Hacking Just got a 3DS and a DSTwo, what settings should I have on my 3DS?

DJHush

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like the topic says, what settings should I have enabled/disabled before I start using my DSTwo? I'm looking for things that would hopefully prevent the 3DS from getting bricked. How to turn off automatic updates or if there is anything else I should watch out for.

JDawg147

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like the topic says, what settings should I have enabled/disabled before I start using my DSTwo? I'm looking for things that would hopefully prevent the 3DS from getting bricked. How to turn off automatic updates or if there is anything else I should watch out for.
1.The 3DS cannot be bricked
2.Your DSTwo needs to be Firmware 1.17 to work on your 3DS (if your 3DS is fully up to date)
3.Just remember 1 and 2.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3DS won't automatically update, it will only download the update. It won't install it unless you accept it when it asks to update.

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's really no reason not to update the 3ds if you have a dstwo. Only reason to not update is IF a hack for 3ds ever comes out and requires a lower system version. Dstwo gets updates soon after a 3ds update is released, so I always update.
If your dstwo is up to date, you don't have to worry about any settings on the 3ds. It'll run just fine.

muskieratboi

Rydian's got some competition!
Trophies
XP
Country
Code:
if

sysupdate(3ds);

then
checkforum;

if
updateneeded(flashcart)

then

update(flashcart);
update(3ds);

else

update(3ds)

RaphaelDDL

Trophies
Website
raphaelddl.com
XP
Country
Brazil
There's really no reason not to update the 3ds if you have a dstwo. Only reason to not update is IF a hack for 3ds ever comes out and requires a lower system version. Dstwo gets updates soon after a 3ds update is released, so I always update.
If your dstwo is up to date, you don't have to worry about any settings on the 3ds. It'll run just fine.

This. But as suggestion, check supercard forums from time to time, specially when a 3DS update is out. This way you prevent yourself from updating in the same hour the update was released and render DSTWO useless for less than a week.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJewzRHdH8c