GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Here a list of release date and corresponding hacking possibility :
http://www.ps3devwiki.com/ps3/Datecode

if you have 3.70 it's probably Code 1B, second quarter of 2011 (you probably updated from 3.60 or from 3.56)

and seeing the 3004B here :
http://www.ps3devwiki.com/ps3/SKU_Models
it tells that you your minimum downgradable firmware is 3.60 which can't be hacked.

ODE should be possible without swap, as listed in the first link.

I'm merging your thread in the stickied "is my PS3 hackable?" thread.

fariasluciano

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a ps3 slim, I bought it already hacked, but shortly after I updated with OFW. Now I want to hack it again. Is it possible?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
What are my options if my serial ends with this CECH-2004A
http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/SKU_Models

According to the above link, your PS3 can be downgraded with a hardware flasher to <3.55, then you can install CFW once on 3.55.

You could also install one of the ODEs, so you don't need to downgrade (as long as you're on a firmware that doesn't break ODEs).

Duke Shirehill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Reactions: Loke

UxL_Silent

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No you cant jailbreak it its a pretty new system so they sticted you to jailbreak it .. if your serial code is above CECH-25xxx you cant jailbreak if its a number under 25 or the same its jailbreakable like CECH-(24)12B

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
No you cant jailbreak it its a pretty new system so they sticted you to jailbreak it .. if your serial code is above CECH-25xxx you cant jailbreak if its a number under 25 or the same its jailbreakable like CECH-(24)12B
are you repplying to the first post from this thread? because well, his question is no longer a real one, since this thread was used as a guide for people to know if their ps3 is hackable

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I am not a complete noob and have modded other systems in the past but recently I decided I might mod a ps3 since a friend of mine sold me a library of old games. It's a bit overwhelming looking at all the models of ps3's out there and which ones are hackable or not and all the options available for the different versions.

I am looking to purchase a new ps3, is there any hope of finding one new for a "normal" price (not $800 on amazon) that is hackable?

Really I just want to be able to rip/play backups from a usb hard dive like I do on my other systems. Is there currently a version of ps3's that best suited for that?

So far I see two options, CFW or ODE. I take it ODE requires actually making physical changes to the unit in some way. Would it be better to buy a new ps3 or look at buying an older refurbished one?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, and thank you all very much for all the insight you have provided thus far.

Last edited by Gorkensnorkel,

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
You can find a lot of CFW-able PS3s on eBay for anywhere between $150-250, you MUST have a PS3 on or capable of downgrading to 3.55, see the SKU model link I posted above for a list of which models do.

It's best to simply suck up the price and buy a 3.55 PS3 on eBay IMO, it ends up being easier than buying a correct model PS3, downgrading if its not on the right FW/sending it off to be downgraded. You can simply search for 3.55 PS3 to find hackable ones.

ODDEs also got screwed with the 4.55/4.60 update, so you'll also be stuck below those firmware if you choose to go that route, I don't think any of the ODDE makers found a way to bypass it.

EDIT: also, you will NEVER find a new CFW-able PS3, you'll have to deal with used or none at all

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y