Hacking Is it really worth the wait?

NEO-BAHAMUT-

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all.

I've had a switch since launch day and I love it. As of late as you all know there has been this "huge" exploit that has been found and your not able to use it when you update to 3.01.

I'm currently on 3.0 and I've been tempted so many times this past couple of days to update just to get access back on the Eshop for updates and demos etc.

We've not really been told what is to come out of all this and also how long it will be, neither do we have any footage that hax exist or at least I've not seen any.

In the coming months there are going to be some big titles hitting the switch (Fire Emblem, Mario Odysee, Pokemon) plus more and these are all going to require updating the console to a new firmware.

So for those who can't really go out and buy a second console. Is this hassle all worth it? Will we get proof soon what we will be able to do? Just what should we do sit back and hold our horses or bit the bullet and lose what could potentially be heaven?

Reactions: FateForWindows

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So for those who can't really go out and buy a second console. Is this hassle all worth it?

buy it preowned, there are a lot of preowned switch consoles being sold preowned, you just have to haggle or barter the price down. Switch scalping is gonna die down real soon because of all the holiday units coming in. dont pay anything higher than $275

Killaclown

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I love this sentence lol

I agree, but in times like these I look to The Boondock Saints great quotes for inspiration. "Don't cross the road if you can't get out of the kitchen" and "Penny saved is worth two in the bush, isn't it?". That should tell you the right course of action here.

And if you do feel like updating, remember: "People in glass houses sink ships".

Reactions: Maq47 and MeAndHax

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it really worth hurting yourself for a newborn homebrew scene that has no homebrew available, by the time the next exploit comes around there may be some that exists that make it worth it, but right now, it's worthless as far as I see it atm

Last edited by jt_1258,

Killaclown

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
is it really worth hurting yourself for a newborn homebrew scene that has no homebrew available, by the time the next exploit comes around there may be some that exists that make it worth it, but right now, it's worthless as far as I see it atm

Sure, and I feel just like you about the state of the scene. The problem is, an exploit of this magnitude prob wont come around again. And with downgrading not being an option, this is likely the only option we do have. I hope they are wrong, and that more exploits that matter will be found and released though.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to wait to update. But it's your call. Do you think you will get a lot of enjoyment from online play over the next 6-8 months (total guess)? Or would you rather wait 6-8 months for some rudimentary homebrew?

I'm going to wait - but I don't like online play anyways - so it's a no brainer for me.

alepman90

Trophies
XP
Country
If Switch your only console no,otherwise yes so far other than BOTW (and probably Sonic Mania but it's multiplat)
there're no worthy games to update .Also i don't think there'll be huge support from hackers on >3.0FW for many reasons
3.0 or less will be super hard to find when the interesting stuff start coming

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If Switch your only console no,otherwise yes so far other than BOTW (and probably Sonic Mania but it's multiplat)
there're no worthy games to update .Also i don't think there'll be huge support from hackers on >3.0FW for many reasons
3.0 or less will be super hard to find when the interesting stuff start coming
This is what people say about all of the ninty fws - but so far this has only proven true with the dsi (which had a very small hacking community).

We really don't know what ninty has up their sleeves. Maybe they really have straightened up and plugged the bugs, but I doubt it.

alepman90

Trophies
XP
Country
This is what people say about all of the ninty fws - but so far this has only proven true with the dsi (which had a very small hacking community).

We really don't know what ninty has up their sleeves. Maybe they really have straightened up and plugged the bugs, but I doubt it.
it's Bird in the hand,if you have the option to play games on other systems (and there are fking plenty this year) just wait
but i know if Mario Odyssey requires >3.0 most of us will update so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: x65943

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's Bird in the hand,if you have the option to play games on other systems (and there are fking plenty this year) just wait
but i know if Mario Odyssey requires >3.0 most of us will update so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It will be a hard decision. But I may just have to wait to play it - as it will most likely have a forced update. I am in school anyway so I don't have much free time for games. My roomies however will be upset because they are really looking forward to Odyssey.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-