Tutorial Installing rxTools 9.2.0-20 w/ Unlinking - Updating - Online Access

We're you Successful?

• Total voters

CLOUD9RED

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Not automatically, through OOT3DShax and browserhax I get into Emunand now instead of Homebrew. It's kind of messed up.

I've decided to use the starter kit and the zipfile and to copy it again (and replace) the files and now it seems to work. Thanks. A great guide!

cl_aude

Trophies
XP
Country
Brunei
Great guide, used this last night with little problems.

Just two questions, how does installing game updates/DLC work for this? Do you have to install them the same way you do games with a .cia? Also, could I use BigBlueMenu instead of FBI, I heard it's easier.
Thanks.

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
Great guide, used this last night with little problems.

Just two questions, how does installing game updates/DLC work for this? Do you have to install them the same way you do games with a .cia? Also, could I use BigBlueMenu instead of FBI, I heard it's easier.
Thanks.
Just update from eShop. As for the BigBlueMenu dont go for it. Its basically the official Nintendo CIA Installer SDK Rebranded. I'll link a way to get the Official Nintendo SDK cia.

cl_aude

Trophies
XP
Country
Brunei
Just update from eShop. As for the BigBlueMenu dont go for it. Its basically the official Nintendo CIA Installer SDK Rebranded. I'll link a way to get the Official Nintendo SDK cia.

Ok that sounds good, but is there any chance going into the Eshop could mess anything up? I've installed a few games at this point, my Emunand is up-to-date and my nands are unlinked.

zToXiN

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I've done things up to Part V step 9.

I'm a little confused here.
The next step is to unlink NANDs.
After step 9 going to the theme menu and applying a theme, that makes menuhax no longer work.
When I boot my 3DS it goes into sysNAND.
When I access Homebrew from the QR method and launch rXtools and boot into rXmode, then it goes into emuNAND.

Is something wrong here or is this correct? I am referring to the 3DS booting into sysNAND upon launch.
Should I proceed to unlinking NANDs or is there something I should do to configure the 3DS to boot into emuNAND by default?

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
So I've done things up to Part V step 9.

I'm a little confused here.
The next step is to unlink NANDs.
After step 9 going to the theme menu and applying a theme, that makes menuhax no longer work.
When I boot my 3DS it goes into sysNAND.
When I access Homebrew from the QR method and launch rXtools and boot into rXmode, then it goes into emuNAND.

Is something wrong here or is this correct? I am referring to the 3DS booting into sysNAND upon launch.
Should I proceed to unlinking NANDs or is there something I should do to configure the 3DS to boot into emuNAND by default?
When you were going into the Theme button I believe you were in SysNAND. Make sure you are in EmuNAND and do it again.

theskywasgreen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey,

I love this tutorial! It's the only one that seems to make complete sense in each step!

I'm just wondering if Rxtools 3.0 has been tested using this method and works and if once I have done this I can update emunand to 10.6 as I saw earlier you recommended someone not to update to 10.4 (before 10.6 was released I presume?) Is this tutorial still valid and up to date or would a newer tutorial be worth following now?

Thanks for creating this either way as it seems really good and I wanna try it tomorrow once my Cubic Ninja arrives for downgrade!!

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
Hey,

I love this tutorial! It's the only one that seems to make complete sense in each step!

I'm just wondering if Rxtools 3.0 has been tested using this method and works and if once I have done this I can update emunand to 10.6 as I saw earlier you recommended someone not to update to 10.4 (before 10.6 was released I presume?) Is this tutorial still valid and up to date or would a newer tutorial be worth following now?

Thanks for creating this either way as it seems really good and I wanna try it tomorrow once my Cubic Ninja arrives for downgrade!!
I havent tested MenuHax 3.0 so just use the tested version from the Download Center. Dont update your SysNAND but you can update your EmuNAND when you have everything setup.

Reactions: theskywasgreen

theskywasgreen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I havent tested MenuHax 3.0 so just use the tested version from the Download Center. Dont update your SysNAND but you can update your EmuNAND when you have everything setup.
Hi ShinyMK,

Thanks for your response :). You are really kind with your replies and help! Only reason I wanted to go with Retools 3.0 was apparently the boot rate on the o3ds is virtually 100%.

Still waiting on my copy of cubic ninja to arrive for downgrade... :(

I see today there is a new update out which I won't do incase it blocks ninjhax!

Thanks again for your great help.

Nicky

theskywasgreen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello again!

One more question - Once I have downgraded to 9.2 using NinjHax - should I then format the SD Card and 3DS and then use the MenuHax method you suggest as an entry point to Homebrew? Would this technically mean that I would not have to continue to use Cubic Ninja and could pass the cartridge on to someone else to use? (Theres currently only one version of cubic ninja available on eBay.co.uk atm!)

Thanks again,

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
Hi ShinyMK,

Thanks for your response :). You are really kind with your replies and help! Only reason I wanted to go with Retools 3.0 was apparently the boot rate on the o3ds is virtually 100%.

Still waiting on my copy of cubic ninja to arrive for downgrade... :(

I see today there is a new update out which I won't do incase it blocks ninjhax!

Thanks again for your great help.

Nicky
May I know what version you are on? If you are on v10.3.0-28E/J/U you wouldnt even need Cubic Ninja.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hello again!

One more question - Once I have downgraded to 9.2 using NinjHax - should I then format the SD Card and 3DS and then use the MenuHax method you suggest as an entry point to Homebrew? Would this technically mean that I would not have to continue to use Cubic Ninja and could pass the cartridge on to someone else to use? (Theres currently only one version of cubic ninja available on eBay.co.uk atm!)

Thanks again,
Yes format the SD card you should keep all the handy 3DS folder apps doe e.t.c. Simply back them up on your PC and format your SD card then proceed with an Empty SD card to format your 3DS from System Settings. Put the 3DS homebrew apps in And your ready to start the tutorial.

Yup all you need Cubic Ninja for is to access a Homebrew Entry Point allowing you to access MemChunkHax2 which essentially downgrades your system. From there the simple QR code BrowserHax to Install MenuHax will do just fine.

Definitely sell it or share your CN with friends. It is a very valuable game at the moment.

theskywasgreen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Great thanks for that!

Im having a weird problem. I'm at the setting up CFW stage. I managed to installs retools correctly but then once it went to boot into emunand the red/black screen flashed so I followed your FAQ of booting into HBL and doing it from there. That then booted me into emunand fine. So I turned off the 3ds to continue your tutorial. However, now when I turn on and hold down L it just boots into emunand? Turning on and holding down R boots into Sysnand but L isn't booting into HBL. What should I do??

theskywasgreen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I really think steps IIIA and IIIB need a bit more information. I've tried to do this 3 times now and something keeps going wrong. Once I get to the RXTools bit and it installs everything fine it then kicks into the red/black screen and I don't know whats going on but it won't let me into HBL and I thought I had gotten into Emunand earlier but now every time I do it I am not getting into Emunand. When you say copy Emunand9 to the ads folder you can't open it in HBL - Emunand9 doesn't show up? However, when copied to the root it comes up and I can do the dump and install Emunand but then again get to the bit where Retools installs but I just get the red/black screen. Along with this, after the emunand format in step IIIB am I supposed to replace the Boot 3dsx file thats been created in the emunand set up with the old modified Boot 3dsx file or keep the one created by Emunand9? Thanks

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
Great thanks for that!

Im having a weird problem. I'm at the setting up CFW stage. I managed to installs retools correctly but then once it went to boot into emunand the red/black screen flashed so I followed your FAQ of booting into HBL and doing it from there. That then booted me into emunand fine. So I turned off the 3ds to continue your tutorial. However, now when I turn on and hold down L it just boots into emunand? Turning on and holding down R boots into Sysnand but L isn't booting into HBL. What should I do??
Did you correctly replace the "starter.zip" files with the files from the secondary zip? Try replacing them again.

I really think steps IIIA and IIIB need a bit more information. I've tried to do this 3 times now and something keeps going wrong. Once I get to the RXTools bit and it installs everything fine it then kicks into the red/black screen and I don't know whats going on but it won't let me into HBL and I thought I had gotten into Emunand earlier but now every time I do it I am not getting into Emunand. When you say copy Emunand9 to the ads folder you can't open it in HBL - Emunand9 doesn't show up? However, when copied to the root it comes up and I can do the dump and install Emunand but then again get to the bit where Retools installs but I just get the red/black screen. Along with this, after the emunand format in step IIIB am I supposed to replace the Boot 3dsx file thats been created in the emunand set up with the old modified Boot 3dsx file or keep the one created by Emunand9? Thanks
I think you are mixed up on what to do. I honestly dont know wtf ur even on about lmao xD I recommend you to take a look at the steps a bit more carefully. If that cant help just tell me whats gone wrong like whats happening on screen and what your doing et.c

Quick question, can I play and update physical games on emuNand?
Yes.

leopluradonx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so im stuck at v-8 when i try to load edmunands fron rxtools it just restarts the 3ds and then ends up at red and black flashing screen
i some how managed to get into it once but it froze after i checked the version :(. after that i have had no luck and the only way i can get into rxtools is from homebrew

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo