Gaming Is this SDHC card compatible & good for 3DS?

Bad Wolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Silicon Power Elite Secure-Digital SDHC UHS-I SP032GBSDHAU1V10
  • Transfer speed: Up to 40MB/s Class-10
http://www.amazon.com/Silicon-Power-Class-Memory-SP032GBSDHAU1V10/dp/B00AV3XJOU

Cause I was gonna get:
SanDisk Standard Secure-Digital SDHC SDSDB-032G

Transfer speed: 15MB/s Class-4

But I think SanDisk is kinda trusted so how about this? :
SanDisk Ultra SDHC 32GB SDSDU-032G​

30MB/sec speed​

I'm a SD card & 3DS noob so I'm not sure whether or not the Silicon one will work, but the price difference in my country is slim to none so if Transfer Speed is all that matters for it to be good as a SD card and it's compatible with 3DS thennnn :)

Thanks in advance

superspudz2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
silicone power is a really good brand, but thats just my personal experience. the SiliconePower cards i got worked great, although i have not tried them on 3DS. just remember to format every card you get with "Panasonic SD formatter tool"

http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/utilities/download-panasonic-sd-formatter-windows-4-0-f32483.html

i would advise against Sandisk, the problem with any company is when they get too big they get lazy and the quality goes down just to save money.
also sandisk is the most counterfeited cart on the market, you really have no way to know where it came from. thats why lesser known brands are sometimes better, because smaller starup companies are trying to get a good name to get a foothold in the market.

if you must use a "brand name" cart, at the very least get "Kingston", because they have an anti-counterfeit number on every package, that you can check on their website.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Uhm... SanDisk cards are actually good if you buy them at retail stores, as for Kingston they always fail to me so, also you won't get much difference by buying a class 10 SD Card and I know because I bought one.

Bad Wolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I'm gonna go with
SanDisk Ultra SDHC 32GB SDSDU-032G
Read some Amazon buyers saying it's good shizzle for 3DS, and it's 2$ more expensive then the 4-class one and twice as fast.
Don't know what's a Retail Store but I'm gonna get it from a store in my country that has many branches in like every city.

Redhorse

Warehouse 13 Curator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've bought dozens of Sandisk 16 & 32 GB sdhc (on Amazon) and NEVER had a problem, in fact that's the only place I buy from now..). I'm used to dealing with Amazon and Ebay, in BOTH cases, read your reviews, they will usually tell you what you need to know.
Be sure they're reviewing exactly what you're buying. Some shadier characters sell.. say.. cosmetics by the millions for cheap to raise their stats then switch to expensive knock off electronics to make the real scam bucks. but no worries, just check the review.

Some pointers:
1) Make sure they've had accounts for longer than a few months
2) preferably not changing names too often.
3)Check review for your intended purchase item, not just a review of anything they're selling. I've never been burned yet. I've been buying online for many years now.
4) Don't buy THESE used ... every electronics has a MTBD date, which means it may well be too close to it's 'death date' to be of any use to you, for the long haul.

My PERSONAL experience (which someone will undoubtedly argue) says bulk packaging VS individual packaging is UN important. it does not mean used just because it's not in a wrapper. This is true of a trusted source mainly.

Reactions: Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I've bought dozens of Sandisk 16 & 32 GB sdhc (on Amazon) and NEVER had a problem, in fact that's the only place I buy from now..). I'm used to dealing with Amazon and Ebay, in BOTH cases, read your reviews, they will usually tell you what you need to know.
Be sure they're reviewing exactly what you're buying. Some shadier characters sell.. say.. cosmetics by the millions for cheap to raise their stats then switch to expensive knock off electronics to make the real scam bucks. but no worries, just check the review.

Some pointers:
1) Make sure they've had accounts for longer than a few months
2) preferably not changing names too often.
3)Check review for your intended purchase item, not just a review of anything they're selling. I've never been burned yet. I've been buying online for many years now.
4) Don't buy THESE used ... every electronics has a MTBD date, which means it may well be too close to it's 'death date' to be of any use to you, for the long haul.

My PERSONAL experience (which someone will undoubtedly argue) says bulk packaging VS individual packaging is UN important. it does not mean used just because it's not in a wrapper. This is true of a trusted source mainly.

Thanks for the comment bro
But if you check out what I wrote down just before what you did - you can see I'm buying from a store that has branches all across my country, I'm assuming that's a retailer? Don't know. Anyhow the one I mentioned I am about to buy costs 27.85$

superspudz2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm gonna go with
SanDisk Ultra SDHC 32GB SDSDU-032G
Read some Amazon buyers saying it's good shizzle for 3DS, and it's 2$ more expensive then the 4-class one and twice as fast.
Don't know what's a Retail Store but I'm gonna get it from a store in my country that has many branches in like every city.

suit yourself. thanks for the tip on the silicone power sale, i snagged myself a 32gb card. i love the brand. and its great because nobody is counterfeiting them yet, unlike sandisk.

but you should know that "Class", makes absolutely no difference in 3DS. dosent matter if its Class 2, 10, or Class 999, the 3DS reads at a set speed no matter what card you put in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: what a bout call of duty