• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Bernie Sanders Endorses Joe Biden For President

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I was talking about the labels you attach to yourself, as you're fully, fully aware.
You were talking, that's for sure. I don't think you're an authority on the labels I attach to myself, or any other labels, considering the fact that you describe Chomsky as a moderate when he would probably be mildly offended if you called him that to his face. None of his political stances are moderate, and they're not intended to be moderate - even he himself considers them revolutionary. Mine are similar in one sense and diametrically opposed in another - we both oppose the authoritarian state, the difference being that he puts emphasis on the power of the collective whereas I focus on the freedom of the individual. Similar, yet different. Of course I know that you have a different opinion regarding my beliefs, you've expressed that already, but what you believe is none of my business and doesn't particularly interest me.

Waygeek

Trophies
XP
You were talking, that's for sure.

Deflection, deflection, deflection; it's all you do. Clearly afraid of something.

I don't think you're an authority on the labels I attach to myself, or any other labels

Stop deflecting.

considering the fact that you describe Chomsky as a moderate when he would probably be mildly offended if you called him that to his face. None of his political stances are moderate, and they're not intended to be moderate - even he himself considers them revolutionary. Mine are similar in one sense and diametrically opposed in another - we both oppose the authoritarian state, the difference being that he puts emphasis on the power of the collective whereas I focus on the freedom of the individual. Similar, yet different. Of course I know that you have a different opinion regarding my beliefs, you've expressed that already, but what you believe is none of my business and doesn't particularly interest me.

Deflecting with poor Noam? Revolutions don't have to be bloody. He absolutely is a very moderate individual. https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=moderate+definition He is very, very measured. Being moderate doesn't mean one sits on ones hands, it means that balanced though occurs in ones brain. I really wouldn't compare the two of you at all if I was you.

Similar, yet different.

You're the second alt-righter on this board to say that to me in the space of two days. This the new catchphrase?

Last edited by Waygeek,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Waygeek: There is no such think as 'triggery' (looked it up in websters.. ;) ). And if you are finished destroying the other side through personal bickering, then what? You have the stage all to yourself and are proven right in your (mostly) political opinion, you always knew was right from the beginning?

How does that work exactly?

That you get a bit of the other sides position as well is part of the 'charm' of this forum (in my mind). ;) Try to get something out of it, and dont just try to turn it off.. ;)

Last edited by notimp,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
But you're not right in the head... we established that a while ago, didn't a mod say you had a complete fucking meltdown? Yeah, I remember that.
No, you wanted to establish that, there was no 'we' ;).

To win an argument.

Then you searched for other people to fall into that argument, or to back you up. You found a moderator to do that. For some puzzling reason.

That you are now pulling up as a character whitness at will - on an entirely different argument, just so you dont have to touch the rest of a now entirely separate argument. Where you tried to pull off your 'I'm right, because the other side is mentally ill (emotionally driven, triggered for no reason, as a character trait)' trick, on an entirely different person.

You only ever win, by making other people break, by calling them mentally ill and deranged over and over again, You double down on that. You just trippled down on that in another thread, this is the fourth time you are doing it.

Maybe I had a mealtdown after being berated for my opinions, by yourself - only ever coming back at me, by attacking my character, and no factual argument ever, for three consecutive pages in a different thread. Maybe not and the whole thing was just a misunderstanding.

But whats unmistakingly true at this point is, that you now use that reputation figure (moderator), to end another argument by reducing someone to be a mentally ill person, who in your view cant make any argument or point on anything ever again.

And using a character witness helps you on your mission ('hes seen it, it is established, by a reputation figure!'). But it doesnt have anything to do with any of the arguments made - in here. Nor did it the last three times you tried to win an exchange by calling someone mentally ill.

If in your mind I'm just mentally ill, in everything I say and will ever say from now on (four times banking on that in a row is a trend... ;) ) ever in this forum, then why do I have to be not just mentally ill, but also wrong in everything I say at the same time?

If I'm mentally ill, treat me with compassion. :) Or ignore me. But dont try to bring it up always trying to establish, that you have to be right - because obviously - the person you are arguing against is mentally ill.

Thats abusive.. Mr. I work with homeless people, so the world understands, that I'm a good person, and can do no wrong.. ;)

Last edited by notimp,

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
No, you wanted to establish that, there was no 'we' ;).

To win an argument.

Then you searched for other people to fall into that argument, or to back you up. You found a moderator to do that. For some puzzling reason.

That you are now pulling up as a character whitness at will - on an entirely different argument, just so you dont have to touch the rest of a now entirely separate argument. Where you tried to pull off your 'I'm right, because the other side is mentally ill (emotionally driven, triggered for no reason, as a character trait)' trick, on an entirely different person.

You only ever win, by making other people break, by calling them mentally ill and deranged over and over again, You double down on that. You just trippled down on that in another thread, this is the fourth time you are doing it.

Maybe I had a mealtdown after being berated for my opinions, by yourself - only ever coming back at me, by attacking my character, and no factual argument ever, for three consecutive pages in a different thread. Maybe not and the whole thing was just a misunderstanding.

But whats unmistakingly true at this point is, that you now use that reputation figure (moderator), to end another argument by reducing someone to be a mentally ill person, who in your view cant make any argument or point on anything ever again.

And using a character witness helps you on your mission ('hes seen it, it is established, by a reputation figure!'). But it doesnt have anything to do with any of the arguments made - in here. Nor did it the last three times you tried to win an exchange by calling someone mentally ill.

If in your mind I'm just mentally ill, in everything I say and will ever say from now on (four times banking on that in a row is a trend... ;) ) ever in this forum, then why do I have to be not just mentally ill, but also wrong in everything I say at the same time?

If I'm mentally ill, treat me with compassion. :) Or ignore me. But dont try to bring it up always trying to establish, that you have to be right - because obviously - the person you are arguing against is mentally ill.

Thats abusive.. Mr. I work with homeless people, so the world understands, that I'm a good person, and can do no wrong.. ;)
Excuse me? :lol:

The puzzling reason was that you did spill spaghetti on that thread in a long multi-post because he did upset you to the point of losing composure - I merely reminded you to recover. Don't rope me into your argument, I already gave you my piece of mind. He's obviously not interested in debating with you, he's interested in berating you, so I don't quite understand why you're feeding him.

In any case, if this thread devolves into another mud slinging contest, as the one I just closed did, you can rest assured that action will be taken.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
No, he roped you in. And is using you now. He is not dumb.

I never said you were on my side on this. ;)

Mental breakdown (even though not a scientific term (means exactly nothing)), as an argument is ok. (After three pages of constant personal abuse, but I was attacking his character as well - so I wasnt just the victim here.) I can deal with that.

What I can not let stand, is that that person is now using you as an authority figure - to signal that everything I have to say - even in an unrelated argument, while not attacking them personally, is mental illness from here on out.

You backed a person that tried to win an argument, by ostracizing another person by declaring them mentally ill. And now that person is pulling a you as an authority figure card - when its convenient.

Thats all I'm saying. Not that you were on my side, or his.

Last edited by notimp,

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
No, he roped you in. And is using you now. He is not dumb.

I never said you were on my side on this. ;)

Mental breakdown (even though not a scientific term (means exactly nothing)), as an argument is ok. (After three pages of constant personal abuse, but I was attacking his character as well - so I wasnt just the victim here.) I can deal with that.

What I can not let stand, is that that person is now using you as an authority figure - to signal that everything I have to say - even in an unrelated argument, while not attacking the person is mental illness.

You backed a person that tried to win an argument, by ostracizing another person by declaring them mentally ill. And now that person is pulling you as an authority figure card - when its convenient.

Thats all I'm saying. Not that you were on my side, or his.
There's a report button under each post, y'know. If you feel personally attacked and someone is trying to get a rise out of you, consider using it instead of arguing with a wall.

Reactions: notimp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1