Hacking is there a way to create own forwarder Channels ?

odd29

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i´ve tried some usb loader gx and wii flow forwarder channels but they all ended up with a blackscreen :-(
i also wanna create a f. channel for wiisx.. is there a working way ?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Custom channels (forwarder or installed homebrew) are not working on vWii yet.
I guess the only channel working is the HBC. (unless someone find a working channel base)

Maybe injecting a forwarder dol in a WW/VC/retail channel could work, but if a channel is bad it will brick your vWii so do not install channels randomly if you can't restore a backup NAND. (hardware needed)

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
if you can't restore a backup NAND. (hardware needed)

Do we have confirmation that a NAND backup is resorable with an infectus or progskeet etc , i know DF dumped it , but did anyone verify a restoration is possible , bare in mind i dont understand how that procedure works. But still did someone prove this or is it an known assumption that it will work ?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If the WiiU part doesn't keep track of the last launch date of the vWii NAND, there shouldn't be any problem restoring a full copy of the data.
There's no difference between two exact copy, the chipset is just restored in an old state with all its data on it.

NAND/NOR restoration works with all consoles and chipsets. (as long as there's no external checking, in that case the dump would require modification before restoring it and it will work again)

DeadlyFoez knows better how it's working, he might be able to tell us more about the restoration process.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Weird I have been playing MSU enhanced Genesis games for a while now lol