Hacking Homebrew Multiple Questions regarding my PS3, hacked with HEN

DecoTheEpicGuy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
1. Am i able to dump ANY disk on with the PS3?

Ex. I want to dump a GameCube game, but the only DVD-based backup device i have is the PS3.
Am i able to dump said Game? or am i restricted to PS3/PS1 games only?

2. Is there a way to apply mods to a physical game?

Just like the Wii - With the player being able to apply mods while using the CD-based game instead
of a digital.

I have a Physical copy of Sonic Generations for the PS3 and i really want to play mods of it without
installing it digitally.

3. Is there a way to enable PS2 physical games in any way at all in Slim or Super Slim Models?

Ex. A patch that allows to play physical copies of PS2 games on Slim and Super Slim models.
I have heard that Retroarch is able to do it on PC, so is there a way to do it in a PS3 that is not compatible
with said console games?

Last edited by DecoTheEpicGuy,

DecoTheEpicGuy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You can just download the rom.
Ahem - I find it more convenient just dumping it myself instead of having to look at multiple scammy advertisements just to download a copyrighted, unauthorized, and therefore, possibly unsafe file.

But if that is the case, sure!

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ahem - I find it more convenient just dumping it myself instead of having to look at multiple scammy advertisements just to download a copyrighted, unauthorized, and therefore, possibly unsafe file.

But if that is the case, sure!
Nothing unsafe about it, as long as you check the hashes of what you downloaded.

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Am i able to dump ANY disk on with the PS3?

Ex. I want to dump a GameCube game, but the only DVD-based backup device i have is the PS3.
Am i able to dump said Game? or am i restricted to PS3/PS1 games only?
PS3 cannot dump GameCube/Wii discs due to how they work.

GameCube/Wii discs use a different form of encryption that the PS3 cannot handle.

Certain disc drives on the PC can be used to dump GameCube/Wii discs, but they tend to be expensive.

http://wiki.redump.org/index.php?title=Nintendo_GameCube_and_Wii_Dumping_Guide_with_a_PC

3. Is there a way to enable PS2 physical games in any way at all in Slim or Super Slim Models?
No.

This is due to how the PS2 emulator for non-BC models works and no way around it.

PS2 discs must be ripped before playing on the PS3.

DecoTheEpicGuy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
PS3 cannot dump GameCube/Wii discs due to how they work.

GameCube/Wii discs use a different form of encryption that the PS3 cannot handle.

Certain disc drives on the PC can be used to dump GameCube/Wii discs, but they tend to be expensive.

http://wiki.redump.org/index.php?title=Nintendo_GameCube_and_Wii_Dumping_Guide_with_a_PC

No.

This is due to how the PS2 emulator for non-BC models works and no way around it.

PS2 discs must be ripped before playing on the PS3.
Thank you for the information!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto