• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Joe Biden Wins - Becomes 46th president of the United States

• Thread starter yusuo
  • Start date
  • Views 439,083
  • Replies 7,444
  • Likes 45
Status
Not open for further replies.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Unfortunately, being threatened with legal accusations is a *convincing* tactic of the disingenuous people we engage here. You should be proud on a personal level and not expect acknowledgement from those whose hands are coerced.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would appreciate it very much if explicit photos of Hunter Biden's sexcapades weren't posted on this website.

I'm not convinced.

Don´t ask me for sources or peer-reviewed studies. :)

I'm not willing to discuss anything unless you have evidence, because I didn't really pay any attention to the BLM marches.

Reactions: IncredulousP

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I dont expect any favours, I expect to be treated equally. That's my own silly fault though.
If you want to discuss the Smollett situation, you can do it in a dedicated thread - in fact, I vaguely remember there already was one. I don't have a problem with the subject matter, I have a problem with its relevance in regards to the election. If you don't understand that, it's not my job to *make you* understand, my job is to keep this thread clean and on-topic, and I intend to continue doing just that. When a post is removed and you choose to drag the subject on, you do it at your own peril. I've shown an exceedingly high degree of tolerance, to both sides, but I strongly advise not to test its limits.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Yeah, it's all pretty arbitrary. Hopefully those who witness can see your intention, and those who are set against you, wouldn't be moved anyway.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Can't save everyone - his choice, not mine.
It's hard for me not to consider both of your perspectives. I don't blame either of you for being pitted against each other. I blame politics.

But you are mod. So you are *right*.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Republican Arnold Schwarzenegger just called Donald Trump 'the worst President ever' in powerful statement posted on Instagram

Arnie said: “As an immigrant to this country, I would like to say a few words to my fellow Americans, and to our friends around the world about the events of recent days."

“I grew up in Austria, he began. “I’m very aware of Kristallnacht, or the Night of Broken Glass.

“It was night of rampage against the Jews carried out in 1938 by the Nazi equivalent of the Proud Boys.

“Wednesday was the Day of Broken Glass right here in the United States.

“The broken glass was in the windows of the United States Capitol.

“But the mob did not just shatter the windows of the Capitol, they shattered the ideas we took for granted.

“They did not just break down the doors of the building that housed American democracy; they trampled the very principles on which our country was founded.”

After renouncing the riots, The Terminator star went on to talk about his own upbringing in Austria in the years immediately after WW2 ended.

“I grew up in the ruins of a country that suffered the loss of its democracy.

“I was born in 1947, two years after the Second World War. Growing up, I was surrounded by broken men drinking away the guilt over their participation in the most evil regime in history.

“Not all of them were rabid anti-Semites or Nazis, many just went along, step-by-step, down the road.

“They were the people next-door.”

He explained how his father and neighbours were troubled by what they saw and did in the war and how the same powers which saw them turn a blind eye to the holocaust were in office in the US today.

He went on: “It all stared with lies, and lies, and lies and intolerance. Being from Europe I have seen firsthand how things can spin out of control.

“I know there is a fear in this country and all over the world that something like this could happen right here.

“Now, I do not believe it is, but I do believe that we must be aware of the dire consequences of selfishness and cynicism.

“President Trump sought to overturn the results of an election and of a fair election.

“He sought a coup by misleading people with lies. My father and our neighbours were also mislead with lies, and I know where such lies lead.

“President Trump is a failed leader. He will go down in history as the worst president ever.

“The good thing is he will soon be as irrelevant as an old tweet,” he said of the disgraced president.

“But what are we to make of those elected officials who have enabled his lies and his treachery?

“I will remind them of what Teddy Roosevelt said, ‘Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.’

“A number of members of my own party, because of their own spinelessness will never see their names in such a book, I guarantee you.

“They’re complicit with this who carried the flag of self-righteous insurrection into the Capitol. But it did not work. Our democracy held firm.”

He then pledged his support for President-Elect Biden and called for unity as America enters its next chapter.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sure hope trump has the 25th involked on him i'd hate for a round 2 of trump 2024 (pretty sure he'll invite the russians north koreans etc to topple the governement next time,though i doubt that will occur because of one key factor he has a lot of inditements mostly felonies and as you might know having even one felonious conviction axes your political career

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I sure hope trump has the 25th involked on him i'd hate for a round 2 of trump 2024 (pretty sure he'll invite the russians north koreans etc to topple the governement next time,though i doubt that will occur because of one key factor he has a lot of inditements mostly felonies and as you might know having even one felonious conviction axes your political career
This is incorrect. So far Donald Trump has zero indictments or criminal convictions. It's entirely possible that he might face some trumped up charges after January 20th, but I wouldn't hold my breath if you're counting on seeing him wearing orange besides his skin.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I sure hope trump has the 25th involked on him i'd hate for a round 2 of trump 2024
I still think he'll be dead or a potato by then, but even if things don't shake out that way, allowing him to run again would tear the GOP apart. So if they want to lose every election for roughly the next fifty years, I say go for it. Only time will tell if the party's leadership is really that stupid.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
really wanna bet? @Foxi4 if he doesnn't i'll remove my acconut (frankly the thought crossed my mind with the toxic) nature now if he gets charged with anything within a week of especially a felony of hsi leaving the WH you will admit your wrong and hopefully see the evil trump is and the danger he poses (that light compaired to the want of your mod privileges removed but i feel thats a little harsh on my end

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
really wanna bet? @Foxi4 if he doesnn't i'll remove my acconut (frankly the thought crossed my mind with the toxic) nature now if he gets charged with anything within a week of especially a felony of hsi leaving the WH you will admit your wrong and hopefully see the evil trump is and the danger he poses (that light compaired to the want of your mod privileges removed but i feel thats a little harsh on my end
I at least partially agree with you (about Trump getting his ass handed to him, not about Foxi getting demoted) but oh my god I had around three separate strokes trying to read that
and even after I deciphered what it meant, jeez that's more than a little harsh (about Foxi, not Trump- there isn't really all that much that'd be too harsh for Trump to deserve at this point)
all that's really happened in terms of posts getting deleted and whatnot amounts to people blatantly breaking rules or behaving poorly and suddenly going all surprised pikachu face when they suffer the consequences they had literally just been reminded about

That would be his skin. Which is a beautiful shade of orange.

Stop ruining my jokes. :gun:
IIRC it's the result of a really overdone and/or poorly done machine-bronzing or something along those lines
Might not allow for heho orange skin man funi jokes, but bronzing jokes do pair nicely with the jokes about wanting the rioters to spray themselves gold!

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as i said i agree demotion is too harsh all I want is a "you were right all along"

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

maybe i should put all of you Trumpkins in this too

@SG854,Morivan,Ultrasupera I'm talking to you three in general

but i had a few things in mind like separate rules and more scrutiny in this toxic cestpool of a sub forum

'll stop for now

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is incorrect. So far Donald Trump has zero indictments or criminal convictions. It's entirely possible that he might face some trumped up charges after January 20th, but I wouldn't hold my breath if you're counting on seeing him wearing orange besides his skin.
No public indictment... but little birdies state he has sealed indictment waiting for 1/20
The Sealed Indictment: How Trump Could Be Secretly Charged
And before people say it’s made up .... the charges that sealed indictment would stem from is
The final chapter: Judge's ruling that Donald Trump must pay $2 million to charities ends troubled foundation's saga

Last edited by djpannda,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :wacko: