Hacking Is there a way to get MK8 free game download on 4.x firmware without updating to 5.x - promo expirin

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
um yes there is the current exploit STILL works

Well of course the CURRENT exploit works that is why it is the CURRENT exploit.:lol:
Publicly, the exploit works ONLY on different versions of 4.x firmware.

But if you are talking about firmware 5.x (Unless you yourself have ported the exploit to 5.x) you should not definitively state so absolutely that it works on 5.x.
"It appears that it maybe able to run." "It should be able to run." "It's likely to run." All would be acceptable.

Only 1 public comment (on the topic of a working 5.x firmware exploit) I've seen was made by TheChield (but when you have "Ugly Troll" in your own description everything should be taken with a grain of salt)
http://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-homebrew-situation-and-faq.367627/page-7#post-5046747

Reactions: PhyChris

PhyChris

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've never connected my Wii U to the Internet or updated its firmware.

So I haven't signed up to the club point system, etc.

Everyone know of the free digital games you get with MK8, and it is expiring shortly.

Is there any way I can connect my Wii U to the net, sign up for the deal, download one of the free games, all while remaining on 4.x?

from what I have read it does not look like you can without updating :(

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for fear that the dev's do not get help and dumps they were given the first time that lead to the current firmware exploit.

I don't understand your logic. In order for you to be able to do anything significant, you'd need to have a kernel exploit and IOSU access (to dump the keys). That said, once you have the keys, you can just download the binaries from NUS, thus making it pretty much a guarantee it'll be ported within the next week/few weeks. So you get it on one version, you get it on all of them.

darkseekerliu

Advanced Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You will need to update in order the get the free game, here is an overview on how to get the free game.

1-Go to club nintendo and create an account.
2- Register your copy of Mario Kart 8
3 - Update the page and you will see the link of the promo to get your free game (it may take up to 48 hours to show-according club nintendo site)
4 - CHOOSE THE FREE GAME AND Grab the code - UNTIL HERE, EVERYTHING GOES FINE - YOUR WII U DOES NOT EVEN NEED TO BE TOUCHED (* unless you have bought the mario kart 8 bundle - in this case you need to log in to eShop and link your wii u console to your club nintendo account.

5- ONCE YOU HAVE THE CODE YOU WILL HAVE UNTIL 10/01/2014 12:00 AM TO USE THE CODE.

There lies your choices: You can wait until there to use your code and not to update you wii u - and if the exploit really becomes a homebrew channel: PROFIT

If nothing new comes up - you can decide to update your wii u and download your free game. ;)

Or you can update now, grab your free game and hope for the exploit to be ported to firmwares above 4.0.x. :bow:

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will need to update in order the get the free game, here is an overview on how to get the free game.

1-Go to club nintendo and create an account.
2- Register your copy of Mario Kart 8
3 - Update the page and you will see the link of the promo to get your free game (it may take up to 48 hours to show-according club nintendo site)
4 - CHOOSE THE FREE GAME AND Grab the code - UNTIL HERE, EVERYTHING GOES FINE - YOUR WII U DOES NOT EVEN NEED TO BE TOUCHED (* unless you have bought the mario kart 8 bundle - in this case you need to log in to eShop and link your wii u console to your club nintendo account.

5- ONCE YOU HAVE THE CODE YOU WILL HAVE UNTIL 10/01/2014 12:00 AM TO USE THE CODE.

There lies your choices: You can wait until there to use your code and not to update you wii u - and if the exploit really becomes a homebrew channel: PROFIT

If nothing new comes up - you can decide to update your wii u and download your free game. ;)

Or you can update now, grab your free game and hope for the exploit to be ported to firmwares above 4.0.x. :bow:

Or you can sell your code. It is supposed to be able to be used on ANY WiiU console(so perhaps even different regions/worldwide)

Reactions: darkseekerliu

Elliander

Trophies
Website
elliander.etherealspheres.com
XP
Country
United States
If I understood the rules correctly (atleast for my codes what I will get) is that they're time limited. So just must activate them before day X else they just become useless.

I redeemed a second code on a family account which triggered a bug in their system which prevented me from getting the download code so I had to call them up. They assured me that as long as the game is registered before X day I can still use the download code even if it takes them a week to get it to me (which it might).

Maybe call them and ask, "If I wait to update (maybe say your internet is down for a few weeks or something) can I use the download code in the eShop later? Or when will it expire?" and whatever they tell you ask that they notate your account that you called about that just in case there are problems later.

headpie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
last day to use the code than they will all be null and void

Also the exploit now works with 5.0.0 and 5.1.0!

Talk about timing! Of course, the unreleased kernel exploit may or may not have been patched.... I imagine those looking for another would appreciate if Chadderz could test that and let us know, but I won't hold my breath on much support from him!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: hello