Hacking Just bought one o' them there.... Wii U's....

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any standard method of launching an rpl though?

Instead of using a c script for everything? I only know ASM and MATLAB lol. Havent taken C or C++ yet :P

Not at the moment, but it should be fairly easy to get elf-reloading implemented (which is what the homebrew launcher'd use)

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking forward to digging through the documentation once the exploit is released. Sounds like we should have something workable in short order...
I got a replacement wii u after botching my first trying to dump the nand while being really careless lol.

Anyways my new one is in 4.1.0 so it can already run userland code, time for some more collaboration to get the ball rolling?

TeamScriptKiddies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not at the moment, but it should be fairly easy to get elf-reloading implemented (which is what the homebrew launcher'd use)
Couldnt someone write a c script that could launch an rpl? Of course without kernel access and sm4sh or an IOSU exploit, theres no access to external storage, but as a PoC, couldnt the rpl run from "the cloud" too?

So basically write a C script that redirects to another file on the same server (local or public), the file being an RPL?

I know resources would be crippled this way but as a PoC do you think it would work out?

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couldnt someone write a c script that could launch an rpl? Of course without kernel access and sm4sh or an IOSU exploit, theres no access to external storage, but as a PoC, couldnt the rpl run from "the cloud" too?

So basically write a C script that redirects to another file on the same server (local or public), the file being an RPL?

I know resources would be crippled this way but as a PoC do you think it would work out?

Yes, that's what I'm saying. However, it isn't worth using RPX when elf is just as good (and able to be created with existing tools)

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

TeamScriptKiddies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, that's what I'm saying. However, it isn't worth using RPX when elf is just as good (and able to be created with existing tools)
Right, but i thought elfs needed to be converted to rpx for U mode as theres a slightly different header between them? Perhaps im mistaken...

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right, but i thought elfs needed to be converted to rpx for U mode as theres a slightly different header between them? Perhaps im mistaken...

No, you're not making the system actually run them, you're copying the code to where it needs to be in memory and then jumping to it, same as a normal C script.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-