Hacking Is it really worth the wait?

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No games worth pirating, just update. Newer games will require higher system versions, so that leaves you with a library of about 6 games you get for free. And homebrew: buy a regular android tablet.
This in a nutshell is also one of the best reasons to just update

Reactions: Arck

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No games worth pirating, just update. Newer games will require higher system versions, so that leaves you with a library of about 6 games you get for free. And homebrew: buy a regular android tablet.
This is assuming you won't simply be able to spoof the fw or update particular pieces of the fw/set up an emunand.

Exploits in the past have been on lower fw - and newer games were playable through emunand/spoofing. Think about 3ds fw 4.5 or wiiu fw 5.3.2.

Reactions: RedHunter

Sketchy1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is assuming you won't simply be able to spoof the fw or update particular pieces of the fw/set up an emunand.

Exploits in the past have been on lower fw - and newer games were playable through emunand/spoofing. Think about 3ds fw 4.5 or wiiu fw 5.3.2.
True, but in all fairness, you still had to update the console in order to get that access (be it emunand or not)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Eww, at least suggest they get a controller so they don't have to use crappy touch controls XD

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
True, but in all fairness, you still had to update the console in order to get that access (be it emunand or not)
My point is - it may not be true that you won't be able to play newer games. And in the past - they figured out ways to play newer games. I just think you might mislead some people when you say they will be stuck with 4 games - when that may not be true.

Also - spoofing isn't updating - it's just making the console think it has updated. Which in the past has allowed for online play and newer game compatibility.

Sketchy1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My point is - it may not be true that you won't be able to play newer games. And in the past - they figured out ways to play newer games. I just think you might mislead some people when you say they will be stuck with 4 games - when that may not be true.

Also - spoofing isn't updating - it's just making the console think it has updated. Which in the past has allowed for online play and newer game compatibility.
Yeah, and I'm not disagreeing, all I'm saying is that it won't work forever (at least that way)

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Which took the Wii U almost five years to reach that point. What makes you think the Switch will get spoofing sooner?

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because no one was interested in Wii U dev, I don't see Switch being any better in terms of timing.
The Switch has infinitely more interest from devs in terms of hacking. I'm sure it'll be worked on by more devs, and even be worked on harder, (if that's the right term) so there's a VERY good chance we'll see stuff sooner on the Switch, I'm sure.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Switch has infinitely more interest from devs in terms of hacking. I'm sure it'll be worked on by more devs, and even be worked on harder, (if that's the right term) so there's a VERY good chance we'll see stuff sooner on the Switch, I'm sure.

Those who're playing newer titles on the Switch like Mario + Rabbids and so on are SOL though. Won't do them a lot of good.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those who're playing newer titles on the Switch like Mario + Rabbids and so on are SOL though. Won't do them a lot of good.
We don't know this yet. Maybe once it's user-friendly, future games will be playable with ease. Who even knows? Or even if they're not, patching could be easy. The only system that makes it really hard AFAIK is the Vita.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If Switch your only console no,otherwise yes so far other than BOTW (and probably Sonic Mania but it's multiplat)
there're no worthy games to update .Also i don't think there'll be huge support from hackers on >3.0FW for many reasons
3.0 or less will be super hard to find when the interesting stuff start coming
splat2n though

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We don't know this yet. Maybe once it's user-friendly, future games will be playable with ease. Who even knows? Or even if they're not, patching could be easy. The only system that makes it really hard AFAIK is the Vita.

A little late for those who already updated, so...

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A little late for those who already updated, so...
Well, they've been warned. And idiots saying don't wait, update. the exploit [followed by a lie or an assumption about how another will come] are called out left and right, so anyone who listens to them, I don't want to say deserves it, but.... you know...

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, they've been warned. And idiots saying don't wait, update. the exploit [followed by a lie or an assumption about how another will come] are called out left and right, so anyone who listens to them, I don't want to say deserves it, but.... you know...

Well can you blame people for not wanting to wait ad nauseum for some exploit that's not even come to full fruition when Mario Rabbids, Splatoon 2, etc are coming out left and right? It's not like the Switch will do anything better homebrew-wise than any other console has done.

Edit: And no, "it can play Switch backups" doesn't count

Last edited by the_randomizer,
Reactions: invaderyoyo
D

Deleted-355425

Maybe they are hired by nintendo to tell others to update?! Foil fucking hat time.

Reactions: x65943

Bl4ckeagle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'll only update if i need to, but if there is a game i like to play and have enough money(student) i'll buy it (Mario Games and so on) and if necessary I'll update.
I did the mistake with my ps4 and now I'm waiting since 1 1/2 year for a hack and don't want to update because everyday could be the crack day, but in this case I'm lucky enough that friends of mine borrowed me theirs to play exclusives.
For the switch I don't care, if there is one i will apply it...
In my opinion something like gateway or sky3ds will be released before the switch is hacked and usefull for the normal pirate.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries