Hardware Issue with switch Docked

Kokumotsu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So last week my switch is no longer functional when its Docked.
Ive tried a new dock to test my switch with and it appears to be the switch itself.
When the switch is docked it will try to switch over to the TV; Switch goes black, but there is not a signal on the TV. However when you pull the switch off the dock it just bricks. no error code or anything, the screen just stays black and i have to hold the power button down to force start it.

Ive tried it with an HDMI cable removed from the dock and it works fine. The switch will black out like it does and is able to go back into handheld mode when removed, but as soon as an HDMI cable is plugged in. It bricks.

There has been no issue with the switch playing games docked before. it never froze. glitched or anything and im really confused why this has happened and so abruptly too.

ive tried looking into the issue but cant find anything other than it possibly being either two ICs.the P13USB or the M92T36. I dont have a multimeter atm but would the p13USB be the cause of this?

Reactions: orangy57

Agilato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So last week my switch is no longer functional when its Docked.
Ive tried a new dock to test my switch with and it appears to be the switch itself.
When the switch is docked it will try to switch over to the TV; Switch goes black, but there is not a signal on the TV. However when you pull the switch off the dock it just bricks. no error code or anything, the screen just stays black and i have to hold the power button down to force start it.

Ive tried it with an HDMI cable removed from the dock and it works fine. The switch will black out like it does and is able to go back into handheld mode when removed, but as soon as an HDMI cable is plugged in. It bricks.

There has been no issue with the switch playing games docked before. it never froze. glitched or anything and im really confused why this has happened and so abruptly too.

ive tried looking into the issue but cant find anything other than it possibly being either two ICs.the P13USB or the M92T36. I dont have a multimeter atm but would the p13USB be the cause of this?

I would start with chokes near P13USB, also make sure port it self is very clean doesn't have any debris and bent pins, check it with magnification, some times issue in to the port hard to see even with a microscope.

Did you tried to use other HDMI cable?

Reactions: FXDX

Kokumotsu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would start with chokes near P13USB, also make sure port it self is very clean doesn't have any debris and bent pins, check it with magnification, some times issue in to the port hard to see even with a microscope.

Did you tried to use other HDMI cable?
yeah ive tried new HDMI cables too. even went to gamestop to have them try it on their dock and same issue.
ill try to open it up when i get a triwing

Reactions: Agilato

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: What are the odds lol