Hacking Just a question...

joex11

Trophies
XP
Country
San Marino
mset would be the system settings downgrade (to 4.5 where you can use the ds profile exploit) and rop is the actual exploit that will launch using this method.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
ROP stands for Return-Oriented Programming. Don't quote me on that, but from what I understand it's basically used in situations where the hacker gained very limited access to the hardware in question. You need to use ROP when you can only execute the code that is already present in RAM, since you have no way to inject your own code. It's "Return-Oriented" because the programmer needs to trigger the code present in RAM so they return the values he wishes for his objective.

MSET is one of the exploits used for gaining access to the 3DS hardware, it only works between firmware 4.1 to 4.5 as far as I know. It's triggered by changing the Nintendo DS Profile values to impossible values, which you do by using a malicious .nds file. Then, when you enter the Nintendo DS Profile it crashes, reads a certain file in your SD card and trigger other exploits to gain Kernel Access.

EDIT: Check Wikipedia for more accurate information about ROP: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Return-oriented_programming

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.