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Sell it while you still can. Its a failed system and will be leaving the west by next year. I had a launch model had VHBL had eCFW it sucks and so do the games (but wipeout 2048 is my fav). I sold it 6 months ago hacked with eCFW for $250 which I was very happy about.
The OP has already decided to keep the system and is apparently enjoying it well enough. Just because you don't like the games available doesn't mean they're bad games. I own about 8 games physical (two of which I literally just bought today) and about the same number digital, at least half of them Vita exclusives, and every game plays well and is lots of fun. Yeah, the system probably will bite the dust by next year if things don't start picking up, but the 3DS probably only has a couple viable years left itself before Nintendo is going to start making their next move, so I'd say the Vita has done well enough for Sony to decide to stick it out as long as they have, not completely repeating the mistakes of the PSP. My Vita library is already my largest game library for a non-PC console, so I'd say it's definitely worth it depending on who you are.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

You must've sold your 3DS ages ago too.
It gets less good games than Vita these days (and lets face it, the 'good' vita games blow the best 3DS games out of the water). I undust my 3DS maybe once every 4 months. Helps 95% of the games Nintendo creates aren't worth the hefty pricetag for such minimal game content.

But I mean I guess some people enjoy eating shit while the rest of us fine dine with the vita. Whatever floats your boat.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo