Hacking Is the "New Nintendo 3DS/N3DS" the end of Gateway?

Cortador

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really don't mind getting that. Just for having those extra buttons is a huge plus for me (Especially for MH4 and SSB). I really don't see the hate with the new systems. Sure some games will be exclusive (Probably about 5% of the total games released after it gets released) but that doesn't mean the old 3ds will be forgotten. The majority of the games will still come out for that system and its huge install base.

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, That's it. I'm done with Nintendo.
Thank god I have a gateway and PIRATE everything
I was seriously planning on getting a Wii U but now I'm going to get one second hand or used but only once there is piracy on it.

YEAH! That's stickin' it to 'em! Posts like these is why people hate pirates.

Ziggyro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
YEAH! That's stickin' it to 'em! Posts like these is why people hate pirates.

As if I could care less. I get games for free. I pirate everything, movies,music,games and most of my consoles are modded for that reason.
You seem upset that people get things for free. I guess I should thank you for spending your *hard* earned cash on shit like the New 3ds and all those rehashed games you buy, It keeps them pumping them out which keeps me pirating.

Reactions: TemplarGR

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As if I could care less. I get games for free. I pirate everything, movies,music,games and most of my consoles are modded for that reason.
You seem upset that people get things for free. I guess I should thank you for spending your *hard* earned cash on shit like the New 3ds and all those rehashed games you buy, It keeps them pumping them out which keeps me pirating.

You just keep at it, I'm sure you'll go far with that attitude. Cool, you get games for free, you must be so much better than the those who spend money on them.

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm actually a pirate. But I don't use piracy as a way to damage a company, I do it because it's easy and free. :)

Reactions: the_randomizer

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo continues to screw over its exisiting customers, and they still cannot think of proper names it will just cause even more confusion at thr store
Cant wait till the "New WiiU" is announced with faster cpu and more ram

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
Pretty sure that none of the current hacks will work since this is a complete hardware revision.

Akantr4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Look let's not get sidetracked here and talk about the ethics of piracy. I also pirate but I also support the games I like to play. This thread should be about the future of loading backups and running homebrew.

It's a bummer that only those who buy the new system have access to any N3DS-only titles. However, I did overhear somewhere that it might only be console ports and apps that utilize the hardware. That I'm fine to be honest.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what I am talking about, people like this guy, I bet hes pissed off now hes heard this news! It would not make sense. I don't think it will be any different than the 3DS apart from a couple of exclusives to sell the unit.

Well there in lies the problem, you can please some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all the time. While he's disappointed, I'm pleased as punch as I was just starting to consider an XL, as I've had a standard since launch, and then bam this comes around making me glad I'm waited. Surely I'm not the only one where this kind of mindset is happening as well. So some people, like myself, are very happy and excited at this news.

Wildblood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
People shouldn't jump to conclusions. If they fragment the games market, then yes, you can be pissed. It will also piss off developers. Nintendo aren't stupid, I highly doubt they'd do something like that. For now, how about no assuming the worst and just be happy there's a model with a baked in circle-pad pro and improved 3D?

planetarian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm concerned about fragmentation. I'm hoping this goes down like the DSi, where new games have the option of making use of its extra functionality but won't be locked to it as exclusives. Xenoblade Chronicles is just a port so whatever, but once this next batch of new games is out it's entirely up in the air. I'll just hope devs settle for 'New 3DS Enhanced' games so our existing systems don't become obsolete. I have four 3DS myself so this would hurt especially bad =x

DragonSky

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
With a tons of limited editions and the just releasing x/y they can't mean this..
Really no playable on the 3ds xl? The reason they do this this early is obviously Gateway.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I seriously hope no app or game will truly utilise the new hardware and could be forced to work on any of the frigging 3 original 3DSes.

Reactions: Huntereb

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E