• Views 15,915
  • Replies 194
  • Likes 4

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So apple once again wins in rigged trail, congrats you greedy, selfish fuckwits.

If Samsung is appealing then good on them for not just sitting down and letting crapple walk all over them, lets hope Samsung will continue to actually innovate the smartphone market while leaving crapple behind copying Android features and selling their overpriced rubbish.
They were innovating?

Innovating and improving in all aspects compared to Apple, yes.

Reactions: 2 people

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So apple once again wins in rigged trail, congrats you greedy, selfish fuckwits.

If Samsung is appealing then good on them for not just sitting down and letting crapple walk all over them, lets hope Samsung will continue to actually innovate the smartphone market while leaving crapple behind copying Android features and selling their overpriced rubbish.
They were innovating?
Alot more than crapple.
What's did Samsung do to innovate? I bet S-Voice is a huge innovation and totally not a clone of Siri.
Oh and I bet the icrap is worth its price when you can get the SGS3 for the same price.
Yeah... it is... Because the iCrap is actually going to get updated to the next firmware update.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States

They were innovating?

I agree wholeheartedly. It has been made apparent that iFish is an Apple fanboy.

Reactions: 5 people
D

Deleted User

OP

They were innovating?
Alot more than crapple.
What's did Samsung do to innovate? I bet S-Voice is a huge innovation and totally not a clone of Siri.
Oh and I bet the icrap is worth its price when you can get the SGS3 for the same price.
Yeah... it is... Because the iCrap is actually going to get updated to the next firmware update.
Whoop de doo a new firmware update.
this changes everything
(The hardware in the SG3 overrules iphone 4s any day.)

On a side note:
Sg3 is one of the most innovative phones on the market, they have so many features big and small, it also isn't money scabbing and like most phones has a micro sd card slot >.>

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I really don't get this. It's just sad that there has been ruled in Apple's favor over things like round rectangular designs, bounce-back-effects and slide-to-unlock etc 'patents'. First of all, I do not get how you can get a pattern on shit like that in the first place, second thing is this has been done WAY before Apple even came into the phone market. Truth is, Samsung already had round black rectangular phones and phones also had slide to unlock before that.

It's like Sony taking the SNES controller configuration, slapping two sticks on it and patenting that and then trying to sue Nintendo for damage losses due to similair designs..

But I guess it doesn't matter. Apple will get what is coming to them and it's called Google. Google patented the notification panel and guess what, Apple has that. I wonder where they got that idea from? Anyways, it's just too sad that Apple is such a butthurt company trying to crush any company who has any similairity with their products.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

They were innovating?

I agree wholeheartedly. It has been made apparent that iFish is an Apple fanboy.
I'm not going to say I'm not an Apple fanboy. But I will say that's not why I'm happy. I own a Galaxy Nexus, I like Samsung as a hardware company. My TVs are samsung and home appliances. But I do believe Samsung took a lot of inspiration from Apple. Too much to the point where the software is so similar and fuck, even the charger looks goddamn identical.

Also, I'm a happy Galaxy Nexus owner

Reactions: 1 person

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country

They were innovating?
Alot more than crapple.
Oh yes from features already available on Android since Froyo, oh yes crapple is the king of innovation if innovation means stealing and saying I made it.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

They were innovating?

I'm not going to say I'm not an Apple fanboy. But I will say that's not why I'm happy. I own a Galaxy Nexus, I like Samsung as a hardware company. My TVs are samsung and home appliances. But I do believe Samsung took a lot of inspiration from Apple. Too much to the point where the software is so similar and fuck, even the charger looks goddamn identical.

Honestly, there's no point in even bothering getting into a discussion about this again. Last time this happened you brought up stupid points, at least I think it was you, about chargers and shit. There's a difference between inspiration and blatant copying, Samsung was inspired no more than Sony was inspired to enter the gaming industry.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

They were innovating?
Alot more than crapple.
Oh yes from features already available on Android since Froyo, oh yes crapple is the king of innovation if innovation means stealing and saying I made it.
The only thing I know of that got ripped from Android was Notification Center. But nothing else. And this is an argument between Apple v. Samsung.
Don't turn it into an Apple v Android thing. What has Apple stolen directly from Samsung? Tell me. I'm all ears.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
Samsung did derive inspiration from Apple, yes. Although I'm not sure this is good for innovation in the smartphone industry at whole with basic parts of the UI being patented.

I agree with you on most things but the charger isn't exactly a point to be argued. It's used by a number of companies due to its slim design.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

They were innovating?
Alot more than crapple.
The only thing I know of that got ripped from Android was Notification Center. But nothing else. And this is an argument between Apple v. Samsung.
Don't turn it into an Apple v Android thing. What has Apple stolen directly from Samsung? Tell me. I'm all ears.
Well knowing how the users on here are they are going to say that they just stoled 1.05 billion dollars out of their wallet.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Samsung did derive inspiration from Apple, yes. Although I'm not sure this is good for innovation in the smartphone industry at whole with basic parts of the UI being patented.

I agree with you on most things but the charger isn't exactly a point to be argued. It's used by a number of companies due to its slim design.
Fair enough. The charger part was over board. I still kinda think they could. But you're right it's not a good point.

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
Then you probably didn't pay attention but I guess trying to convince you is hopeless since you plan on defending and putting crapple on the pedestal and saying how Samsung deserves this and other shit like this. I sure hope crapple's reputation is ruined because of this.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I hope Samsung could learn a little bit more about customer care in some 'minor' regions through this case.

By pricing a phone based on HYPE and having horrible customer service is the worst thing you can do, Samsung.

Although this is totally unrelated to this patent case, hopefully this $1b will teach them not about phone design (I like their phone designs), but improving other aspects of their company infrastructure.

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Also, take a look at this. Apple think they are some kind of special snowflake, but they are not.
f700-iphone.jpg

The F700 was first introduced in 2006 and went on sale in early 2007. The iPhone 3, using the allegedly Apple designed style was released on the market in mid 2007, almost 5 months AFTER the Samsung F700.

So yeah, neither their grid system nor design is original. Seriously did the court even do their homework? -_-

Reactions: 3 people

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The F700 was first introduced in 2006 and went on sale in early 2007. The iPhone 3, using the allegedly Apple designed style was released on the market in mid 2007, almost 5 months AFTER the Samsung F700.

So yeah, neither their grid system nor design is original. Seriously did the court even do their homework? -_-
Did you do your own homework before spreading known false information?

http://androidcommunity.com/who-was-really-first-apple-vs-samsung-story-truly-debunked-20110420/

ouch123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Did you do your own homework before spreading known false information?

http://androidcommun...unked-20110420/
Sounds like the article concludes it's ambiguous though, not that it was the other way around, but a good find nonetheless.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A friend give me a $35 cigar, and pssf, just as good as a $5 one. But of course gonna have to tell him it was awesome.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    What makes a good Cuban rum soaked cigar is a nice cosmopolitan to go with it.
    +1
    Used to do that every time I went to Miami on business
    There was this little bar I would stop in have that combo and watch the beach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've never met a girl named cosmopolitan, but cool. And where do you insert the cigar? Mr clinton
    Slightly more than 35 dollars lol but I was making thousands on a job.
    Cosmopolitan is just vodka and cranberry juice lol
    I'm a martini glass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My dental assistant is Cuban I'm gonna have to him for cigars and sandwiches now
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea wish I could get Cubans cheap, they are ridiculous priced up here. But they are hard workers.
    I think I was paying like 75 back in the early 90s
    Rolled on the thighs of virgins if the stories are to be believed
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't think we belive any of your stories
    That's honestly for the best lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd read his autobiography.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "If I may have done it."
    I'm deliberately vague about some of the details sure it's been 30 years but some crimes don't have limitations
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psis sex life is Dubai
    FB-IMG-1717887564361.jpg
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or I picture its like quagmire from family guy, gigity.
    +2
    Back then I was so wasteful with money, didn't bother me to spend 600 bucks in a strip club, some of those private dances though... Lol
    My life back then was a mix of Breaking Bad and John Wick and Dumb and Dumber lol
    +1
    The things we do as kids so lucky to be alive lol
    +1
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Kids put chocolate in their pockets :ninja:
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ulOHdCUXz6s?si=zVb-MdOFLsk-28mk