Homebrew Is there homebrew that will function the same as the disc channel?

raptir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to play Rock Band 2. I can run it fine from the disc channel, but it's kind of a pain since you need to take the remote out of the guitar every time you boot the Wii to navigate the system menu. The HBC can be navigated fine via the guitar controller. The problem is that using the USB Loader or Backup Loader causes problems with RB2's DLC system, as it will not delete DLC from the system memory when booted from anything but the disc channel. Is there any homebrew that will just boot the disc channel directly and have the same functionality? Thanks.

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
There are preloader hacks who can; or directboot, or directboot when a button is hold!

raptir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SoftChip doesn't work for this. It needs to boot the disc channel from an unmodified IOS 37. Gecko OS seemed to work, but it still has some stability issues (when trying to play songs off the SD card, it will often freeze). The libwiigameload seems like what I'm looking for, I'll give that a shot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: ok then no