Is any of the Legend of Zelda Breath Of The Wild DLC content helpful to making the game easier?

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by Sonic Angel Knight, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    The second half turns out to be way easier than the first, but the final guardian boss made me lose which sucked 'cause I was so close. :( BotW's DLC has taught me new ways to attack enemies and make other uses of utilities and the sorts.

I've noticed that the graphics on BotW tend to look beautifully artistic and realistic, take a look. Honestly, this is something that really popped out while playing the trials rather than when I just played the game originally.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Don't know what it is but Link just looks a work of art like that! :)

Xzi likes this.
  2. Mansize

Mansize GBATemp Hardware

GBAtemp Patron
    Mansize is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 18, 2017
    Netherlands
    Netherlands
    That is in retrospect if you've already discovered a lot. If you're new to the game, how helpful is it? Like when playing it for the first time? The route towards finding the Lost Woods isn't exactly a cake walk. Chances are that you'll find it pretty late. Once you get there, you'll have to also connect the dots with some description you may or may not remember. I don't know. It is a useful item, sure, but I question how useful it is to a newbie.

3. Futurdreamz

Futurdreamz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 15, 2014
    Canada
    The travel medallion is in a labyrinth that is chock full of guardians and requires two stamina upgrades to even get to. I don't think the DLC is designed for newbies.

4. Mansize

Mansize GBATemp Hardware

GBAtemp Patron
    Mansize is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 18, 2017
    Netherlands
    Netherlands
    Which is exactly my point; it limits the usefulness of the items. By the time you can actually discover the Korok Mask on your own, you likely really don't need it to finish the game.

5. DreIceAge

DreIceAge Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 22, 2017
    United States
    The teleportation medallion helps a lot.
    Fully upgrading the Master Sword also helps alot.

Those two additions alone were worth the $20 IMO

6. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Thanks for the information, I cracked and bought the dlc. My favorite is the 60 power master sword, it makes things lot more fun for me to enjoy, plenty of silver monsters fall with ease and it is more enjoyable of a game now that I pretend to be a monster hunter. :P

I admit there still things i don't like about it, the weather problems like rain that make you slip when climbing, the thunderstorms that force you to change equipment, the temperature that require special items to visit places and the stamina gauge that requires constant management for many things. One thing I can't figure out, after doing all the shrines, I have 3 hearts missing with full stamina gauge. I know i can exchange stamina for hearts, but does it mean they miscalculated something to not be able to have them both maxed out, or is the winter dlc the potential way to fix it? :unsure:

In the end, I understand the $20 dlc is in 2 parts, one is just item rewards and the next is more story to the already bad story with the a boring ending. Is okay, I'll play it, then play something else, least I'll have a finished game on the switch that isn't a $20 download. :P

7. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Vanuatu
    the game is easy anyway.

8. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Thank you for sharing your opinion.

9. DreIceAge

DreIceAge Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 22, 2017
    United States
    You're not missing hearts. Thats how it was designed. May have something to do with the Winter DLC. Keep your stamina guage because its far easier to find max hearts ingredients than it is for max stamina ingredients.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Then play it in Master Mode. I'm currently on a 100% Master Mode run. 156 Korok seeds left. Beating Trial of the Sword to unlock the Master Sword's full abilities is making it easier but can still be challenging at times. A golden lynel can still kill you in one hit even with max hearts and armor.

10. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Vanuatu
    I’m only playing and going to complete it because I hate it but i paid full rrp for it.

11. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Well I dunno, only when the dlc will tell, if i still don't get full hearts, I will assume is a shrine miscalculation or some kind of problem nintendo could fix in a update or more dlc