Hardware Is a PSP still worth it?

Pacheko17

Controversial opinions guy.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello mah doods, so, my birthday is coming up and my family is almost broke so all they can afford for me is something under R$300 ( BRL ) and an used hacked PSP costs R$250 here.

So I wanted to know if it's worth it to ask for that instead of saving up money. I've always wanted a PSP ever since I first saw one some years ago but never got it ( I did get a DSi XL and a 3DS though ).

That's basically it. Oh and the model is the 3000, I'm already aware of the differences they have beetwen models ^^

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: RIP Akira Toriyama
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It cost 250$! Fuck! It cost me like barely 60$ here and they are still dropping in price.
Honestly, if you can get a PSP, get it! I am there are TONS of games for them, it's not hard to hack and get games up and running. Not to mention getting microSD card readers for the memory card is also pretty easy and cheap (I've found dual-microSD reader for like 2$ on ebay.) There's also shittons of hacks/homebrews that can be installed on it, emulation is amazing, tons of RPG's, wallpapers are easy to set up, ect.

keepitoriginal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think it's worth it, i loved when i had a PSP and they are a really good device, good games and emulators. once you have a ton of memory to hold it youll have endless hours of fun.

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think it's worth it, i loved when i had a PSP and they are a really good device, good games and emulators. once you have a ton of memory to hold it youll have endless hours of fun.

Well I wouldn't say "endless" since excitement dies eventually. $250 USD for a hacked PSP is a lot of money :wtf:. They are on the market now for about $200 USD - $70 USD (see here https://www.google.com/search?q=psp&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari ) I would buy just buy one pre used for $60. One worth 200 is NOT WORTH IT.

If you have a little over $240 USD a Wii U may even be worth buying on EBay. Just make sure you buy the System and Console, if you like Nintendo.

Last edited by petethepug,

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's that? Roughly $80 USD? Nah, if you found one for $40 USD, sure, but at that price you should be able to just order a complete Pi kit, which is quite a bit more capable than the PSP. The PSP was nice for emulation a few years back, but now it's just nice for a very limited budget.

keepitoriginal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I wouldn't say "endless" since excitement dies eventually. $250 USD for a hacked PSP is a lot of money :wtf:. They are on the market now for about $200 USD - $70 USD (see here https://www.google.com/search?q=psp&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari ) I would buy just buy one pre used for $60. One worth 200 is NOT WORTH IT.

If you have a little over $240 USD a Wii U may even be worth buying on EBay. Just make sure you buy the System and Console, if you like Nintendo.

True sorry about that :ohnoes:, honestly my cousin had his old PSP, all he did was put a file in and click run on the PSP and it was hacked. that is too much i read it wrong, me personally i would get a used one and do it myself

D

Deleted User

just don't buy psp 3000. there are issues with the screen with that model. psp 2000 I think is the best one to get.
i've had a 3000 for around 4 years and the screen is fine.. apart from being interlaced, but that's just how the psp screen is

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D

Deleted User

sbjfbsz.png

You won't be finding any PSP's for that price...

MpRTWye.png

EDIT: now that it's been pointed out... he said BRL.. not RBL... 300 BRL is ~$80 usd

Last edited by ,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: RIP Akira Toriyama
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Umm...

R$ =/= $ USD
I am not going to lie, I just assumed that was a typo. That was my bad.
Seeing that the OP is from Brazil and I know video game systems cost a lot down there, I went with that previous knowledge on my post.

Last edited by The Catboy,
D

Deleted User

I bought a shitty psp street for $40 AUD. It has lots of games, easy to hack, a ton of emulators that play great (I mainly used it for Gba/Gbc emulation).
If you have disposable money go ahead its a great little device.

-Edit-
Just read your post clearer because I'm half asleep, if you can don't buy a pre-hacked psp for more than a regular psp. Hacking a psp is literally drag and drop.

Last edited by ,

MajinCubyan

The Funky Super Saiyan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get it. Can you import one from America? a used 3000 goes for like $60 and its so easy to hack that it pretty much hacks itself.

Man, thats crazy how the currency is like that. So I guess it cost the same regardless.

Last edited by MajinCubyan,

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's worth it. Even if the system was not hacked it has region free so you have a huge selection of games to choose from just a stock psp alone. Best handheld gaming device IMO.

Reactions: MajinCubyan

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umm...

R$ =/= $ USD

My bad. Wrong currency, for wrong country lol.

If your dealing with BRL I got no tips. Sorry :/.

My solution would be to find one for about 100 - 200 BRL. I don't know a lot about Brazillian Currency (I use American.) But somewhere around that price range might be a good deal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: oh shit where??? :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: