Homebrew is there a secret reason behind nintendo not patching hax over the past 2 updates?

Ridge

they/them
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Norway
Nintendo won't do that because of all the bloatware that would end up on the store. They're very selective about the devs they pick, partly because of quality control and partly because that's how they used to do it in the industry, and that's what the big N wants to stick with.
But they let stuff like Meme Run and Bigley's Revenge on there?

Reactions: PF2M

Noelemahc

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Nintendo won't do that because of all the bloatware that would end up on the store. They're very selective about the devs they pick, partly because of quality control and partly because that's how they used to do it in the industry, and that's what the big N wants to stick with.
Wait, and the state of the DSiWare and many of the indie eShop titles isn't a Nintendo-tempered bloatware situation too?
We've got flappy bird clones on the WiiU, angry birds clones on the 3DS, various I-don't-know-who-buys-it megacheap arcadey games...

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
10.5 got released so quickly because 10.4 had a glitch that corrupted SD cards. It is that simple.

Stop it with the useless speculation.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Have a 3DS on firmware 10.4, and make a NAND dump.

Upgrade to 10.5 (Latest)? and make another NAND dump. Compare the dumps to see the changes. (Revert back to 10.4, 9.2, whatever... if desired.)

Kaoid

Kai
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's why the appstore is filled with shitty Chinese cash grabs that copy a popular game and throw in 1000000 microtransactions.
Its not like Nintendo is better with any of their "free" games on the EShop. Their IAP model is the most agressive ive seen, games are hideously crippled if you dont pay. Especially Pokemon Picross and Pokemon Shuffle. And Fullblox being free is false advertising. Its very clearly a demo and should be released as a normal game on the eshop with the additional demo download. Free to start does not mean a couple tutorial levels only and then pay. They used the term very loosely.

Last edited by Kaoid,

NicEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
How great would it be if Nintendo had an AppStore like Apple and Android and WindowsPhone - and the devkit was free or cost a little bit. There would be thousands of fully-featured games you could buy for a few dollars. The way to make a system or game last is through user-generated content keeping it fresh. For example, the Elder Scrolls games stay active for ages with the mini devkit they have for users to create their own content and quests. And Minecraft has been popular for years and years.

There would be no motivation to exploit the console for homebrew, and lack of devs for homebrew would set piracy WAY back (most piracy exploits seem to come from discoveries by homebrewing devs).

https://developer.nintendo.com/

HappyzLife

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But my 3DS is loaded with emulators and 3DS games and DS games and GBA games probably thousands of games in total lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb going with my dad
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, are most of those games shovelware?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah gotta buy 3 1tb SD cards for 3ds the entire libraries need archived in my home
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    >buys x3 1TB SD cards
    >stores the entire 3DS library on them
    >installs CFW
    >realised why I wasted loads of money and resources
    +2
    Lol no I clean my sets
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cause it's in my home ready to go
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like uremum
    But 100 games on SNES and Genesis and GBA then TG16 and NES and GB and GBC then all the other random systems and arcade games it all adds up lol
    +1
    Virtual Boy alone has probably 5 games!!! Lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I won't mention any names in chat but some of us wastes $300 on preloaded hdds :tpi:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, The PS5 had none.
    +2
    Lol I spent more than that on a stuffed 4TB drive lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly I've yet to fill the 1tb internal drive on my ps5
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, 1) except final fantasy 16. 2) why would I have a console's whole catalogue if most of the games are either shovelware or terrible games?
    Kind of a waste, but the allure of all those games over 100,000
    Some shovel ware with low ratings you might enjoy more than the ratings would sugest
    +1
    Cruisn on the Wii is one of my personal examples of that, it's considered one of the worst games of all time, I loved it and completed it several times.
    +1
    The trick for me was to go into the settings and crank up the Wiimote sensitivity to the max and it gets twitchy but you can win that way lol
    Lots of other games I enjoyed that reviews would say otherwise lol
  • btei @ btei:
    lethal company servers are down rn
  • btei @ btei:
    my pocket pikachu is going crazy rn
    Pocket Pikachu sounds dirty lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Penischu, I choose you.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol