Apple iOS 8.3 jailbreak released! [8.1.3-8.3]

jonthedit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I went from 8.1 to 8.3 on ipod 5th gen, I think there is a large performance jump between those versions, there are still some 7.x tweaks I need that haven't updated to 8x yet unfortunately
Absolutely!
Which tweaks? I still miss the finger touch replacement tweak Zyphr from iOS 6 :(
Tage [the 7.x-8.x similar tweak] doesn't have the same feel.

jpx86

Trophies
XP
Country
i am reading all kinds of complaints about this already, of people not being able to get it working and getting stuck at 20%
think i will pass the ios scene sucks nothing ever works right , TU doesn't work either i never JB cause i can never get SHSH backed up case all the tools on this scene are just utter garbage that rely on other garbage software like itunes

I'm not sure what you're talking about. The scene is active and has good tools.

You're worried about backing up SHSH, which are useless for your phone. Even if you did find a tool to save them, there is no way to use them on a 5c.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what you're talking about. The scene is active and has good tools.

You're worried about backing up SHSH, which are useless for your phone. Even if you did find a tool to save them, there is no way to use them on a 5c.
from what i understand there is no way to use them on any phone yet, but there will be
seems like everything post evasion is not as stable as evasion
TU never worked right , and i never tried ifaith for shsh

jpx86

Trophies
XP
Country
from what i understand there is no way to use them on any phone yet, but there will be
seems like everything post evasion is not as stable as evasion
TU never worked right , and i never tried ifaith for shsh

Now I know what you were talking about. Yeah, some of these jailbreaks have had some stability issues and problems with the installers. Usually there is a few rounds of patches and then things become stable.

Unfortunately, the SHSHs most likely never will be useful.

By the way, SHSH was used up until the 4S. Now devices use APTicket.

The reason SHSH blobs were helpful is that Apple signed a key for the device, and you were able to capture the response and replay it whenever you wanted to use it.

APTicket works by generating a random 72 byte string at boot, and sends that in the request to Apple. Then Apple uses that in generating their response. So even if you save that response, you would need the phone to boot up the same string again... and there is only a 2^72 chance of that is going to happen. So even if you could automate this to try one every second, it would take around 1,500,000,000,000 years to try all the possibilities.

Apple has really tightened up security in the boot process, so I wouldn't hold my breath for a working exploit any time soon (if ever).

Reactions: weatMod

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Anybody managed to get JellyLock7 installed and working on iOS8.3? I managed to install it fine but when i applied shortcuts to the homescreen it entered safe mode. I uninstalled it and then reinstalled it but it enters safe mode straight away now without me even applying any shortcuts to the lockscreen. I tried to delete the files with iFile but can't actually find them, anybody got it working, any tips? Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Mondooooo, there was a power outage while you were sleeping?