Hardware Joy-con/ Switch light hard modding

ATofix

Sloth. That's it.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I notice recently on my switch the joy-con feel a bit lose in handheld mode. So I was wondering how hard it would be to replace the joy-con rails? Also due to the joy-con rails being plastic they tendon to get weak over time. How hard would it be to replace the plastic rails on the side of the joy-con with metal ones? Thanks for any help!

Edit: Realized the title made it sound like I was modding a light on the switch. Sorry! :P

Last edited by ATofix,

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
not own a switch..
what part gets loose? the rail in the joycons or in the switch itself?

this is the kind of stuff that nintendo lazyed.. the 3ds is really far from being as sturdy as my gameboy color.. the hinge after some months can barely hold the top (some movements force it to fall down)
i guess it's the trade off from "smaller, slimmer and lightier" that devices nowadays require and the fact they have plenty more parts that get tired with the age..
but the paint in my 3ds "fell down" in some parts, so definitely they make it cheaper...

ATofix

Sloth. That's it.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not own a switch..
what part gets loose? the rail in the joycons or in the switch itself?

this is the kind of stuff that nintendo lazyed.. the 3ds is really far from being as sturdy as my gameboy color.. the hinge after some months can barely hold the top (some movements force it to fall down)
i guess it's the trade off from "smaller, slimmer and lightier" that devices nowadays require and the fact they have plenty more parts that get tired with the age..
but the paint in my 3ds "fell down" in some parts, so definitely they make it cheaper...
Both can grow weak. The rails can bend and so can the plastic joy con ones.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The rails on the Switch itself are reinforced with metal iirc. As for the Joycons... that's where the release button is, so I think they just expect you to exchange them if they break. Design is pretty decent actually, all the major potential failure points are on the replaceable controller (you could just use a Pro controller or maybe get by with one Joycon if you had to) - not on the console itself, which currently cannot be purchased separately and has all your saves and downloaded games tied to it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.acepcs.com/products/wizbox-g-mini-pc-amd-r7-7735hs lol wizbox