• Replies 1,700
  • Likes 27

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe it's a good thing, it weeds out the noobs so they can't play online anymore and makes them learn
alright, there just straight dumbasses if they try to play the game online before release, hell I turned off internet to play superstar saga and samus returns when they leaked even though they have no online play, just be safe if your gona live on the edge

D

Deleted User

OP

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Based on the context of this thread, that has no relevance. That does not check whether a seed works with the given title, it just checks the SEED server for the given region and title ID. That will not respond positive until the seed is uploaded in at least one nation that is being checked, and by that time the game will most definitely be leaked among users.
What are you talking about? There is no way to leak the game without the seed. That link is how Sun/Moon were played early. Was there a cart link around earlier than the seed? (I'm not a huge pokemon fan).

Gizametalman

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Wow, such intelligence. Such deduction.
doge.jpg

url

Last edited by Gizametalman,
D

Deleted User

OP
What are you talking about? There is no way to leak the game without the seed. That link is how Sun/Moon were played early. Was there a cart link around earlier than the seed? (I'm not a huge pokemon fan).
Yes, in fact, there was.

You may be in a misunderstanding about what the program in question truly does, so let me clarify that a little bit more.

When I used the program, I remember it requiring me to enter an ISO Alpha 2 region code (US, JP, EU, CH, etc.), a TitleID (such as the TitleID for Pokemon Moon), and an interval to check SEED availability.

Pokemon Sun/Moon's SEED was uploaded around 3 days early if my memory serves me well; however, the cartridge dump was out earlier than that.

This program is used to check SEED online availability, not to see if a randomly generated seed will open up the application.

Reactions: THYPLEX

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, in fact, there was.

You may be in a misunderstanding about what the program in question truly does, so let me clarify that a little bit more.

When I used the program, I remember it requiring me to enter an ISO Alpha 2 region code (US, JP, EU, CH, etc.), a TitleID (such as the TitleID for Pokemon Moon), and an interval to check SEED availability.

Pokemon Sun/Moon's SEED was uploaded around 3 days early if my memory serves me well; however, the cartridge dump was out earlier than that.

This program is used to check SEED online availability, not to see if a randomly generated seed will open up the application.
Sun/Moon's seed was uploaded when it became midnight in Japan on release day. The same will happen with USUM's seeds. All seeds come out on release day. No seeds will be released early unless it's a mistake on Nintendo's part.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I also predict that Nintendo will issue new banwaves and noobs will come here asking about code XXXXXXXX and cry for help once they learned they gotten permabanned.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
if this get leaked the wifi on my 3ds is staying off until it comes out Nintendo can't ban if im not connected to the internet
But even if you do that, Nintendo will know that you started playing before the game was even out the moment you connect online and possibly try to link your account to PGL (if you do) since trainer card data is sent when connecting online for the first time and every time you sync with PGL. Why not just wait for the game to come out, THEN play?

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
But even if you do that, Nintendo will know that you started playing before the game was even out the moment you connect online and possibly try to link your account to PGL (if you do) since trainer card data is sent when connecting online for the first time and every time you sync with PGL. Why not just wait for the game to come out, THEN play?
so i can spoil it. And play the game before people with unhacked 3ds. Make sure you check 4 chan guys it could even be leaked this early because look how early Mario and l Luigi super star saga was leaked.

Last edited by SoslanVanWieren,

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
If you play anything leaked early, your chances of being banned are increased.
Increased is an understatement:rofl2:

so i can spoil it. And play the game before people with unhacked 3ds. Make sure you check 4 chan guys it could even be leaked this early because look how early Mario and l Luigi super star saga was leaked.
Why spoil it? And 4chan (or any chan for that matter) is always where the leaks come out first and they then spread from there.

Reactions: DarthDub

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
you only got banned with sun and moon leaks if you went online in the festival plaza two days before the game came out.
It happened one and three days before the release, too. Some say it even happened when the leak happened 10 days prior to release.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Was there a cart link around earlier than the seed? (I'm not a huge pokemon fan).
Yes. The original leak (by Lurantis) was from a Moon review copy. Cartridge dumps don't require a seed, so yeah.

Last edited by Joom,

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Luarantis did not get caught so im sure he il be able to leak it again
Doubt it. When a leak happens while review copies are in the wild the same reviewers aren't given review copies again for obvious reasons.
he used 4 chan and he also uploaded the rom on a vpn.
Entirely irrelevant. Neither of these things prevent someone from being faced with ramifications. I'm permanently banned from 4chan for reuploading his leak and spreading it.

Reactions: ThoD

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Doubt it. When a leak happens while review copies are in the wild the same reviewers aren't given review copies again for obvious reasons.

Entirely irrelevant. Neither of these things prevent someone from being faced with ramifications. I'm permanently banned from 4chan for reuploading his leak and spreading it.
Leaks not from a review copy he dumped the game in store then put it on his gateway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny