Inpression

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GeekyGuy said:
DarkStriker said:
Fragile Dreams anyone? I like... bought it right away....

An appropriate name for that game, in more ways than one. It's like an injured bird. You can't help but take it home, care for it and love it, but it's still extremely painful watching it inevitably die.

Outside of Hotel Dusk, Fragile Dreams was, I believe, the only other game to elicit tears from me. It was incredibly deep and moving. That being said, the gameplay was incredibly broken and frustrating. There is so much they almost did right, and that made it even more frustrating. Essentially, the camera and combat suck a lot of the enjoyment out of that game. It's still worth playing through, though. Like I said, the game name is very appropriate...

Hotel Dusk, Fragile Dreams and Blade Runner (PC) are my top 3 games of all time in terms of story. The main story in Fragile Dreams is probably not as fleshed out as in the other 2, but the side stories were incredibly moving and believable, made me shed a few tears too, and, even though the combat gameplay is overly simplistic, it still got me motivated enough to search for every artefact.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Earth Seeker http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qyexwkbbz04
Not out yet in Japan, I think it has high chances of getting localized, at least XSeed has an eye on it
wink.gif
, the game is being developed by Craft & Meister, ex-Capcom people.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
powerking56 said:
Does anybody know how far the ToG translation has gotten?? And also The Last Story seems amazing. Check it out, although it doesnt come out till Jan 2011 in Japan... *Sigh*

www.talesofgraces.com

Watch in agony as the percents slowly creep up.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ato Puro said:
ToS has a waaaayyy too simple story, IMO. "Good" Emil's voice sounds like a baby who's about to cry (if you got 1 XP for everytime he sighs, you'd be at lvl99 before leaving the first city). But the Pet System and Combat gameplay is great enough to keep you pushing A during dialog/cutscenes. You can even replay it (hard/hell mode with 10x XP) and get those lvl200 pets strong enough withouth spending hours at the Battle Arena. I haven't played any other RPG since ToS (due to illness, been away from video games for a long time), so I'll comment only on this one. Next year, Wii should have some great RPGs, as other people have already pointed out. If you've played all Wii RPG games in English, then look for something on the PC. I don't know, replay Baldur's Gate 2, Neverwinter Nights, Last Remnant, "the basic stuff"...

EDIT: By the way, I know this is a Wii RPG thread, but being a RPG lover as well, I'd like if anyone could send me a MP with a list of some good PC RPG games released after May 2009 (that's when I got sick) or refer me to a page with one. I still can't play anything for more than 30min, but I can get such games as "Xmas gifts for myself" and play them later on, when I get better.

About emil, If you played the game you'de know the wimpy voice is part of the story. But I agree, still anoying.

As for another action RPG, Final Fantasy: The crystal bearers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVoLluAilTQ&feature=fvw

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious, didn't anyone actually enjoy Valhalla Knights? That game scored so low. I was thinking about checking out, but man, a 2.5 from Gamespot?! Ouch!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GeekyGuy said:
Just curious, didn't anyone actually enjoy Valhalla Knights? That game scored so low. I was thinking about checking out, but man, a 2.5 from Gamespot?! Ouch!

It's not THAT bad. Audio is absolutely terrible along with graphics but it controls decently and made for a decent Monster Hunter pseudoclone. Although really there's not too much reason to play it with Monster Hunter 3 out.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Guild McCommunist said:
GeekyGuy said:

It's not THAT bad. Audio is absolutely terrible along with graphics but it controls decently and made for a decent Monster Hunter pseudoclone. Although really there's not too much reason to play it with Monster Hunter 3 out.
But Monster Hunter is Monster Hunter. Valhalla Knights is much closer to post Phantasy Star Online Phantasy Star games. It's like a Middle Ages version of PS, with worse graphics and sound effects.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just play ALL the fantastic SNES rpg's with an emulator on Wii.

Edit: Just tried Tales of Graces Jap version. Although I did'nt understand a thing what they saying, I WAS VERY IMPRESSED.
Visuals are very Skyward sword like....Like a painting. Good production. I really really hope it comes to ours hores!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?