Gaming Is it worth buying wii now? (the one with GC compability)

Status
Not open for further replies.

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
umm.. if i couldnt do anything else with my wii than what it came out of the box with, i'd throw it away already, it'd be totally useless

what nintedo does is seek out & punish anyone who's made any alterations to their wii..

and then they also have a homescreen with 50 empty channels?

its like they created it for their own personal hacks, for some devs and their immediate family.. but they want everyone else to be punished for doing anything custom to their wii

its indefensible, try as you may.. I get that you like nintendo, I grew up with the NES, even.. but this seek & destroy Bullcrap is ridiculous.. they know what they are doing, though you,, apparently, may not..

they force updates, and make it so tricky that 90% of kids and 60% of adults would probably not know how to even get out of the update screen..

they try at every turn to brick any wii thats had any sort of mod

if they are so radically anti-user base, and anti-mod, then they really should lose their customers..

I, for one, am not bending over and asking for more

Dafuq?

1st, Nintendo doesn't "seek out & punish anyone who's made any alterations to their wii". I have had 2 soft-modded Wii's since the scene opened up, and have never been punished. Besides, on any modded console, things can go bad if you try to update/use online services with them. jTAG/RGH 360s can perma-ban and corrupt user profiles, and the PS3 can result in perma-bans from PSN if you try to use online services. Nintendo doesn't intentionally brick consoles for laughs or anything.

And how is it like they created personal hacks for devs and family? What are you even talking about?

Nintendo does not force updates on the Wii either. It asks before installing, and if you cannot figure out how to get out of the update screen, or figure out that you shouldn't update with any soft of modifications, then you really shouldn't be using a soft-modded system anyway. Nintendo Wii updates don't brick your system because it's modified, the fact that the system update doesn't cater for modifications is what causes problems. Why should Nintendo support modification when it can be used for purposes such as piracy, which they don't support at all?

I have my current Wii fitted with the most current firmware, softmodded with emulators and backuped games, and it is even modded for region free playback. Nintendo hasn't come knocking at my door to snuff me out because of it yet, because they won't. I travel often between Australia and the U.S, so I set my Wii up wherever I go and have had no problems. You sir, do not know what you are talking about in regards to any of the points you have tried to make, and should stop complaining about non-existent problems in a thread that is simply asking for advice.

but what does the wii-u give you?

a gigantic gameboy to play your wii games on tv with.. you need two hands to do anything with it, its the size of an iPad, only much heavier, and has no gaming significance at all...

it doesnt resemble anything remotely like a game controller, and i cant see anyone actually enjoying using that thing..

Which is why there is an optional gamepad that resembles Xbox 360/PS3 controllers, for those who don't want to use the gamepad. It isn't like they are forcing people to only use the gamepad.

I want to enjoy nintendo console for the first time after NES, guys do you recommend buying used Wii now? In my country it listed at average price of $130, or I just jump to Wii U?

Anyway, a Wii with GC compatibility certainly is a nice buy. If you soft-mod it you can load it up with retro games and the like too which is nice. If GC compatibility isn't an issue, the Wii-U is nice. However I'd personally suggest just softmodding a Wii for emulators + GC support over softmodding a Wii-U for vWii, which offers the same thing but no GC playback currently.

Edit: I mean vWii offers the same features as an original Wii with softmod, minus GC playback currently. If the Wii-U mode gets hacked, and if that modification to allow bluetooth controllers to play GC games on the Wii-U works out, then I'd say Wii-U. It's still a fun system anyway though.

Tenzen

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland

I've had several Nintendo-initiated Bricks, and almost been lured into a few myself..

I'm glad you can turn tricks with your wii.. I have a separate wii for Kids, thats been bricked several times because of region incompatibility on Nintendos own created Region Locks

Its beyond a small problem.. its bricking MY machines, MY wiis, because they may or may not like where I go with them, or how I use them..

it is Nintendo creating these bricks.. they dont "just happen because the user/kid is stupid"

das dafuq, yo

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then you are doing something wrong, clearly. Let's see, plenty of people have soft-modded Wiis and even patched them to be region free and they are fine. You have had several bricks on your Wiis. Hmm, where are the problems coming from I wonder?

I have popped US discs into my Wii without problems, I even have Netflix installed so I can stream movies when I am in the U.S. My machine is a European model, so those are things it can't do by default. Heck, I even have US/JPN region Virtual Console games installed without problems. So I am not turning tricks (?) or anything, I just follow the clearly written soft-mod guides and then enjoy my console.

So I don't think Nintendo is to blame for that. Sounds like you or the kids using the machine are at fault.

Reactions: NEP

Tenzen

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
umm,
Then you are doing something wrong, clearly. Let's see, plenty of people have soft-modded Wiis and even patched them to be region free and they are fine. You have had several bricks on your Wiis. Hmm, where are the problems coming from I wonder?

I have popped US discs into my Wii without problems, I even have Netflix installed so I can stream movies when I am in the U.S. My machine is a European model, so those are things it can't do by default. Heck, I even have US/JPN region Virtual Console games installed without problems. So I am not turning tricks (?) or anything, I just follow the clearly written soft-mod guides and then enjoy my console.

So I don't think Nintendo is to blame for that. Sounds like you or the kids using the machine are at fault.

oh, I see, so I'm the retard is it?

thanks mr awesome

-

and I've never been there for a brick, I dont know whats going on..

I only know its from something to do with updating, even when the Wii is offline.

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
umm,

oh, I see, so I'm the retard is it?

thanks mr awesome

You're welcome.

I only know its from something to do with updating, even when the Wii is offline.

Then you should read up on how to stop updates if you continue using an old firmware. Playing games that require a new-firmware on an old firmware will always ask for updates. This stuff, again, is usually posted in clearly written guides that explain what to do/not do with your system when considering softmodding. Not Nintendo's fault at all.

Tenzen

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
i see..

so bricking machines that have different firmware is not nintendos intentional design..?

Not allowing you to playgames that have newer firmware, then bricking your machine if it doesnt have the right firmware is not at all Nintendo's problem?

so.. they've done their absolute sterling best to make sure the end user's console isnt bricked, is that right?

whatever dude.. you're not really all that awesome there, guy..fyi

Every Wii you buy in certain regions has been pre-softmodded at the shop, because the guys think they have some neat tricks or something..

why dont you tell the kids about your obscure online guides explaining what to do..

but, anyway, I'll look into that, in order to make the Wii more child-proof.. thanks nintendo.. I'm especially happy to need a childproof Nintendo Game console

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i see..

so bricking machines that have different firmware is not nintendos intentional design..?

Not allowing you to playgames that have newer firmware, then bricking your machine if it doesnt have the right firmware is not at all Nintendo problem?

so.. they've done their absolute sterling best to make sure the end user's console isnt bricked, is that right?

Every Wii you buy in certain regions has been pre-softmodded at the shop, because the guys think they have some neat tricks or something..

why dont you tell the kids about your obscure online guides explaining what to do..

but, anyway, I'll look into that, in order to make the Wii more child-proof.. thanks nintendo.. I'm especially happy to need a childproof Gaming console
Yo man, stop whining and complaining for a change and go out and buy a Wii Mini to your kids, I promise you and guarantee you that they'll never brick it.
As for the rest, stop insulting other people's intelligence and don't make any stupid remark based on your assumption on consoles that you don't own and never touched.
You clearly don't know what you are talking about, you are biased because you hate the Wii U concept and don't have any intentions to buy one, so just stick to what you are playing now and go talk nice things about your system of choice in other more relevant treads, being off topic here displaying your hate for nintendo doesn't do you any favor.

Regarding the original question, I would also recommend an original Wii with GC compatibility.
I like retro games and even got myself an old fashioned CRT TV specifically to play emulators and all the games up until Wii generation look undeniable better on it than any modern flat screen TV.
I regard my Wii as a little emulation box that can hook up to a traditional TV ( sadly, newer PC have only HDMI video out ) and play everything from the old Atari games to GC and Wii games, and that little box is going to have a very long life as I plan on using it for years and years to come for that purpose.
Fully hacked, region free and hard chipped to enjoy GC games to the fullest, it's a wonder why Nintendo still didn't knock on my door or bricked my Wii for the sake of it....;)

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just buy a wiimote, a bluetooth adapter (if you didn't already have one), and install dolphin emulator. I believe a new stable version was just released (v4.0).

The only reason you'd want to get a Wii right now is if your computer is outdated. And I mean really outdated cause any dual-core 2.5 GHz+ can run dolphin.

I'm sorry but that's your excuse for anything. "Just emulate it". Could kindly please shut up? It's getting annoying and to be frank, a retarded thing to say.

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i see..

Not allowing you to playgames that have older firmware, then bricking your machine if it doesnt have the right firmware is not at all Nintendo problem?

but, anyway, I'll look into that, in order to make the Wii more child-proof.. thanks nintendo.. I'm especially happy to need a childproof Gaming console

Useless points are useless. But seeing as you seem a bit slow, I will point some things out to you.

1. Why on earth should Nintendo even support modifications that have been made? If anybody chooses to make modifications, they do so at their own risk because Nintendo won't support it. They won't intentionally go out of their way to brick the units, but applying an update to a modified firmware runs the risk of breaking it because the 2 are incompatible, and should remain that way.

2. And no it isn't Nintendo's problem. There are ways to get around it safely if you bother to read up, but if you don't, then it's all on you buddy.

3. Nintendo isn't responsible for making sure that users who decide to modify their systems are looked after. Nintendo will never officially support modifications that can allow for things like piracy. Just think about it for a moment. Seriously.

4.Well say what you will, but I have never come in to this thread claiming to be awesome or anything. I simply came here, pointed out some things that were incorrect regarding your various claims, and am trying to set the record straight. But I will not be losing any sleep because you don't find me to be an awesome guy.

5. Are you talking about the Wii Kiosks you see in stores? They aren't softmods, they are usually running special demonstration software that limits the overall features of the unit, but show off basic functionality. PS3s that you see in-stores are like, and even 3DS units on display have the same thing. No tricks or anything. A retail bought unit will be able to do more out of the box than a demo unit will while it's on display.

6. Why would I tell my kids how to soft-mod a Wii and refer to a Wii? I would instead make sure that I have done everything I can to it to make sure that my kids wouldn't accidentally mess it up, which is as easy as figuring out how to safely get it to the latest firmware, or set up your softmod to bypass disc-based updates.

Overall, you seem to be hating on a Nintendo for not looking out for you personally, when you are making the choice to use the console for purposes it was not intended for, and then getting upset when everything falls apart and then Nintendo won't give you support for something they never advise people to do.

God bless the internet. You meet all sorts of people online.

regard my Wii as a little emulation box that can hook up to a traditional TV ( sadly, newer PC have only HDMI video out ) and play everything from the old Atari games to GC and Wii games, and that little box is going to have a very long life as I plan on using it for years and years to come for that purpose. Fully hacked, region free and hard chipped to enjoy GC games to the fullest, it's a wonder why Nintendo still didn't knock on my door or bricked my Wii for the sake of it....;)

That's exactly what mine is for, minus flawless N64 support. Great idea to use a Nintendo Wii to emulate and play previous Nintendo system games, plus the odd Sega/Atari/Turbo Grafx games :). So much better than having to rely on PC emulators, and can feel more authentic since the games are running on real hardware, and VC games are doing that too :D

Reactions: the_randomizer

Tenzen

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland

seriously bro?

stop whining and complaining for a change and go out and buy a Wii Mini to your kids, I promise you and guarantee you that they'll never brick it.

no, i'm not buying that little piece of crap with no GameCube ports.. thats something good enough for your kids. throw em in a corner, shut em up. yo..

er.. umm.. no.. not here, "yo"

As for the rest, stop insulting other people's intelligence and don't make any stupid remark based on your assumption on consoles that you don't own and never touched.

by "people's" are you referring to Nintendos.. by that same token, maybe you can stop felating them...

sorry, Nintendo's full of retards.. dont spaz out, yo..

You clearly don't know what you are talking about, you are biased because you hate the Wii U concept and don't have any intentions to buy one, so just stick to what you are playing now and go talk nice things about your system of choice in other more relevant treads, being off topic here displaying your hate for nintendo doesn't do you any favor.

So.. I dont know what I'm talking about? insulting my intelligence, are we?

theres a difference between feeling offended by someone's remarks because they make you feel stupid, and actually verbally offending someone.. learn it.
I've played the Wii-U, i've played with the accompanying wii suitcase controller...

and I've stated why I have no intentions to buy one, as per the OP's original question.

and I suggest, to him and anyone else, not to buy it..

AND i stated why supporting Nintendo further as they continue to work against the user-base is counter-prodictive for the community as a whole, and bad for their own company

and, as per the natural laws of Free-Enterprise Commerce, the company should of course feel the pain of such decisions, even to the point of failing.

you championing Nintendo because you're a fanboy serves to work against that natural order, and are trying to elevate or hold up what should naturally not rise.

but dont let me dissuade you from your mission efforts.

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and I suggest, to him and anyone else, not to buy it..

AND i stated why supporting Nintendo further as they continue to work against the user-base is counter-prodictive for the community as a whole, and bad for their own company

and, as per the natural laws of Free-Enterprise Commerce, the company should of course feel the pain of such decisions, even to the point of failing.

you championing Nintendo because you're a fanboy serves to work against that natural order, and are trying to elevate or hold up what should naturally not rise.

No, you stated BS which is not true and are trying to make it seem like fact so that others can't make well informed decisions. Nintendo does not brick consoles because you use them in another region, I can confirm this, just as my netflix can confirm it. They don't seek you out because you use using a softmod and then brick you for the sake of it. They aren't forcing people to use a gamepad with a screen on it for the Wii-U, and in-fact support the use of a more traditional controller. They don't support softmodding, but NO big name console maker does. Microsoft doesn't, Sony doesn't. If you want a hackable console that only has a traditional controller and won't brick on updates, go buy an OUYA or something.

In fact, besides the OUYA, or any other Android based platform (since Android can be opened by design and isn't a closed platform), can you even tell everyone about a console that is designed by a respectable company (not kickstarter funded, not an 'open handheld' type system) which allows it's user base to modify it's console without losing features, modify the console without the risk of damage etc. I'd be really interested to know.

To be fair, you are doing a better job at it than anybody else in this thread has, mainly saying things that make it painfully clear that you don't know what you are talking about.

Tenzen

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
1. Why on earth should Nintendo even support modifications that have been made? If anybody chooses to make modifications, they do so at their own risk because Nintendo won't support it. They won't intentionally go out of their way to brick the units, but applying an update to a modified firmware runs the risk of breaking it because the 2 are incompatible, and should remain that way.

soo.. why should a company do anything which its customers & users of its product and/or service would want, need, require, appreciate, or find of value?

not sure about that.. perhaps you can ask your economics teacher that obviously never existed..

oops, typical internet-breed.. little to no comprehension as to anything actually dealing with people, with no concern or empathy for anyone other than his/her own ego

which, apparently, the little delinquent devs over at Nintendo have in common with you, socially.

2. And no it isn't Nintendo's problem. There are ways to get around it safely if you bother to read up, but if you don't, then it's all on you buddy.

so.. its not a companies problem that their product, in the hands of a great many of its users, ceases to function.

in your mind, just what is "nintendo"? does it by chance appear larger than real life, here in the real world??

I am a paying Nintendo customer, who now hates their company, product, & service.. i'm sorry, you'll once again need to consult with your fictional Economics Professor on this one.

its the most core and fundamental part of any business.. the only place it doesnt seem to apply is, again, on the internet.

3. Nintendo isn't responsible for making sure that users who decide to modify their systems are looked after. Nintendo will never officially support modifications that can allow for things like piracy. Just think about it for a moment. Seriously.

So.. a company, like Nintendo, or any other, is not responsible for the systems they produce? they are not responsible to their customer, if that customer isnt doing what the company wishes them to, with their product?. so.. its, then, by your reasoning, ok for any other company to brick your car or truck, with Firmware updating if you try and raise or lower it, or add anything other than stock rims or tires, or add any custom seats or or anything else? it's be ok for them to turn your vehicle into a roadblock?

sorry, there, speedster.. wrong again.

they can feel free to not support it, but it is their responsibility to make sure their firmmware isnt turning my vehicle into a 1-ton piece of scrap metal because i decide what i personally want to do with it

I'm sorry if you feel you should be tooled such.. thankfully, i, from up over, dont.

4.Well say what you will, but I have never come in to this thread claiming to be awesome or anything. I simply came here, pointed out some things that were incorrect regarding your various claims, and am trying to set the record straight. But I will not be losing any sleep because you don't find me to be an awesome guy.

thanks for pointing out that you arent awesome. you had me going

what you actually did was state your opinion as a fact, and try to establish what you believe to be correct as irrefutably actual reality..

so to ACTUALLY set the record straight, your opinion is duly noted. I hope you sleep well.

5. Are you talking about the Wii Kiosks you see in stores? They aren't softmods, they are usually running special demonstration software that limits the overall features of the unit, but show off basic functionality. PS3s that you see in-stores are like, and even 3DS units on display have the same thing. No tricks or anything. A retail bought unit will be able to do more out of the box than a demo unit will while it's on display.

no, sorry, have you by chance bought a wii from every country on the planet? if not, then you should assume when I say every wii is softmodded, that I'm not a retard who cant tell the difference between one wii console, and every single wii in the entire country.

I think your problem is you think everyone is a retard.. full of stupid questions.. your sig verifies that. thanks, ego.

6. Why would I tell my kids how to soft-mod a Wii and refer to a Wii? I would instead make sure that I have done everything I can to it to make sure that my kids wouldn't accidentally mess it up, which is as easy as figuring out how to safely get it to the latest firmware, or set up your softmod to bypass disc-based updates.

great.. glad thats working out for you.

it, however, has nothing to do with me.

Overall, you seem to be hating on a Nintendo for not looking out for you personally, when you are making the choice to use the console for purposes it was not intended for, and then getting upset when everything falls apart and then Nintendo won't give you support for something they never advise people to do.

me personally, eh?

so, you think this is unique to me?

your assumptions are mind boggling, especially when i can tell you right now that its more than all the wiis in your entire country.

God bless the internet. You meet all sorts of people online.
and here is your problem

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
seriously bro?

no, i'm not buying that little piece of crap with no GameCube ports.. thats something good enough for your kids. throw em in a corner, shut em up. yo..

No thank you, my kids are smart enough not to push a simple updated button and repeatedly pressing "I agree with the terms" and " continue " and "are you sure to continue buttons", therefore a brick never happened in my family of average intelligence.
I'm suggesting a Wii Mini because it a model created specifically for kids and is fail proof because it just plays games from the disc, like a PS2.

And I couldn't care any less about Nintendo executives, what I mean by " other people intelligence " I mean our fellows GBATempers here who patiently try to explain to you how wrong you are and you seem to ignore them, with your blind rage and keep insulting us because we happen to agree to disagree with you. Why are you taking it so personally man ?

Seriously , grow up bro', you are acting like a 12 years old boy and I'm feeling like I'm feeding a troll here at this point ( not suggesting that you are ).
You are purposely ignoring everybody advice here and keep on going with your personal anti-nintendo crusade.

Nintendo doesn't support or endorse soft or hard modding of their systems. Nor does M$ or Sony. If you mod your Wii or purchased already modded, you void your guarantee and take a risk, it's as simple as that.
Consequentially you brick it, it's your own fault.

Anyway do as you wish, talk as much as you want, I am finished and I'm out of here.

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And to you, the OP, just get it. There's a large library for it, so you don't have to pick through the countless shovelware titles. We've done that for you. Plus there are the GameCube titles and the Wii Shop Channel, on which they have Chrono Trigger and the 1991 TMNT game (blech). So yeah, get one. With the GameCube ports, obviously.
Wii's are not meant to be taken with you anywhere. Yeah, region locks are stupid, but they're doing it because different regions have different age ratings and stuffs. If you want a travel device, use a laptop or a hand held.

"can't create a machine which doesn't brick itself, you're a f****ng retard.." -- make one yourself why don't ya

Different regions have different age ratings and such? WTF? I admit we in North America have the ESRB rating system and in England and everywhere else, they have the PEGI system. But the 17+ of PEGI is the equivalent of M; the 13+ is the equivalent of T, and the 7+ is equivalent to our E10+ (weird, huh?). You meant to say different regions have different rating systems.

Tenzen

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
No, you stated BS which is not true and are trying to make it seem like fact so that others can't make well informed decisions. Nintendo does not brick consoles because you use them in another region, I can confirm this, just as my netflix can confirm it.

No, buddy, I stated a fact.

Its what factually happened

I have 30 witnesses to support that it is, in deed, a fact

and I'm not the only person to have a bricked wii because he is using it in another region.

I dont care what you think you can confirm in austraila, i'd love to hear the exact specifics..

please tell me exactly what version, what game, what wii, and what countries & regions you've done what exact things which you feel allows you to "confirm" the opposite is true.

and what does you netflix have to do with anything

In fact, besides the OUYA, or any other Android based platform (since Android can be opened by design and isn't a closed platform), can you even tell everyone about a console that is designed by a respectable company (not kickstarter funded, not an 'open handheld' type system) which allows it's user base to modify it's console without losing features, modify the console without the risk of damage etc. I'd be really interested to know.
still waiting for you to tell us all how you feel its ok for a company to allow its products to become useless bricks, rocks, & boulders because they modify them according to their needs in line with a very acceptable & expected social norm.

that would make the company a bunch of fvkcwit retards.. actually

I think you like being/ need to be tooled.. I dont know if thats a cultural difference or what, but what does it have to do with the rest of the planet?

there is no study in any business model on the planet that makes that acceptable.. unless you are weened up online to be a total tool..

its a company's responsibility to address the needs & uses of its customers, and to provide a working product for them, whether or not the company believes the customer should use their product in whatever detached-from-reality way they might dream up

its not for them to inject their personal feelings & mantra in the lives of others.. they need to take a step back, and remove their heads from our private places, though some, like yourself, may even prefer them there

To be fair, you are doing a better job at it than anybody else in this thread has, mainly saying things that make it painfully clear that you don't know what you are talking about.

keep pretending to be smart dude..

its not working for you

Tenzen

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
No thank you, my kids are smart enough not to push a simple updated button and repeatedly pressing "I agree with the terms" and " continue " and "are you sure to continue buttons", therefore a brick never happened in my family of average intelligence.

so kids too young to read are retards are they?

well, you're 2 for 2 buddy.. funny for a guy who just cried about make-believe insults..

I dont even read the crap that comes up, hitting A should get you to the game, anyone rational expects that, ..

what they dont expect is skipping the crappytalk screens destroys your product

imagine everytime you skip the "Agreement Terms" on your computer or Phone, it bricks your computer or phone

I'd say a kid who skips over the BS that is terms of agreement, is of higher intelligence than most.

and I think "Average Intelligence" is stretching it a bit there, guy

And I couldn't care any less about Nintendo executives, what I mean by " other people intelligence " I mean our fellows GBATempers here who patiently try to explain to you how wrong you are and you seem to ignore them, with your blind rage and keep insulting us because we happen to agree to disagree with you. Why are you taking it so personally man ?

I have been told "Read up on how to stop updates if you continue using an old firmware."

thats the only piece of advice i've heard.

but I'm not after advice, I'm telling you why I would be wary about WiiU..

they dont support Modding.. SOO.. it stands to reason that WiiU would make it even more difficult..

and nobody can tell you otherwise yet.. its still early, updates have yet to be released, etc..

I WOULD WAIT UNTIL THERE IS A STABLE BUILD OF EVERYTHING YOU MIGHT EVER WANT TO DO WITH THE WII-u

Personally

and no.. I'm not saying that because I hate nintendo,...

though I do

Tenzen

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
and I think MOST people feel the same way regarding the Wii-U.

cautious..

unless you are really actually hoping for a Wii-U Brick on the next Wii-U update

and therein lies Nintendos problem

People dont trust them to do whats best for their user..

they actively seek to create environments inhospitable to modding

and, as a result, their sales are going to suffer

as they must.

if they'd just throw a little goodwill our way, some support for more customizations, without calling everyone a pirate, support for people with their own backup disks, and back up ISOs and backup Roms..

there are alot of uses for modding, and few have anything to do with piracy

and nintendo should support us, without claiming we're all dirtbag criminals who should have our wiis destroyed

So.. on the side of cautions, and as a buyer coming from "once bitten twice shy", I believe most people needing/wanting modded wii-U's will have no choice but to wait, or risk wasting their money

IMO

feel free to calmly disagree with that if you like

Tenzen

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
and again, personally, I am sitting here feeling like I have to wait to see what Nintendo has up their sleeves for future updates, etc

which is like sitting wondering what Honda or Nike has up their sleeves

its not something a customer should be feeling about a company

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...