Hacking Is it possible to rip and iso off a Wii U disc?

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, A) It's too obvious, B) Already tried that, C) That's the title key for SM3DW, I noticed when I was trying to decrypt it. I'm just gonna sit back and wait till the HRESET hack happens and we get it ourselves, which inevitably shouldn't be too much longer(don't quote me on that though), no anonymous, never-heard-from-before 3rd parties trying to mess with us. A proven exploit that works.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If the team isn't playing funny buggers, the WiiKeyU is coming soon anyways. Chances are that it will allow you to make proper Wii U rips. You might want to wait for that, guys.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes? You took a part of the original and (hopefully) the same part of the encrypted file, giving you everything you need for a known-plaintext attack - which is impossible to do for any encryption worth its weight. You'd have as much luck bruteforcing it.
I don't know how it's encrypted however.

sonic1000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard the wii u common key was released somewhere, and that someone even bricked their wii u in the process of getting it.

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard the wii u common key was released somewhere, and that someone even bricked their wii u in the process of getting it.
Key has been obtained. Method for obtaining it will be out before too long ;). Dont expect the leaking of the key itself (for legal readons...)

I know who has the key....

Reactions: y03usw6e

Twili

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Key has been obtained. Method for obtaining it will be out before too long ;). Dont expect the leaking of the key itself (for legal readons...)

I know who has the key....

Everyone can expect the leaking of the key itself once the method is out. Just not here. There's plenty of sites that will jump on it and have in the past. Take the keys in the Espresso OTP, for example...

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
The drive is sata, it just uses a propietary ribbon connection... Using a custom built circuit, people are connecting them to their computers. Where do you think all these game dumps are coming from?
How far we've come since the GameCube days hacking Phantasy Star Online and using the broadband adapter to dump the disc data via Ethernet to a PC. :D

BTW, just in case someone stumbles on this old-ish thread, from the OP:
I just wanna make armor from my fav game Monster Hunter 3 U.
If you have a 3DS and a Power Saves and a copy of MH3U for 3DS, you can edit your save data with the Power Saves (e.g. have max resources and low rank Selene armor from the beginning) and use the MH3U save transfer tool to play on your Wii U for glorious cheapskate HD gaming. :P It takes all the fun out of MH3U, though. Happy hunting. ;)

Dr.Hacknik

Ashley | Developer | Trans
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
The drive is sata, it just uses a propietary ribbon connection... Using a custom built circuit, people are connecting them to their computers. Where do you think all these game dumps are coming from?
Yeah, sure, but how would they get past the Oh so Custom HDD/USB Format Nintendo Conjured up!? We don't even know what it is!

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, sure, but how would they get past the Oh so Custom HDD/USB Format Nintendo Conjured up!? We don't even know what it is!

They're just dumping the games verbatim, encryption and all. The discs don't use that same custom storage format. Games are encrypted with their own unique title keys and the Wii U common key. The common key is "out in the wild" now and the title keys can be decrypted using the common key giving you the ability to decrypt all aspects of a disc based game now. Update partitions, game partition etc.....

Reactions: Margen67

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30