Hacking is there a way to backup your psp like the wii nand

Zalda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
from my wii time i remember you could dump the NAND memory via a homebrew tool and if you would just save that .bin file, your wii could be recovered always, even with a full brick
yaywii.gif

i was wondering if there's any way to do the same thing with the psp?

.Chris

Clueless
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, there is a way, but some newer PSP can't be recovered even after a semi-brick, I think.
unsure.gif

But I forgot the program... Sorry!

EDIT: I think you can also do it with a Pandora Battery.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
on psp the can use Pandora
you can make a nand back-up (that is ONLY for the psp that make it)

with Pandora, a nand back-up really not needed
as using Pandora reFlashes the PSP

the nand back-up is good for the id keys the is different for EACH PSP

Zalda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Satangel said:
At least tell us what PSP you have and which firmware. Is it already hacked? Do you perhaps have a Pandora battery?

oh sorry
PSP 2000 with firmware 5.50 GEN-D3. yes it's already been fully hacked
smile.gif

well i got a pandora battery with it (package was second-hand) but i've never tried it before. i don't know if it works.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Use Nandtool and make a full nand dump, and then a full IDStorage Key dump. That's basically what you're asking for.

obito

I can have a title?! :O
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
There's a nand backup tool on hellcat's i think?

Also.. The option was there when I made an MMS and Pandora.

molh394

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Zalda said:
got a tutorial for that or so, I don't understand how to do that....
Download that file linked to by xist, plug your PSP into your computer, copy the "nandTool_040NEO" folder (inside the PSP -> GAME folder of the zip file) into your PSP's own /PSP/GAME folder.
Unplug your PSP, find Nandtool under Games, run it. Select "Dump from NAND" to make a full NAND dump, and "Other Tools -> Dump idstore keys" to make the IDStorage Keys dump.

Here is a more complete tutorial, which also explains how to use Nandtool with a pandora battery (using a magic memstick), and how to restore these backups if you ever need to: http://pinoypsp.com/index.php?topic=188548.0;wap2

Zalda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
molh394 said:
Zalda said:
got a tutorial for that or so, I don't understand how to do that....
Download that file linked to by xist, plug your PSP into your computer, copy the "nandTool_040NEO" folder (inside the PSP -> GAME folder of the zip file) into your PSP's own /PSP/GAME folder.
Unplug your PSP, find Nandtool under Games, run it. Select "Dump from NAND" to make a full NAND dump, and "Other Tools -> Dump idstore keys" to make the IDStorage Keys dump.

Here is a more complete tutorial, which also explains how to use Nandtool with a pandora battery (using a magic memstick), and how to restore these backups if you ever need to: http://pinoypsp.com/index.php?topic=188548.0;wap2

k, tnx so much Xist and molh!
i did it, and have the files stored on my PC now.
i've also bookmarked that link, so if I ever need it I can do it. hopefully it works out
smile.gif
tnx again!

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you do brick, it's easier just to boot up Hellcat's Recovery Flasher with your Pandora battery and MMS and reinstall CFW, rather than mess with NAND backups.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Although if you somehow corrupt your keys you're totally screwed unless you use DCv8 and then you'd lose Magic Gate for good.

Nand backups are less essential than they were but still handy, Key backups are just a nice unique safety measure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree"