Issues Encountered With A Newly Modded WiiU

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by frankadank, Dec 4, 2017.

1. frankadank
    OP

frankadank Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2017
    United States
    Hello noob here, would appreciate any help I'm relatively new to this but have followed all instructions on the guide.
    Im currently using mocha on 5.51 and using browser exploit, everything is installed to USB external HDD.

• When I try to install eshop games via WUP GX2 I always encounter errors as well as not being able to install DLC.

• I also cannot play Breath of The Wild currently as it always gives me an error that I need to update when I boot the game.

• Another issue I encounter is being unable to update games, even when I launch NNU patcher and am able to check that the wii u is connected to the eshop. I have tried installing updates/dlc via WUP GX2 and always get errors.
    Would coldbooting Haxchi do away with these issues I am encountering or am I doing something wrong?
    Please let me know if any additional information is needed, I have no idea what to do at this point.
    Thank you.

Last edited by frankadank, Dec 4, 2017
  2. Ashell

Ashell Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2016
    United States
    I used the Brazilian method. As long as your downloads are good, it should work just find. You can also install the updates just like you install the game. Game first, then update, and must be to the same location. I have nooo clue the exact steps you are taking, but you are able to at least run homebrew so that makes me think your files might be bad, or your ticket is bad/needs modified

3. frankadank
    OP

frankadank Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2017
    United States
    I'm using files gotten directly from Wii USB Helper, I transfer to SD card using wii usbloader then run the game installs/updates/dlc.

Whats strange is the game installs always install fine, except eshop games that always give me errors on WUP GX2. Updates and DLCS also give me errors too.

4. Zyvyn

Zyvyn GBAtemp Fan

Aug 9, 2017
    United States
    what kind of sd card are you using what size is it and are you download games to usb or nand

5. frankadank
    OP

frankadank Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2017
    United States
    I'm using a SanDisk Extreme PLUS microSDHC, its 32 gb.
    Im installing to USB, have an external Western Digital 1TB connected to the wii u with Y Cables.

6. Zyvyn

Zyvyn GBAtemp Fan

Aug 9, 2017
    United States
    what is the sd card formatted in fat32?

7. frankadank
    OP

frankadank Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2017
    United States
    Yessir I have the sd card formatted in fat32, physical game installs work fine except breath of the wild which tells me I have to update my wii u to 5.52.
    Its the eshop games, dlc, and updates that do not install properly.

Last edited by frankadank, Dec 4, 2017
  8. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Sounds like you are trying to install dlc and games that require CFW but you aren't using CFW.

1. What is the error that you get in WUP installer?
    2. When you download the game or DLC from Wii U USB Helper does it say CFW only?
    3. Before you go to install the game check your firmware version. Does it say 99.99.99 or 5.5.1?
    4. What is the exact error that WUP installer gives you?

9. Zyvyn

Zyvyn GBAtemp Fan

Aug 9, 2017
    United States
    hes using mocha not haxchi

10. frankadank
    OP

frankadank Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2017
    United States
    Would these errors go away if I use Haxchi?
    Attached are the errors I have been getting and firmware version in settings.
    upload_2017-12-5_13-0-37.png
    upload_2017-12-5_13-0-46.png upload_2017-12-5_13-0-55.png

11. Zyvyn

Zyvyn GBAtemp Fan

Aug 9, 2017
    United States
    you do know with mocha you have to launch the mocha cfw from homebrew launcher every time you turn on the console

12. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    BotW says it needs a system update, but you actually just need the game update.
    The other error is a sign of not being in CFW, make sure you are in Mocha when you run WUPInstaller.