JGecko U Setup Guide

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by BullyWiiPlaza, May 12, 2016.

1. TheWord21

TheWord21 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 8, 2014
    United States
    And for clarity, are these correct files the "Homebrew Launcher", "TCP Gecko Installer", and "JGecko" from the top post? If so, I already did that and I'm still running into the same problem.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Just tried it again, same error message as before.

2. BlueCrimsonX

BlueCrimsonX GBAtemp Regular

Aug 4, 2013
    United States
    U.S.A in Kyoto
    I can't even connect... It's permanatly greyed out! I follow instructions, I downloaded the gecko updater, useed the latest that is generated and look it wont even come undone!

Attached Files:

3. BullyWiiPlaza
    OP

BullyWiiPlaza Nintendo Hacking <3

Aug 2, 2014
    Germany
    You need to wait till the Titles.xml is downloaded (which requires Internet access).

4. BlueCrimsonX

Aug 4, 2013
    United States
    U.S.A in Kyoto
    When I try to update the game tites this happens

Attached Files:

5. BullyWiiPlaza
    OP

Aug 2, 2014
    Germany
    This only works when it finished the original download which usually takes 1 - 2 seconds so I don't know what people are doing. Fix your Internet. I have just been working on this problem and there is nothing majorly wrong like that. It works for me and at least most others.

SlothWiiPlaza likes this.
  6. Gtfo

Gtfo Member

Newcomer
    Mar 21, 2010
    Trying to get this to work on my hacked 5.5.2 Wii U. I have Haxchi installed with the coldboot and can access HB via an installed channel launcher. Do I still have to go through wj44?

When I run the tcpgecko installer, do I press A or X?

I boot up the game, connect using jgecko u and then the game freezes.

Grabbed all the relevant files using the Updater.

7. TheWord21

Jun 8, 2014
    United States
    Okay, so I've decided to try it again today, got a Titles.xml, but now I've run into a new problem: the Wii U crashes after connecting to JGecko. Updating said .xml doesn't do any good since it'll just hang there even though the process should take seconds. Something's wrong with my internet, but I have no idea what that is. I've even tried factory-resetting my broadband.

8. BlueCrimsonX

Aug 4, 2013
    United States
    U.S.A in Kyoto
    can i get that copy of the titles?

9. BullyWiiPlaza
    OP

Aug 2, 2014
    Germany
    Attached. Copy this unzipped Titles.xml into the same directory as JGecko U.jar and it will be loaded directly without Internet so it can't fail.

Attached Files:

10. tastymeatball

tastymeatball Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2016
    Germany
    This seems to be a problem with the latest JGecko version. As soon as you connect the console freezes. And to make it even more worse it also screws up the the code file of the current connected game. Good thing I had a backup of an old JGecko version

BullyWiiPlaza likes this.
  11. TheWord21

Jun 8, 2014
    United States
    Ah, I see. Appreciate the info.

12. softstar

softstar Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2006
    Belgium
    Hi guys,
    i have a problem, my wiiu is 5.5.1 EUR, i use latest versions of tcpgecko (wiiu side) and jgeckou (pc side), i launch haxchi , i launch tcpgecko installer, then i launch the game (zelda botw 1.4 + dlc) , then i try to connect with jgeckou, and instantly my wiiu freeze and i must power it off.
    thanx in advance for your help
    cheers ;)

13. TheWord21

Jun 8, 2014
    United States

14. softstar

softstar Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2006
    Belgium
    Thanx for the info mate,
    Do you know where I could find this old working version of jgecko ?
    Thanx in advance for your help ;)

15. TheWord21

Jun 8, 2014
    United States
    Ahh, I'm afraid I can't help you there.

16. BullyWiiPlaza
    OP

Aug 2, 2014
    Germany
    So sorry, it's fixed now. :(

You should still have the archive.zip with code list backups so you should have lost nothing.

Last edited by BullyWiiPlaza, Dec 18, 2017
    tastymeatball likes this.
  17. softstar

softstar Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2006
    Belgium
    Thanx a lot @BullyWiiPlaza , it works perfectly now with your new jgeckou version
    ;)

18. EvilGoku

EvilGoku Member

Newcomer
    Aug 1, 2013
  19. dgamer1234

dgamer1234 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 22, 2017
    United States
    Hi I'm using 5.5.2 CBHC and I'm trying to RAM poke in JGeckoU on COD BO2; I'm running the homebrew launcher with the latest TCPGecko and JGecko U but upon connecting it freezes the game; It shows a socket error when I try to switch to the other tabs and I can see that it identified the game but other than that the freezing still happens.

20. .44 Magnum

.44 Magnum GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2010
    United States
    @BullyWiiPlaza I just wanted to say great work! I've been using JGecko U for a while now and it's freaking awesome. I do have a question though. I'm using the latest version of JGecko U and TCP Gecko and everything is working great for me as far as codes go, I can connect to my Wii U just fine, send codes, do searches, etc., but when I try to update game titles it never actually finishes. The button displays "updating..." but stays grayed out. I've tried several times and let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes each time, but it just stays like that. I have a few older versions of JGecko U and they all update game titles just fine, so I figured I'd run it past you and get your thoughts on the matter.

Thank you for all the continued support on this project, it's greatly appreciated!