Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Does this game really need the translation though? Tutorials are self-explanatory and the gameplay is easypeasy. A small menu translate would be nice, but is any of it really a necessity?

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Njrg,
Most of the time all translation projects here started like some mega projects worth trillions
all the visions... all the promises and etc...
after some ground breaking ceremony and we will never hear from them aka GBAFail
tongue.gif

true, even this game doesn't really need any sort of translation
but i think its better than none...
at least once in a while we have some GBAPass
tongue.gif

xvirus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol but how would you understand the heartwarming story of the baby kiwi without the translation! I only did this because someone requested it and it only took me a total of 10 minutes to finish.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
xvirus said:
lol but how would you understand the heartwarming story of the baby kiwi without the translation! I only did this because someone requested it and it only took me a total of 10 minutes to finish.

LOL, i read the game review from somewhere else

*hides*

actually, i do appreciate that you getting this done
smile.gif

thanks

miinna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
xvirus said:
Seems the game actually has the files in it for English(and a few other languages)!

Ivy The Kiwi Translation v1.0
Thanks for your work!
Does it have the russian language?
I realy want to translate it into russian, but i don't know noting about hacking((
Can you help me with haking this game - send me eng files to translate (img, text and others) and put translated russian files in rom after all ?

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Err actually, I tried patching the ROM and I'm getting a white screen when I try and run it. On an emulator and my R4 running Wood..

Not sure if thats a problem with my card or if the patch caused a bug :wtf:

EDIT: Okay I got it running with the latest Wood firmware, but the patch doesnt seem to have worked. EVERYTHING is still in japanese, lol.

I just put a ROM in a folder with that other stuff, executed the bat and it renamed the file :/ Should work.

br0br0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Something is astray here. Tried 3 untrimmed versions of the rom from different sources.

Apply patch, reports successful, and renames the rom Patched, as usual, in each instance.

Start the rom, everything remains in japanese. (with no existing save file, ie, totally fresh)

on m3i zero. sakura/touchpod latest build.

kosheh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rofl, seriously?
Seriously, all the text you really need to translate is the main menu
tongue.gif

Props nonetheless, my girlfriend just picked this up and feels totally lost when the menus aren't in English, so at least she'll be grateful.

xvirus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm.. I might have gotten a different dump than you're using? I dunno. Let me go back and change a few things.

Just tested out the "new" patch with a clean rom and it works just fine on my R4 with the latest Wood.

br0br0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yea dude, 3 versions of Ivy_The_Kiwi_JPN_NDS-BAHAMUT, all from different sources that don't leech from each other, (just to elimate the off chance 1 of the 2 was repacked) and still no go.

xvirus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even with the new patch? aww man :< I'm not sure if mine was the BAHAMUT release though... I just found it quickly through google(I usually get them off usenet, but didn't feel like searching on there). There wasn't any nfo with the file... it was just named itk-mx.

Valiarchon

trentacles
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
Lmao I was the one who requested it, then I proceeded to do exactly what you've done XD

I gotta say, there wasnt really any need to do it, but I felt like seeing it in english cause I havent played anything in english for quite a while now.

But thanks! =D

br0br0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yah, not sure what is going down, i hunted the source site of the file you mentioned,.. they have 2 available.

Ivy 7h3 Kiwi (J).nd5

and

Ivy 7h3 Kiwi (J) [PATCHED].nd5

(i kid you not)

Tried both roms on both the 1.0 translation patch and the 1.1, no deal breaker, patched file black screened, and unpatched file remained in japanese.

Errr... yah,

Valiarchon

trentacles
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
Okay everyone I just doublechecked my version, and it works apparently, so I made a patch - this is the ---SITE NAME REMOVED--- BAHAMUT release rom. (4851_-_Ivy_The_Kiwi_(J)(BAHAMUT))

here is the patch (its xdelta) http://www.mediafire.com/file/dnmea3zfdzu/...hekiwipatch.rar

note: the top screen instructions or whatever in the multiplayer screen is still in japanese.
This occurs because in the rom, there are three (or four) files for japanese, but only two (or three) files for english.
The other european languages are fine though =S

Anyway, expect to see this game in all six languages soon
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'd like to find a power strip and HDMI selector built in 1 unit, so I can select which game...