Hacking Is Nds lite is good as portable music player?

orangpelupa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hello.

Im considering to buy ndslite and also use it as portable music player for playing my OGG music on traveling.

Is the sound output quality is good?
How is it compared to ndsi?

From what i read, it seems ndsi got better audio chip/processor than the one one nds lite.

Thanks, and sorry for my bad english.

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Uh WHAT!? If you want a music player wouldn't it be smarter to get a music player like a sansa clip+? nds lite better than nds lite
wacko.gif

orangpelupa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
AH SORRY my bad, posting topic while walking on village really not good >__<

i mean DS Lite compared to DSi. because i read somewhere that DSi got new and better sound chip.

and i dont like to bring many electronic thing while im on traveling. by using sansa clip or any other portable music player i need to spend more money and need to bring more device.

currently i just use my cellphone as OGG player but the battery died too fast. i blame the bad signal reception on village, really drain battery. and the sunny wheater forced me to use 100% brighness on my cellphone to be able to see the screen.

thanks
biggrin.gif

hksmrchan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
learn to navigate your phone without the screen.

Plus, DSi's sound is better if you aren't comparing with headphones.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The DS Lite and/or DSi are good at everything except for media playback. Your better off just getting a Lite, to play games on, and keeping your music on a MP3 or Phone.

plus, its everything but portable.

orangpelupa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
thanks hksmrchan,
so its mean that if i use headphone/earphone, DS Lite and DSi sounds the same right?

thanks Maz7006,
i think i will just install a homebrew on it, maybe moonshell?

my cellphone died too fast, it really troublesome when i need to make a call in the middle of a remote village >__

lukeroge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I think they gave the dsi a better sound chip to go with dsi sound, Ive played the same game on the ds and dsi using headphones, and im sure the dsi sounded much better.
My dsi has pretty great sound quality, and the built in speakers are alot better than the ds lite.

I love "Eye of the tiger" max patch and speed on dsi sound.
smile.gif

pjoneszdsi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i bought a dsi one card with a four gig memory card and put some mp3 on ther. it worked like a charm. I simply set up the dsi one card then loaded my mp3 onto it. popped it into the nintendo and it plays them just as good as the ipod.
yaypsp.gif

D

Deleted_171835

pjoneszdsi said:
i bought a dsi one card with a four gig memory card and put some mp3 on ther. it worked like a charm. I simply set up the dsi one card then loaded my mp3 onto it. popped it into the nintendo and it plays them just as good as the ipod.
yaypsp.gif

As good as an iPod. Hah. How could it be as good as a dedicated media player.

-----------------------
For casual listening, the DSi - Lite is fine provided you got the headphones. And village........:wtf:. Oh, you live in Indonesia.

gibberish

Trophies
XP
Country
the difference between the ds and dsi soundchip is next to nothing. remember, the hardware has to be 100% compatible so any increase in quality will be minimal if anything at all. if youre worried about sound quality then dont use a nintendo product. use a cowon d2 or something of equal quality.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMuP01GlQi4