• Views 15,851
  • Replies 194
  • Likes 4

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
26006436.jpg

EDIT: Companies are getting more childish for every second.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So apple once again wins in rigged trail, congrats you greedy, selfish fuckwits.

If Samsung is appealing then good on them for not just sitting down and letting crapple walk all over them, lets hope Samsung will continue to actually innovate the smartphone market while leaving crapple behind copying Android features and selling their overpriced rubbish.
They were innovating?
Alot more than crapple.
What's did Samsung do to innovate? I bet S-Voice is a huge innovation and totally not a clone of Siri.

Voice control on a mobile phone was first built in on an Android phone in 2010 on Froyo, It didnt apear on an Apple phone until the 4S in 2011, so Apple were not the first ones there either. Samsung just went with the flow on what was already on Android. Neither Android or Apple created it, as its been around for years.

Next Apple "innervation" to be shot down please....

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Voice control on a mobile phone was first built in on an Android phone in 2010 on Froyo, It didnt apear on an Apple phone until the 4S in 2011, so Apple were not the first ones there either. Samsung just went with the flow on what was already on Android. Neither Android or Apple created it, as its been around for years.

Don't wanna burst your bubble, but... Microsoft, 2003, Windows Mobile (CE-Based), Microsoft Voice Command.

http://en.wikipedia....t_Voice_Command

Microsoft Voice Command 1.6 in action:
[yt]FFcqwKrxtO8[/yt]

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Don't wanna burst your bubble, but... Microsoft, 2003, Windows Mobile (CE-Based), Microsoft Voice Command.

http://en.wikipedia....t_Voice_Command

Microsoft Voice Command 1.6 in action:
[yt]FFcqwKrxtO8[/yt]

I said it was around before both Android and Apple, I was replying to the post that said Samsung copied Apple, I said voice control was first buit in on an Android phone in Froyo, then compared it to its first showing on an Apple phone a year later, I didnt say voice control was a first for Android period. I then re-itterated this by saying "Neither Android or Apple created it, as its been around for years".

My bubble remain un-burst :P

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I think its in the way that you are reading it........ :)
IRRELEVANT! :P

In any case, your point and my point is pretty much the same - Apple gets attributed with many inventions they didn't actually invent. Tablets didn't start with the iPad - they started with Tablet PC's. Smartphones didn't start with iOS, they started with WinCE, Symbian, Palm OS etc. The general look of the iPhone wasn't exactly pulled out of a magician's hat - a central-placed joystick has been a theme in mobile devices for years. In the words of the late Steve Jobs, "Good Artists copy, Great Artists steal", which is what Apple has been doing throughout the years successfuly. All of a sudden they feel like pointing fingers at people when they themselves take existing ideas and simply add their own flair to them.

Reactions: 1 person

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think its in the way that you are reading it........ :)
IRRELEVANT! :P

In any case, your point and my point is pretty much the same - Apple gets attributed with many inventions they didn't actually invent. Tablets didn't start with the iPad - they started with Tablet PC's. Smartphones didn't start with iOS, they started with WinCE, Symbian, Palm OS etc. The general look of the iPhone wasn't exactly pulled out of a magician's hat - a central-placed joystick has been a theme in mobile devices for years. In the words of the late Steve Jobs, "Good Artists copy, Great Artists steal", which is what Apple has been doing throughout the years successfuly. All of a sudden they feel like pointing fingers at people when they themselves take existing ideas and simply add their own flair to them.

Read the quotes under this news article, they were some of the best ever on the subject...

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57409917-37/steve-jobs-really-was-mad-about-android-says-biographer/

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Read the quotes under this news article, they were some of the best ever on the subject...

http://news.cnet.com...ays-biographer/
Looks like a fun little article there, I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

As for the headline - d'uh, of course he was "Angry at Android" - it's pretty much the only thing that has the capacity to rival iOS nowadays.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So apple once again wins in rigged trail, congrats you greedy, selfish fuckwits.

If Samsung is appealing then good on them for not just sitting down and letting crapple walk all over them, lets hope Samsung will continue to actually innovate the smartphone market while leaving crapple behind copying Android features and selling their overpriced rubbish.
They were innovating?
Alot more than crapple.
What's did Samsung do to innovate? I bet S-Voice is a huge innovation and totally not a clone of Siri.

But Siri isn't voice control(at least not fully). It's more like, just searching and understanding human dialect. You can't really say "Siri open [application]"
The built-in(to my knowledge) voice control to Android wasn't the same thing. If we're going to say which phone was first, I remember my dad's old BlackBerry had it, too.

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

They were innovating?
Alot more than crapple.

But Siri isn't voice control(at least not fully). It's more like, just searching and understanding human dialect. You can't really say "Siri open [application]"
The built-in(to my knowledge) voice control to Android wasn't the same thing. If we're going to say which phone was first, I remember my dad's old BlackBerry had it, too.

Voice control on mobiles has been around for years, before Android or Apple, I was just replying to the post which compared Samsungs version to Apples, inferring Samsung copied Apple.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Well I'm sure the mods will take care of it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
  • D @ dadadad:
    Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, cuz we swear more than talk normally i guess
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @dadadad I would do like @The Real Jdbye said, they are very wise.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    блядь
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You get your nap today?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With your wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tell that B to bring me home some dinner, when you done with her...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mrs.B is what I call her she said she left you a $10 jack in the box giftcard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh ok, cool thanks, I found it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc...