XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nice tool waninkoko!
smile.gif

waninkoko said:
What can we do with this application:
QUOTE said:
- With this application we CAN'T patch the IOS37 nor avoid it when upgrading the Wii.

- With this application we CAN run SSBB without update the Wii (and probably we'll be able to run Mario Kart even if it wants to use the IOS37).

But I do not really recommend to patch SSBB to skip the update rather patch the __update.inf to install only IOS36.
That way you can also run a brickblocked but otherwise untouched meaning correctly signed ISO.

QUOTE(Whizz @ Mar 25 2008, 10:22 PM)
Incredible work dude, good job!

How do you do it?

I think he changes the byte at 0x18B in tmd.bin on the second partition. I had similar thoughts about changing the loaded IOS version myself yesterday.
But keep in mind that can only work as long as a new IOS version doesn't change/add some API functions need by the game...

Hardcore Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
superrob said:
Wow thanks!
This may save all out asses when mario comes out!

To stop a forced Mario Kart update you mean? I'm pretty sure MK is going to install an extra channel on our menus, removing the update will stop this. It's going to be fun and games in a few weeks. Back to members only signing Brawl release stylee.

waninkoko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
bailli said:
I think he changes the byte at 0x18B in tmd.bin on the second partition. I had similar thoughts about changing the loaded IOS version myself yesterday.
But keep in mind that can only work as long as a new IOS version doesn't change/add some API functions need by the game...

You're right.

Btw, SSBB doesn't work with an IOS lower than 28
tongue.gif

dasfteg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hardcore Gamer said:
superrob said:
Wow thanks!

To stop a forced Mario Kart update you mean? I'm pretty sure MK is going to install an extra channel on our menus, removing the update will stop this. It's going to be fun and games in a few weeks. Back to members only signing Brawl release stylee.
the mario kart channel is not in the ios37, if you remove the ios37 you not remove the mario kart channel update

lombers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does this also remove region specific updates or just simply patch the IOS version?

As commented by Bailli, I think the IOS updates are still important as if the game requires new instructions etc that are in the latest IOS updates the game might crash.

I still like the idea of running the IOS Updates but just removing all the region specific ones. Not sure if this can be done without Trucha, but if this is the case that would be the best outcome I think.

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
dasfteg said:
Hardcore Gamer said:
superrob said:
Wow thanks!

the mario kart channel is not in the ios37, if you remove the ios37 you not remove the mario kart channel update
Well and IOS updates is only for games right?

dasfteg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
superrob said:
dasfteg said:
Hardcore Gamer said:
superrob said:
Wow thanks!

ios37 is for block trucha and freeloader and no contain mario kart channel
grog.gif

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
dasfteg said:
superrob said:
dasfteg said:
Hardcore Gamer said:
superrob said:
Wow thanks!

ios37 is for block trucha and freeloader and no contain mario kart channel
grog.gif
Thats not what im asking for.

I understand that IOS updates only are for running games?

Hardcore Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
dasfteg said:
Hardcore Gamer said:
superrob said:
Wow thanks!

Oh, so it's an optional thing? Looks like this tool will be good then as I can't see MK using 37 unless they've added something very late, reviewers have been playing it for weeks.

2cb2ct7

Trophies
XP
Country
Hardcore Gamer said:
Oh, so it's an optional thing? Looks like this tool will be good then as I can't see MK using 37 unless they've added something very late, reviewers have been playing it for weeks.

Bingo! Everyone is so stressed out about the possibility of having to update just to play MKWii. I really can't see this happening. Master discs would surely have been produced and the game gone into production by now (release is only about 2 weeks away!)

lombers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So does this tool have the capability to remove the channel and system menu region specific updates?

It would be nice if I could still run the IOS updates but remove the region specific stuff without having to use Trucha. Replacing / changing IOS updates is still cool too, and I can see the usefulness of this tool.

Thanks again for your hard work waninkoko!

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Uhm, about that Mario Kart Wii channel, isn't that supposed to be something in-game only and not an actual Wii channel? I mean, that's what most (p)reviews have been pointing at anyway.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
waninkoko said:
Hardcore Gamer said:
superrob said:
Thats not what im asking for.

I understand that IOS updates only are for running games?

We got weather and news channels from an IOS didn't we?

Nope. The channels are independent.

Almost. The updates allowed you to get the channels. To use the channel you need both.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Fuck sigma, go with sugma.