Japanese N64 on PAL TV?

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Looking to pick up a new 64 for modding. I found a Japanese console for a really nice price and I was wondering the following:
What else will I need to get it working?
Going to get a HDMI mod for it, will that affect anything?
Will an Everdrive V3 work on it?
It comes with a transfer pack, are those region free? So if I use my Pokemon Silver in Pokemon Stadium 2 will it play it or not?
Edit: Forgot to add; is the expansion pack region free or will I need to get a Japanese one?

Thank you very much for reading.

Last edited by Kourin,

BeniBel

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
- Get a stepdown converter for the power supply, should your country use another voltage than Japan.
- HDMI mod should not affect anything.
- The console should also work on most pal tv's (depending on how old your tv is)
- Everdrive 3 will work with it, no problem.
- Transfer packs are region free, same as memory cards, controllers and the expension pack. However, make sure your silver game is the same region as pokemon stadium 2, else it will not work.
- Jap consoles will only play NTSC games, not Pal
- Extra note, you can mod an Jap console to play US games, you just have to remove a piece of plastic.

Edit: Hardware that is not region free, is the Voice Unit used by Hey You Pikachu!

Last edited by BeniBel,
Reactions: Kourin

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks-
I read after posting this that a PAL power supply can work on a Japanese system which I have - since I'm replacing the console. Do you know if this is true?
Since I'm getting the HDMI mod I'm planning on plugging it into my HDTV, that won't affect anything right?

BeniBel

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I can confirm this is true, I'm doing it myself.
The only thing the HDMI mod should affect, is that the picture will be way better ;)! Other than that, it shouldn't affect anything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: rule 63 went too far nowadays