Tutorial Installing rxTools 9.2.0-20 w/ Unlinking - Updating - Online Access

We're you Successful?

• Total voters

gui710

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I Guess my EmuNAND Froze or something cuz after the RxTools first setup I pressed any key to finish and it just froze what should i do now? Power off?

Edit: I can't automatically go to EmuNAND i need to go to RxTools then boot into Emunand with "R" pressed and when I go to Settings on Emunand and quit automatically reboots into a Yellow screen.

Could someone help me in skype or something like that?

Last edited by gui710,

Bryon15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't install cia anymore either. After updating the emunand to 10.6, formatting the system memory, linking my NNID with it, and redownloading my eshop games, it won't let me install cia anymore. Anyway to fix this?

Edit - Nevermind. It seems to be working now. :)

Last edited by Bryon15,

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
I Guess my EmuNAND Froze or something cuz after the RxTools first setup I pressed any key to finish and it just froze what should i do now? Power off?

Edit: I can't automatically go to EmuNAND i need to go to RxTools then boot into Emunand with "R" pressed and when I go to Settings on Emunand and quit automatically reboots into a Yellow screen.

Could someone help me in skype or something like that?
Unlink your nands if you havent already then:
Power on while holding L, You should appear in the HBL. Hold L while opening rxTools and Press A to open rxMode. Hold R and Press (Y?) to open EmuNAND. Stay holding R until your in EmuNAND. Once your in it, Change your theme to anything. This will fix that issue.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't see any reset button at data management>3DS>software, so I can't install the .cia after that, what can I do?
Have you properly copied the DBs files?

CLOUD9RED

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
HI all,
I'm stuck at this step:

IV - Preparing the CFW;

3) After 10 or so seconds depending on your internet connection you should have a newly created folder called "firm" in the "Tools" folder. Move the "firm" folder into the "rxTools" folder which is inside the "release" folder;

It's not creating any new folder. I've installed python properly (2.7.11).

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
HI all,
I'm stuck at this step:

IV - Preparing the CFW;

3) After 10 or so seconds depending on your internet connection you should have a newly created folder called "firm" in the "Tools" folder. Move the "firm" folder into the "rxTools" folder which is inside the "release" folder;

It's not creating any new folder. I've installed python properly (2.7.11).
Press the Windows Button and Search for "Python" right click - Run As Admin and then drag and drop the .py file into Python and try that.

So basically you are saying to Unlink my nands before Step "V - Launching and Setting up CFW"?
Basically yes as you have MenuHax installed to the EmuNAND.

I noticed a problem. None of my ambassador gba games will work. I keep getting this screen:

http://i.imgur.com/RyA70en.jpg

The nes ambassador games work fine though.
Thats an issue with the .cia files not rxTools.

CLOUD9RED

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Press the Windows Button and Search for "Python" right click - Run As Admin and then drag and drop the .py file into Python and try that.;

Thank you, now I'm at the next step. Did everything correctly (firm file to rxtools, move rxtools to root SD card, and the rxTools from folder ninjrhax to 3ds folder on SD card.
The screen isn't going haywire, it's just restarting normally.

V - Launching and Setting up CFW;
1) Power on your 3DS withouth pressing a single button. You will see your screen go haywire like when launching HBL but it will boot rxTools instead

achusiify

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I finally did anything and have the emuNAND working with a few installed games. Now my problem is: can I just upgrade the system normally from the emuNAND to play online and download game updates from the eshop? Because a friend told me I could get banned/bricked if I do.

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
Thank you, now I'm at the next step. Did everything correctly (firm file to rxtools, move rxtools to root SD card, and the rxTools from folder ninjrhax to 3ds folder on SD card.
The screen isn't going haywire, it's just restarting normally.

V - Launching and Setting up CFW;
1) Power on your 3DS withouth pressing a single button. You will see your screen go haywire like when launching HBL but it will boot rxTools instead
Go ahead and Hold L while powering on and Hold R while opening rxTools from HBL. That should work.

So I finally did anything and have the emuNAND working with a few installed games. Now my problem is: can I just upgrade the system normally from the emuNAND to play online and download game updates from the eshop? Because a friend told me I could get banned/bricked if I do.
Yes just make sure you have your nands unlinked BEFORE you update and also make sure it says RX-U/J/E instead of "Ver." in System Settings' Top Screen.

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
Just to be 1000000% sure, if I did a console formatting BEFORE the dbs folders stuff my nands are unlinked?
VI - Unlinking Nands;
This step is super important if you want to be able to actually use eShop and play games online etc not just that but it makes it more safe;
1) Turn off your 3DS and Hold "R" while you Power On to boot into SysNAND, Go into System Settings, Go to Format System Memory and continue with the Prompts until you get to the Big Red Format button. Take out your SD card and click the Format Button;
2) Once it formats and prompts to reboot put your SD card back in and setup your 3DS. It will make some Management Files just let it do its thing. Once its done go into the Theme Button and change your Theme to "Basic Red" for now;
The theme helps to identify which Nand you are on. Red = SysNand and for EmuNand custom/whatever will do.
Going into the Theme Button is very important skipping it will screw you over.
4) Go into the "Nintendo 3DS" folder and you should see 2 Folders with random letters and numbers and a folder called "Private";
5) Check the folders properties to see which of the 2 folders are the smallest of size. The smaller one is your SysNAND, I would make a txt file noting which is EmuNAND and which is SysNAND;
6) The smaller folder should have a extdata folder. If theres no dbs folder next to it go to the Download Center above and download the dbs.zip and extract the dbs folder next to the extdata folder;
7) If the bigger random letters folder also has no dbs folder extract it to there too;

To confirm if your nands are linked after doing the steps go into the Nintendo 3DS folder, If theres 2 folders inside of it and when you change your Theme on EmuNAND and it only changes on EmuNAND then your Unlinked.

CLOUD9RED

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Go ahead and Hold L while powering on and Hold R while opening rxTools from HBL. That should work.

Thank you, I got further now and I think I've unlinked. But the following doesn't happen to me:

"Do this same process on EmuNAND, To boot into EmuNAND just turn on your 3DS without pressing anything."

Every time I power up it's the Sysnand. To get to Emunand I'm using at this moment HBL and Rxtools and press A (without holding L). How do I make Emunand start on start up and start Systand by holding R?

Edit: In the meantime I've noticed I forgot the step with replacing the files from the zipfile (boot.3dsx etc.) I've done that and now Emunand starts whenever I'm trying to launch HB (OOT3Dhax).

Last edited by CLOUD9RED,

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
Thank you, I got further now and I think I've unlinked. But the following doesn't happen to me:

"Do this same process on EmuNAND, To boot into EmuNAND just turn on your 3DS without pressing anything."

Every time I power up it's the Sysnand. To get to Emunand I'm using at this moment HBL and Rxtools and press A (without holding L). How do I make Emunand start on start up and start Systand by holding R?

Edit: In the meantime I've noticed I forgot the step with replacing the files from the zipfile (boot.3dsx etc.) I've done that and now Emunand starts whenever I'm trying to launch HB (OOT3Dhax).
So is your issue solved then? Does it boot into EmuNAND fine now?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"