ROM Hack Ivy The Kiwi Translation

olcohalic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sure these patches are great but i can't even get this game to WORK on YSmenu or WoodR4 akmenu 1.05.

If anyone knows where i can get a working game for that it'd be good if you could tell me. I'd like to get a new flashcard, but the importing or manufacturing of them in the UK is now banned, so i'm stuck with an R4...

Please help!

P.S: I tried to get the latest YSmenu update but it STILL doesn't work! when was the latest update? I can only find one from January this year! Can someone help?
AD

Valiarchon

trentacles
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
The official localised version is now released and available at various locations. I'm sure people don't need help finding it
wink.gif

kenzspellz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
(J) version:can't get it to work on r4sdhc and wood r4..

tried all 3 different patches.

white screen on normal r4sdhc.
top screen have japanese words (something gotta do with "can't read save file,please reinsert cart etc")
on wood r4

same problems with USA version without patch.

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Valiarchon said:
Will you people learn to read? I just posted that the official translated rom is released now =.=;

Will you get a clue.

We don't want the USA version -- the art has been changed and colored. We want the original sepia J version.

Try not to be so condescending when you obviously don't know the full story yourself.
Moreso, it seems that you should learn to read yourself - as if you have been following the threads, you'd know WHY we want this version and not the new one...

rolleyes.gif

If you're going to flame others, at the very least don't make cock out of yourself when you do it.\

To quote from another thread:

QUOTE(br0br0 @ Sep 4 2010, 08:18 PM) Having compared both, (J) version wins so much more over this.

The character sprites 'pop' far more in the original Japanese version with it's stylized penciled background.. .

The American backgrounds look like somebody loaded the original sepia backgrounds into Microsoft paint and used spray can for the colouration.. .

Conclusion : (J) english patched version is aesthetically superior by far in concept and execution.. Soooooo, if you've yet to peep this title, grab the (J) version and patch it. It's visually more appealing and more tasteful.

Valiarchon

trentacles
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
I should learn to read? I'm pretty sure there's only one thread in this subforum directly related to this game. I don't read the other parts of gbatemp as they are irrelevant to me, being here only for translation purposes. The persons I was directing that towards quite obviously had NOT read the thread; it wasn't aimed at you. Maybe you personally do not want the USA version, but to assume that everyone else is the same, is making a 'cock out of yourself' too. To make a concession, perhaps I was a bit offensive, but I'm sick to death of all the idiots that register purely to complain about a patch not working, when they obviously haven't even followed instructions.

Schizoanalysis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you read the quote I supplied from br0br0, quite clearly it is not just me. There s at least one other! However, there are also many others complaining about the USA version's 'colored-in' background.

This English patch for the J version won't die so fast, quite simply because many people don't like the look of the USA 'colored-in' version.

If the Europe version reverts to the original sepia background, then it probaby will die, but until that day, the original J version is the only one true to the game creator's original vision.

Valiarchon

trentacles
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
Okay, so sure, people might not want the coloured version. However, many are complaining about the patch not working for them, so I offered the alternative of the official translated rom for people to try. Obviously though, people can't listen and update their firmware (which is quite a simple task for any flashcart really). I agree, the sepia version is much preferable to some randomly chosen colours being overlayed, but like I already said, I was merely irritated by the idiots in presence here.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Valiarchon said:
Okay, so sure, people might not want the coloured version. However, many are complaining about the patch not working for them, so I offered the alternative of the official translated rom for people to try. Obviously though, people can't listen and update their firmware (which is quite a simple task for any flashcart really). I agree, the sepia version is much preferable to some randomly chosen colours being overlayed, but like I already said, I was merely irritated by the idiots in presence here.

Hate to break it to you, but you may as well tolerate them, because they aren't going anywhere. Not everyone is educated on how to patch games, it's best to show them patience or give them another option, which you did. Being rude about it, however, won't accomplish anything except make you more agitated and people less likely to show their thanks.

Schizoanalysis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
+1 @ PG

Valiarchon said:
Will you people learn to read? I just posted that the official translated rom is released now =.=;

And to return to your original flame. It makes no mention of n00bs who can't patch. It only takes issue with people who choose to download a J version patch after "[you have] just posted that the official translated rom is released now".

People will download what they want, regardless of what you may or may not post. Get over yourself.

br0br0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Schizoanalysis said:
+1 @ PG

Valiarchon said:

And to return to your original flame. It makes no mention of n00bs who can't patch. It only takes issue with people who choose to download a J version patch after "[you have] just posted that the official translated rom is released now".

People will download what they want, regardless of what you may or may not post. Get over yourself.

I'd like to eff up shit even more by saying you can unpack the US version and insert the japanese backgrounds, meaning the wall sprites and characters and items are all coloured and the background alone is sepia. (Which differs from the jap version that has sepia wall blocks as well..)

So now, 4 versions are out there.. .

1.(J)
2.(J) english patched
3.(U)
4.(U) with (J) backgrounds..

So many options. Hahahaha.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
br0br0 said:
I'd like to eff up shit even more by saying you can unpack the US version and insert the japanese backgrounds, meaning the wall sprites and characters and items are all coloured and the background alone is sepia. (Which differs from the jap version that has sepia wall blocks as well..)

1.(J)
2.(J) english patched
3.(U)

Just letting you know... you didn't quite make very much sense. Your post excluded that you have to have knowledge of how to do that and test to see if it even works.

If you like your solution, go do it and give the patch to those who don't know how to do that for themselves.

So technically, you didn't "eff up" anything, yet
wink.gif

Good suggestion though.

br0br0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
phoenixgoddess27 said:
br0br0 said:

1.(J)
2.(J) english patched
3.(U)

Just letting you know... you didn't quite make very much sense. Your post excluded that you have to have knowledge of how to do that and test to see if it even works.

If you like your solution, go do it and give the patch to those who don't know how to do that for themselves.

So technically, you didn't "eff up" anything, yet
wink.gif

Good suggestion though.

Well, advice is aimed at those familiar with unpacking and repacking roms.. Some will fall into this demographic and others will not.. If not ? GBA temp search or Google search and read up on using ds buff or ds lazy. The folder to switch is the BG folder. It's tested and working.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
br0br0 said:
Well, advice is aimed at those familiar with unpacking and repacking roms.. Some will fall into this demographic and others will not.. If not ? GBA temp search or Google search and read up on using ds buff or ds lazy. The folder to switch is the BG folder. It's tested and working.

Ah, I understand what you meant now, thanks for clearing that up!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/BLU5KaF2FPY?si=sD6FQEFcZzbPXWuj