Iwata: Nintendo to expand beyond games

EarthBound 2

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
check these games lists out they needs a 3d invironment now(Nintendo please stop thinking you're better than Sony,because you stole Sony's SCP Project called Play Station as SNES addon called SNES CD when your deals splited up for good)http://web.archive.org/web/20070317023021/http://www.nintendo.com/doc/nes_games.pdf https://web.archive.org/web/20070325003029/http://www.nintendo.com/doc/snes_games.pdf complete saga all Nintendo Games https://www.nintendo.com/consumer/downloads/completeoldgameslist.pdf which needs to back even VC installment re-releases.Am I right?You met Nintendo terrible fate haven't you?

Playstation 4 is more powerful than modern PC,Xbox One and Wii U.Xbox One power isn't Playstation 4 do(not the power dear IGN not the same power).Everybody will miss Nintendo Power Magazine.Nintendo stop letting your Wii U an donkey work because the majority of players spends they time on FPS games(most of such of games are produced exclusives on Microsoft X1).Greetings to TechReviewUSA.

EarthBound 2

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Let him go

WkLDH62.jpg

elunesgrace

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Except that PlayStation is one of the only departments that's making Sony money right now.

I get what you're saying (and it applies quite well to Microsoft, who weren't making money on the Xbox brand until recent years, iirc), but Sony isn't the best example of what you're saying.

It doesn't matter if SONY isn't doing well as a company, the point is to diversify the risk.

It's like a mutual fund, you can simply have a very bad mutual fund where you diversified your risk but you ended up with all bad stocks anyways.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im actually wondering why Nintendo is still in buissnes.
Dont know im totally bored to see the next Super Mario Bros, Donkey Kong, Mario Kart, Zelda and so on.
Also bring out old games with new graphics on the new system is lame. Sorry why buy an old game with better graphics ?.

If you're actually curious, it's not that hard to find out why they're still in business. Their hardware sales vs cost (and other profit positives that other companies don't really have), and their quality made games are usually the most direct answers. And just because a game uses the same characters, that doesn't make them the same game. Zelda and mario games sell systems because they're fun. Nintendo changes a lot of things game to game, but tend to keep in the things people find the most fun. It's the mark of a good game developer that can do such things.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only unannounced titles I listed are F-Zero and Starfox (everyone knows that Metroid is in the work)

Sure, the "everyone knows but it's not announced" thing totally means the same as "announced and coming".

The others are announced or released on 3DS. By the way, I just listed (not all) Nintendo's IP in response to this

That's not how you spell Wii U.

which is not necessarily related to Wii U....

yup

Like PS4 is an upgraded PS3. But while the Wii U has the Gamepad that can bring a next-gen and brand new experience, PS4 can only bring a next-gen graphics which is less interesting (and the PC is already a step ahead)

...Minus the camera, motion controls, front touchpad, game streaming, online streaming, and I dunno, a ton of other features that were introduced with it. If you need a gimmick shoved in your face to see "innovation" then you have a very narrow definition of "innovation".

ResleyZ

Swiggity swaggity swooty, I love my own booty
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
...Minus the camera, motion controls, front touchpad, game streaming, online streaming, and I dunno, a ton of other features that were introduced with it. If you need a gimmick shoved in your face to see "innovation" then you have a very narrow definition of "innovation".

Playstation Eye is a camera, Dualshock 3 already had motion controls, and then there was also Playstation Move, game streaming was already done, albeit very poorly (PS1 games on PS3 to Vita).
So only the front touchpad and live online streaming are new from that list.

I'd love to see Nintendo expand their products, but it's probably not going to work very well, at least not to attract new customers.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Playstation Eye is a camera, Dualshock 3 already had motion controls, and then there was also Playstation Move, game streaming was already done, albeit very poorly (PS1 games on PS3 to Vita).
So only the front touchpad and live online streaming are new from that list.

I'd love to see Nintendo expand their products, but it's probably not going to work very well, at least not to attract new customers.

When I say game streaming I mean from a server to your PS4 (which has been announced via Gaikai) and also streaming your gameplay through Twitch or similar services.

Also the Playstation Eye is hardly an equivalent to the current PS4 camera. They both have very different experiences and technology.

ResleyZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
When I say game streaming I mean from a server to your PS4 (which has been announced via Gaikai) and also streaming your gameplay through Twitch or similar services.

Also the Playstation Eye is hardly an equivalent to the current PS4 camera. They both have very different experiences and technology.

True, but I wouldn't call it 'innovation'. In this case it's merely a upgrade. Customers don't care if the technology is different, for most of the people camera = camera and streaming = streaming.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I don't understand why people downplay the edge the PS4/XBO give over last generation system. Seriously, both offer 16 times the RAM/VRAM memory, +/- 5 times the processing power and 6 times the GPU power. The capabilities of the hardware are absolutely amazing and squeezing out good graphics no longer requires tricks and tedium. Yes, the first batch of games doesn't necessarily rub the huge difference in your face, but that was the case with most generation jumps.

wzkKY4h.png

This s*it ain't even funny.

True, but I wouldn't call it 'innovation'. In this case it's merely a upgrade. Customers don't care if the technology is different, for most of the people camera = camera and streaming = streaming.
Of course, but there's
better cameras and worse cameras, and given the choice, they will pick better ones - same goes with other peripherals and features. If what you're saying was true, the mobile phone business would be stuck in the 90'ies since "all phones make calls so there's no need to upgrade". Technological jumps necessitate upgrading, it's how the cookie crumbles.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

But it's completely different types of streaming. Both streaming to you and streaming from you. Not just streaming from a PS3/4 to your Vita (which is still considered rather new due to how limited it was on the PS3).

By your reasoning, people would say "Well the Kinect wasn't interesting, we already had a chance with the Playstation Eye." Yet the Kinect broke records and sold rather well.

Also having a tablet for a controller is not "innovation" considering we've had tablets for how many years? And don't pull some "Well now we have it AS A CONTROLLER" argument because we've had SmartGlass and Vita connectivity before that.

ResleyZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
But it's completely different types of streaming. Both streaming to you and streaming from you. Not just streaming from a PS3/4 to your Vita (which is still considered rather new due to how limited it was on the PS3).

By your reasoning, people would say "Well the Kinect wasn't interesting, we already had a chance with the Playstation Eye." Yet the Kinect broke records and sold rather well.

Also having a tablet for a controller is not "innovation" considering we've had tablets for how many years? And don't pull some "Well now we have it AS A CONTROLLER" argument because we've had SmartGlass and Vita connectivity before that.

The reason the Kinect sold well was because of the sensors it all had, which was very interesting for developers because the hardware wasn't available then at that price.
I don't think many people actually bought the Kinect for the timeless classics like Star Wars Kinect or one of the many, many, many dance games with the same engine.

I really like the Wii U's gamepad, it's not as heavy or bulky as I thought it would be, and it fits nicely in my hands. This is of course different for other people, but it's just fine for me. I love the ability to play my games on the gamepad alone so actually have a 'portable home console'. As far as I know the PS4 still needs a monitor or tv to enable remote play, whilst the Wii U doesn't.

Whilst I could continue to discuss stuff like this for a long time, we're kinda getting off-topic.

alex.rshare

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

camera? a kinect clone?

motion controls? PS3 already had motion controls.

front touchpad? Yeah!

game streaming? A brand new gameplay!

Really I don't need anything to see innovation in Wii U. I can just play games impossible to replicate on any other system.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reason the Kinect sold well was because of the sensors it all had, which was very interesting for developers because the hardware wasn't available then at that price.
I don't think many people actually bought the Kinect for the timeless classics like Star Wars Kinect or one of the many, many, many dance games with the same engine.

I really like the Wii U's gamepad, it's not as heavy or bulky as I thought it would be, and it fits nicely in my hands. This is of course different for other people, but it's just fine for me. I love the ability to play my games on the gamepad alone so actually have a 'portable home console'. As far as I know the PS4 still needs a monitor or tv to enable remote play, whilst the Wii U doesn't.

Whilst I could continue to discuss stuff like this for a long time, we're kinda getting off-topic.

The Wii U is totally portable! You just need to carry around a Wii U! ...and the controller...and the power cables...and have constant access to a power outlet. So portable guys!

Meanwhile I can stream my PS4 games to my Vita from anywhere as long as I have a good enough WiFi connection.

ResleyZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The Wii U is totally portable! You just need to carry around a Wii U! ...and the controller...and the power cables...and have constant access to a power outlet. So portable guys!

Meanwhile I can stream my PS4 games to my Vita from anywhere as long as I have a good enough WiFi connection.

What I meant with 'portable' was that you don't need a TV or something. If I wanted to play my Wii U at school, I'd just have to plug in the Wii U and I'm done. I carry so much stuff to school, that extra couple of weight wouldn't matter to me.
And I thought you had to be on the same network for PS4 streaming?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I meant with 'portable' was that you don't need a TV or something. If I wanted to play my Wii U at school, I'd just have to plug in the Wii U and I'm done. I carry so much stuff to school, that extra couple of weight wouldn't matter to me.
And I thought you had to be on the same network for PS4 streaming?

Pretty sure you can stream from your PS4 to the Vita over any two WiFi connections.

ResleyZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Pretty sure you can stream from your PS4 to the Vita over any two WiFi connections.

I'll probably get a PS4 after some nice games gets released (KH3, FF XV and the inevitable Disgaea's) and when I get one, I'll already have a decent library thanks to my PS+.

If it is indeed possible to stream outside your own WiFi, then that's pretty neat. Combine it with my phone's 10GB data bundle, and a VPN, and I'll be ready, even when my body isn't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not sure why, every other N64 game just runs fine with all kinds of enhancements but noooo KI... +1