Princess
OP
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I've been adding various roms to supercard dstwo. In the process I discovered it runs three of the five Chinese games on my US ds lite. Despite supposely not being capable. (Yoshi Touch & Go, Wario Ware Touched, Polarium)

Yet Super Mario 64 DS and New Super Mario Bros stop at the "only for ique ds screen". Any idea what difference might be causing this? The lockout's exact nature isn't well understood.

It could be misinformation... But I simply figured all these China games were locked (not just some), and they wouldn't run correctly even if you force them. Or is that wrong? More playtesting is surely in order, I should watch out for bugs/etc.

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Wikipedia says, "The Nintendo DS is region free in the sense that any console will run a Nintendo DS game purchased anywhere in the world; however, the Chinese version games can only be played on the Chinese iQue DS, whose larger firmware chip contains the required Chinese character glyph images." which sounds a little dubious if you're able to play some of them on a non-iQue DS.

Lumstar

Princess
OP
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Who knows. Maybe a feature of this flashcard? Though I lost my DSTT some time ago, can't compare it right now.
I guess I might want to try Supercard CF with Passcard 3. I've still got the old slot 2 combo around.

Lumstar

Princess
OP
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Good news! All 5/5 work on 3DS for me.

I guess it's possible Nintendo removed the iQue region check from 3DS... I haven't heard anyone investigate it. After all that wiki statement (as written) is clear in referring very specifically to DS, not 3DS.

Crosser

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gemini.aerdan.org
XP
Country
Italy
Given how a game will never, ever need the full Cinese hanzi set, I'm not sure why the iQue only games are supposed to take font glyphs from the BIOS instead of an NTFR with simply the necessary characters. In all honesty, it just sounds bogus.

Reactions: 1 person

Lumstar

Princess
OP
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Given how a game will never, ever need the full Cinese hanzi set, I'm not sure why the iQue only games are supposed to take font glyphs from the BIOS instead of an NTFR with simply the necessary characters. In all honesty, it just sounds bogus.

What we need is somebody else who owns a DS and 3DS, along with a flash cart compatible with both. That way identical setup conditions can be compared with my experience.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described +1