which is the currently best way to jailbreak a PS3 Slim?

meeeow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,

so, I got my hands on a decent PS3 and did a lot of reading on how to proceed. The problem is that the more I read, the more confused I got because of diverging information and constantly changing instructions...

Long story short. The model I have is:
PS3 Slim
CECH-2004A
FW 4.76

After being maximally confused by having read different instructions, my current plan is to just stick to the following video which seems have the most recent info.

My most important question before starting is, is it really "safe" to update from FW 4.76 to FW 4.90 before installing a CFW?
Maybe, anybody of the pros here can pinpoint me to a ("canonical") tutorial describing how to mod a model as I have in late 2023?
Thank you in advance!

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
there is no need to update first bguerville work with older fws but u could do it theres no downside or upside

and dont worry too much just follow the instructions and in the end u will see it wasnt that hard

meeeow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
okay, I just got the PS3 today and thought it had a firmware <4.50. Watching the video again seeing that PS3 Toolset supports 4.76 which is actually running on the PS3 it should be pretty easy.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

so, I got my hands on a decent PS3 and did a lot of reading on how to proceed. The problem is that the more I read, the more confused I got because of diverging information and constantly changing instructions...

Long story short. The model I have is:
PS3 Slim
CECH-2004A
FW 4.76

After being maximally confused by having read different instructions, my current plan is to just stick to the following video which seems have the most recent info.

PS3 slim should work with Evilnat 4.90 CFW.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Evilnat 4.90 CFW works perfectly! :bow::)
Only thing now I recommend, or have had issues with myself is, do not install/ use both Irisman and WebMan mod together on PS3 Evilnat 4.90. Freezes up quite often. Use one or the other only. Also maybe look into getting a bigger Hdd/SSD, up to 1.5TB, because you will fill it up fast. Enjoy and have fun.

Last edited by BigOnYa,
Reactions: meeeow

FonzT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have a 2004B. Just install 4.90 Evilnat, then install webman for temperature monitoring!! Keep your eyes on it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto