Hacking JGecko U Setup Guide

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everytime I send a code, it freezes the software. I'm trying to get Epona in BOTW. After I connect, it kinda feezes anything I click on. Can someone help me out please.
The same thing is happening here, except with an unlock-everything code in MK8.

acidmango

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Aye, JGecko U always freezes for me after I connect and try to use any of the functions, or sometimes just switching tabs. TCPGecko Net still works though, so yay to that.

acidmango

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does making searches work on tcpgecko .net?
Aye the search works in TCPGeckoNet for me.

If you followed the setup guide properly this probably wouldn't happen
[strike]I don't know where I could have flubbed it? Pop TCPGecko + codehandler onto the WiiU SD card, start homebrew launcher, launch TCPGecko with code handler, launch game, connect with JGecko U?[/strike] I know where I flubbed it now.

I will try re-downloading tcpgecko. Maybe im using a deprecated version.

Derp, or maybe I need to use the other TCPGecko located on the following Homebrew Launcher page. =/

Last edited by acidmango,

CuriousTommy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologize for the really dumb question, but is it possible to poke a value from the search results? I tried right clicking and it does not seem like there are any options.

nativesprague

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally fixed the problem with my JGecko U file. It was simply due to the location of the actual JGecko U file on my computer it seems, which is kinda weird. It NEEDS to be in my User's default Downloads folder for it to work properly - if I move it anywhere else it'll spit those errors back out at me, even if it's on the same drive. Also, this isn't a problem with my firewall and/or antivirus, as I've already added exceptions.

Whether or not I get the JGecko U file manually or just get it from running the Gecko U Updater, moving the file to "C:/Users/<Username>/Downloads" makes it work. Is there any explanation to this?

HackingNewbie

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Aye the search works in TCPGeckoNet for me.

[strike]I don't know where I could have flubbed it? Pop TCPGecko + codehandler onto the WiiU SD card, start homebrew launcher, launch TCPGecko with code handler, launch game, connect with JGecko U?[/strike] I know where I flubbed it now.

I will try re-downloading tcpgecko. Maybe im using a deprecated version.

Derp, or maybe I need to use the other TCPGecko located on the following Homebrew Launcher page. =/
You need to use the tcpgecko.elf from the top post.

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Finally fixed the problem with my JGecko U file. It was simply due to the location of the actual JGecko U file on my computer it seems, which is kinda weird. It NEEDS to be in my User's default Downloads folder for it to work properly - if I move it anywhere else it'll spit those errors back out at me, even if it's on the same drive. Also, this isn't a problem with my firewall and/or antivirus, as I've already added exceptions.

Whether or not I get the JGecko U file manually or just get it from running the Gecko U Updater, moving the file to "C:/Users/<Username>/Downloads" makes it work. Is there any explanation to this?
This is complete nonsense, where do people get this from? Nobody runs it only from the downloads folder
I apologize for the really dumb question, but is it possible to poke a value from the search results? I tried right clicking and it does not seem like there are any options.
There is poke as rightclick context menu option(s)

Last edited by BullyWiiPlaza,

BadDust80131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try to connect to jgecko u it does not work. I even tried entering my wii u's ip address manually but it does not work. Help.

Lenggao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had it working yesterday but JGecko U can't connect to my Wii U today, is it because of my own connection, the Wii U itself since it's not able to connect to it, it can't be the program? Or did Nintendo lowkey patch it up haha.
I'm running it through step by step right, so I'm at a lost for what was wrong.

Last edited by Lenggao,

TudorBlue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Had it working yesterday but JGecko U can't connect to my Wii U today, is it because of my own connection, the Wii U itself since it's not able to connect to it, it can't be the program? Or did Nintendo lowkey patch it up haha.
I was having the same problem, only way I found my Wii u up was to go into my router itself and go through the wlan devices. Noticed one device was unknown. I entered the IP into jgecko and it connected right away. You could try advanced IP scanner if you want but if the IP doesn't work, look for unknown devices and try that

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

jbuck1975

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ip address will change ever so often. Unless you go into router and fix your wii u.
I set my wii u up on the same ip and it never changes now

Reactions: Lenggao

TudorBlue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I had the same issue but found an unknown device in my Wi-Fi settings. I tried it and it connected right away

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Lenggao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did all that brother, it seems the IP stay the same, I'll keep trying to find a solution.
Thank you brother.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1