• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Joe Biden Wins - Becomes 46th president of the United States

• Thread starter yusuo
  • Start date
  • Views 435,120
  • Replies 7,444
  • Likes 45
Status
Not open for further replies.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
So you threw a hissy fit because you were sloppy with your pronoun usage?

Well, at least you are getting closer to answering my question:

I find your "concern" to be scoff-worthy because it's a contradiction. You are accusing me of doing something. But the only way you can make an accusation is by doing the same thing.

You are bad at reading.

My pronoun usage was consistent. Lol.

Last edited by tabzer, , Reason: smart-phone issues somehow made it unreadable?

kingaz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find your "concern" to be scoff-worthy because it a contradiction. You are acusing me of doing something. But the only way you can make an accusation is by doing the same thing.

You are bad at reading.

Given how you forgot a verb (it is a contradiction) and misspelled "accused," I think that the more obvious explanation here is that you are bad at writing.

Also, given how I am accusing (remember, two c's) you of quoting someone out of context and throwing a hissy fit because you write poorly, please point out where I did either of those things.

I'll wait.

My pronoun usage was consistent. Lol.

Your pronoun (it) had multiple antecedents (the two different quotes). That is not proper pronoun usage.

Last edited by kingaz,
Reactions: tabzer

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
please point out where I did either of those things.

*You are saying that I removed meaning, and made @AmandaRose 's quote appear to be genuinely against healthcare. But I used part of her quote as a sarcastic response implying taxes don't matter when considering the notion of everything being %100 absolutely free. Nobody who was apart of the conversation would think, at any point, that Amanda is against universal healthcare.

There was only one subject of contention. Why do you think I care about what you thought about SilentGunner's argument? Are you intentionally being obtuse?

Last edited by tabzer, , Reason: writing errors

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are saying that I removed meaning, and made @AmandaRose 's quote appear to be genuinely against healthcare. But I used part of her quote as a sarcastic response implying taxes don't matter when considering the notion of everything being %100 absolutely free. Nobody who was apart of the conversation would think, at any point, that Amanda is against universal healthcare.

There was only one subject of contention. Why do you think I care about what you thought about SilentGunner's argument? Are you intentionally being obtuse?
you really seem to have a personal Vendetta for AmandaRose... LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE HAS A CRUSH...

kingaz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are saying that I removed meaning, and made @AmandaRose 's quote appear to genuinely against healthcare. But I used part of her quote as a sarcastic response implying taxes don't matter when considering the notion of everything being %100 absolutely free. Nobody who was apart of the conversation would think that, at any point, that Amanda is against universal healthcare.

Given that we have established that you are a sloppy writer, how on earth could I (or anyone else) divine what you wanted from me, let alone what your overall point was?

You are the only one who could figure out that you were making some sarcastic non-sequitur point about taxes when using AmandaRose's quote, because you are the only one who knows your own thoughts and intentions. So unless you're deliberately trying to communicate in ciphers, you may want to actually take the time to explain yourself instead of calling other people cowards and generally coming off as an obnoxious fool.

Last edited by kingaz,

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You are the only one who could figure out that you were making some sarcastic non-sequitur point about taxes when using AmandaRose's quote

No. It only required looking at the context of how it was used. That made the nature of your contention (and Amanda's), ironic.

kingaz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. It only required looking at the context of how it was used. That made the nature of your contention (and Amanda's), ironic.

If you can't even bother giving pronouns a singular antecedent, how on earth are you going to manage the comparatively complex task of properly contextualizing your statements?

You're not fooling anyone.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
If you can't even bother giving pronouns a singular antecedent, how on earth are you going to manage the comparatively complex task of properly contextualizing your statements?

You're not fooling anyone.

The context was there. You just ignored it to accuse me of doing the same thing. But yeah, you can make the argument about my sloppy writing. Strawman is a backup option, it would appear.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The context wasn't there. You left it out of your post. That's the whole point.
The context was the ongoing conversation. The only way you are able to interpret the quote to read amanda to suggest that she was against universal healthcare is if you read that one line, all by itself, in its own vacuum. Even then, it appears as a contradiction by itself and cannot be read as a conclusive statement. You ignored what it was posted in response to. The way you mean there was no context is a misdirection, ignoring the context that the quote was applied.

Last edited by tabzer,

kingaz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think he knows how to troll properly yet... but don't be too hard on him.. He's trying ..

If we don't teach him, how will he learn?

Granted, he has yet to demonstrate the capacity to learn, but I try to be an optimist.

The context was the ongoing conversation. The only way you are able to interpret the quote to read amanda to suggest that she was against universal healthcare is if you read that one line, all by itself, in its own vacuum. Even then, it appears as a contradiction by itself and cannot be read as a conclusive statement. You ignored what it was posted in response to. The way you mean there was no context is a misdirection, ignoring the context that the quote was applied.

Given how a participant in this conversation called you out for quoting out of context, this argument fails to be even slightly convincing. Much like the arguments of Trump's legal team in contesting the election.

Last edited by kingaz,

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Given how a participant in this conversation called you out for quoting out of context, this argument fails to be even slightly convincing. Much like the arguments of Trump's legal team in contesting the election.

So Amandrose believes that she was speaking against universal healthcare? Or she believes that I am trying to convince silentgunner she is against universal healthcare? She too, ignored the context of how it was applied.

She wasn't genuinely concerned either way. Just looking for reasons to be upset about nothing.

kingaz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So Amandrose believes that she was speaking against universal healthcare? Or she believes that I am trying to convince silentgunner she is against universal healthcare? She too, ignored the context of how it was applied.

She wasn't genuinely concerned either way. Just looking for reasons to be upset about nothing.

AmandaRose quite clearly communicated that you were misquoting her to make it look like she was against universal healthcare.

So when you are upset about something, other people should be able to read your intentions (in spite of your sloppy writing), but when other people express that they object to what you say, they are "upset over nothing?"

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

...ok I apologized to everyone.. I wanted to give him a chance on Trolling but damn.. this is sad..

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
AmandaRose quite clearly communicated that you were misquoting her to make it look like she was against universal healthcare.

Which is dumb because she didn't look at the context. Again, it's ironic that she couldn't bother. (/s)

So when you are upset

I don't come here because I'm upset, lol.

I will concede that I sometimes write sloppily for a variety of reasons, but there has been no miscommunication.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok