Hacking Is Anyone Using Remote Play At The Moment? Doe's It Work~??~ Is It Safe ~!~?~

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Doesn't Prompts any update for me,there is a method to make it work,you have to hex edit your profile.

About how safe? Nothing is safe,but never heard of any ban.

But you should use another account,not your primary account.

Last edited by aos10,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's an app to make a myprofile.dat which is the remote play file. it uses your psn id along with 0's padding. I'd not recommend using it online though. it's missing a lot of information. I've never tested it, but it should work.

edit: the file is located here: ur0:user/00/np

Last edited by godreborn,
Reactions: SuperDan

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here's the app: https://github.com/tromie/profile_gen/releases I don't know if it will affect the update issue though. don't sign in while using that app if u choose to use it. btw, the update may be due to not having a myprofile.dat . I know my vita had one, but my pstv didn't. I think it's created by signing in which will force u to update. however, I've signed in to psn before on my pstv like when I downloaded the smallest demo on psn, the evil lord demo, for use with adrenaline, so I could be wrong on how or y it's created.

edit: wait a minute, I used kiosk mode for that, so I may not have been on psn actually with my pstv. however, I have an act.dat, so I must've been. I don't know really how it's created or y.

Last edited by godreborn,

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here's the app: https://github.com/tromie/profile_gen/releases I don't know if it will affect the update issue though. don't sign in while using that app if u choose to use it. btw, the update may be due to not having a myprofile.dat . I know my vita had one, but my pstv didn't. I think it's created by signing in which will force u to update. however, I've signed in to psn before on my pstv like when I downloaded the smallest demo on psn, the evil lord demo, for use with adrenaline, so I could be wrong on how or y it's created.

edit: wait a minute, I used kiosk mode for that, so I may not have been on psn actually with my pstv. however, I have an act.dat, so I must've been. I don't know really how it's created or y.
well i used remote play just before enso was released ... and all was well ..,, just feels a bit sketchy atm

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never used remote play, but that's the file responsible for it. I don't know if it's also what determines if u need to update though. there r special encryption keys inside of it which r not created by the myprofile.dat app which is y I wouldn't use it online. u might check if myprofile.dat is in ur0:user/00/np on your system.

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never used remote play, but that's the file responsible for it. I don't know if it's also what determines if u need to update though. there r special encryption keys inside of it which r not created by the myprofile.dat app which is y I wouldn't use it online. u might check if myprofile.dat is in ur0:user/00/np on your system.
thanks for the info .. but after messing up shit on my vita ,,. getting it the way i like it again & so on i really dont wanna play about too much ... & i feel sony is on to us vita hackers ... so im just not going to risk it at this time but thank you ALL for your time and advice !!

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand. I added some custom text to a few games, so I backed up my app.db and made a csv file of the changes in case I need to inject them again. it's best to backup some crucial files like the act.dat in tm0:npdrm or the app.db in ur0:shell/db. that's in case something goes wrong. the act.dat is for activation purposes and the app.db is what displays your games on the livearea. there are about 7 files you should backup: mcid.dat, act.dat, myprofile.dat, app.db (both of them), id.dat, licenses (both vita and psp - in two different locations), system.dreg, and system.ireg. I'd recommend backing up all of those files.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here's the location of those files. the second app.db is located in ur0:shell/db and you might also want to back up the appmeta folder located here: ur0 . I backed up all of my stuff for both the vita and the pstv. the second app.db and appmeta as well as the csv file r located in a folder I named PSV App.db. :P :

17s1hx.jpg

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here's the location of those files. the second app.db is located in ur0:shell/db and you might also want to back up the appmeta folder located here: ur0 . I backed up all of my stuff for both the vita and the pstv. the second app.db and appmeta as well as the csv file r located in a folder I named PSV App.db. :P :

17s1hx.jpg
I DID actually backup everything just after enso .. u kno .. just incase

hologram00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have both my pstv and my vita running Enso and they both work great with remote play. I didn't think u have to edit anything. I just clicked on remote play on vita or pstv , it searched for my ps4 and it connected without any problems.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assumed that the system couldn't find the myprofile.dat. u may need to sign in for that hence the reason for an update needing to be installed. afaik, your psn id is not located in the system.dreg. that file contains all your credentials such as your email address, your account id, and the button swap (X or Circle). it's basically the xregistry of the system. since it doesn't contain that information, u may need to sign in to get it to work assuming no myprofile.dat exists. I'm not sure if your psn id exists on the system itself anywhere aside from the myprofile.dat. the file contains your psn id at the very beginning.

btw, you may need to be on the latest firmware with your ps4 for remote play. I think I remember reading something about that. you don't with ps3 remote play, but you may have to be with ps4 remote play. correct me if I'm wrong, guys. maybe one has to be on the latest firmware?

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assumed that the system couldn't find the myprofile.dat. u may need to sign in for that hence the reason for an update needing to be installed. afaik, your psn id is not located in the system.dreg. that file contains all your credentials such as your email address, your account id, and the button swap (X or Circle). it's basically the xregistry of the system. since it doesn't contain that information, u may need to sign in to get it to work assuming no myprofile.dat exists. I'm not sure if your psn id exists on the system itself anywhere aside from the myprofile.dat. the file contains your psn id at the very beginning.

btw, you may need to be on the latest firmware with your ps4 for remote play. I think I remember reading something about that. you don't with ps3 remote play, but you may have to be with ps4 remote play. correct me if I'm wrong, guys. maybe one has to be on the latest firmware?
well , i trust a man who likes PINK FLOYD like yourself ... ! but it just seem like a risk , i was only intrested because my wife and son was playing WII .. they are trying to beat the KIRBY games atm,... So i could have a quick blast of the ps4 ... it just dont feel safe to me , so0 i aint doing it ,. but i just might buy a pstv and not hack it

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do u have the dns set to prevent the system from updating past 3.60? the dns is: 212.47.229.76 . there's a secondary dns that I've forgotten. just leave it blank if u don't have it. if the dns ever goes down, u just won't be able to connect to the internet, so you're safe. you could also try vita update blocker. I think it still works. you'll need to add a proxy through your pc for that. those might prevent the update nag.

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do u have the dns set to prevent the system from updating past 3.60? the dns is: 212.47.229.76 . there's a secondary dns that I've forgotten. just leave it blank if u don't have it. if the dns ever goes down, u just won't be able to connect to the internet, so you're safe. you could also try vita update blocker. I think it still works. you'll need to add a proxy through your pc for that. those might prevent the update nag.
you know what .. even when Henkaku started , i was paranoid of a ban kind of thing , i.e ps3 ,. xbox 360 style , so i kept my vita Offline all the way back then ,. to be honest i never played my Vita online much maybe Killzone when it 1st came out but thats about it .... & i could not give less of a crap about trophies ... i think i will stay on Airplane mode lol
i saw this .. the other day ,,, but never really looked into it

http://www.psx-place.com/threads/offline-ps4-remote-play-current-version-2-0-0-2211.14617/

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have both my pstv and my vita running Enso and they both work great with remote play. I didn't think u have to edit anything. I just clicked on remote play on vita or pstv , it searched for my ps4 and it connected without any problems.
same here mine was working fine just before Enso ,..

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you know what .. even when Henkaku started , i was paranoid of a ban kind of thing , i.e ps3 ,. xbox 360 style , so i kept my vita Offline all the way back then ,. to be honest i never played my Vita online much maybe Killzone when it 1st came out but thats about it .... & i could not give less of a crap about trophies ... i think i will stay on Airplane mode lol
i saw this .. the other day ,,, but never really looked into it

http://www.psx-place.com/threads/offline-ps4-remote-play-current-version-2-0-0-2211.14617/

I'm on that site as pinky. that might work. u should try it out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Bananners.