Hardware I've got some trust issues with a micro SD card.

Catastrophic

Perfectly Normal
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Good day. Yesterday I completed setting up A9LH + Luma3DS on a New 3DS XL and it currently seems to be running fine. However, there's something that's troubling me. After I had everything set up, I decided to do a system transfer from my old 3DS to the newer one. It took quite a while but after it was done I tried rebooting the console only to be greeted with an error from Luma3DS saying there was a problem with the OTP. I shat a brick because I thought I had somehow managed to brick something but when I tried inserting the SD card back into my laptop the strangest thing happened: The screen went completely crazy, flickering with static like colours. I had to restart the laptop. I then tried putting the SD card in the second time and the same thing happened. I tried one more time a bit later and suddenly it was working fine, and I figured out what the problem with Luma3DS was. Turns out that doing a quick system transfer not only transfers save files but ALL files on the SD card besides installed games. This resulted in the Luma3DS files getting messed up and after deleting the unnecessary files and copying the appropriate files back the 3DS was working fine again. Thank the lord. Afterwards, I tried installing a CIAs using FBI and although most went fine, one of them froze during installation.

Story over. Lets get to the point. The crashing of the laptop plus the failure to install a CIA is making me feel apprehensive about continuing using the SD card. It's an Adata 32GB SDHC and I've read that a few people have problems with the card dying on them after a few months. Am I being paranoid? Or do you guys think I should just format the SD card and continue using it? Sorry for long post.

qi_synergist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you've experienced (to your knowledge) all these symptoms to create a long post or even a thread about it.. it shouldn't be a question really. myself personally i would try to use it the best i could until i got a replacement (i would make that replacement a priority if the 3ds is a priority at the time)

edit: so i would format it, and other little troubleshooting things that pop into my head that wouldn't duplicate my issues that might of been a coincidence

edit 2.0: i'm pretty biased when it comes to sdcards so i never tried that brand to give feedback

Last edited by qi_synergist,

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Last edited by migles,
Reactions: qi_synergist

Potato hoarder

Hoarder of Potatoes
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
From my professional experience, I can say for certain that your sd card is definitely haunted. I would recommend you see an exorcist immediately! If you don't, your laptop might get haunted D:

Seriously though, check if it's a fake sd card with the software the guy up there linked ^^^ Where did you get your sd card? Also, remember to make weekly backups. You never know when you might need them.

Reactions: qi_synergist

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.